my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...downtown park






CONNECTING TO:



- - -


HODGEPODGE



1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why? Golly, I can't say all three? George Washington would be a choice #3 I guess. Only 'cause a distant kin was with him and died crossing the Delaware on, I believe, Christmas Day in 1776. Thomas Jefferson would probably be my 2nd choice just 'cause the man was BRILLIANT [at least in history books] ---but Abraham Lincoln has always been a favorite of mine. Slavery, being from a poor side of town so to speak, becoming a prominent lawyer and then going all the way to the top of the country?!!! That's gotta be a man with balls. Oh, and to be honest, I would've loved to know John Wilkes Booth also ---just to see what 'triggered' the man...what made him click...I would love to be able to interview him and then write his biography. Weird, huh? I've been to Ford's Theater [and New Salem] several times and find Lincoln's era so very fascinating in our history.

2. What's your favorite chain restaurant? Scold me if you will...but I came here in 2004 and there was no Jack in the Box. Well, I proceeded to email them and get them to open a franchise in town. They did the following year, opened 4 actually. And the grand opening of the first, believe it or not, they had to have police to direct traffic. But that is NOT my favorite chain restaurant. I don't consider it a restaurant in the first place. I guess my favorite would be CHEDDARS ---their Monte Carlo sandwiches are 'to die for'.

3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to steal borrow it- When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good? I remember her random question from last week ---and I responded: I always look at the positive and never dwell on 'what might have been'. It's always a move forward for me, and happy to have accomplished something. If not, well then, in 100 years it won't make a difference anyway.

4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice? I really like 'em both. But, there is a drawback here with my heart meds. I've been told that the blood pressure medication I am on; I should NOT consume grapefruit. I guess there is a long term interaction with the fruit and the drug; could be fatal [has been] over time. But oranges would be my choice anyway. I love 'em. Sweet....juicy....juicy sweet. And there is no preference for me. Just gimme!!!

5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for? I clean closets out twice a year. Except for one. Clothes closets get cleaned in Spring and Fall. It's just to keep up with the seasons. The only closet that doesn't get cleaned out much is the foyer [front door coat closet] ---only 'cause we only need to wear coats about a week total out of the 365 days in a year.

6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see 'round your table? I think it'd be more easily jotting down three I wouldn't want at my table. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would be two. And ya....Lady Gaga. They're all just plain weird. LOL Hmmmm, famous people at my lunch table----do they have to be living? I guess so, huh? LOL Okay...well, my next question would be "how famous"....I will begin with 1] Derek Jeter [NY Yankees' short stop]---did you know his middle name is Sanderson? Well, now you do. 2] Queen Elizabeth, and 3] Actually coming up with two was most difficult...I guess to round it off, it'd be: "Would the Mystery Guest please sign in?----number three would be Paul Hewson. Better known as BONO of U2.



7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park? :::snort::: You didn't give a "0" as a choice!!!!! Let's put it this way, if the street is free of parked cars, I can do it. But if I had to park between two that are parked parallel then...forgit 'bout it. I'll drive around 'til I find an 'easy' place.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
When I change my background template for the 'time of year', like today, I tend to search out a quote by someone to add below the Blog Header. For this Mardi Gras template I designed...I think the quote by Schulz could very well be said about me. And Mardi Gras season is shown as an overly 'happy' time to celebrate. Well I am happy at least; so I must be doing something right...I just can't figure it out what it is.



CONNECTING TO:

53 comments :

  1. Beautiful pictures!!!! We can't have anything to do with grapefruit in any form, either!!! Statin drugs for our cholesterol, bad reaction. And you do have to watch some oranges, they are a cross between a grapefruit and an orange. I never heard of Cheddar's, but it sounds awesome! Three famous people?? Well, I am with you on Gaga and the Pitts for NOT interviewing them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...as far as I'm concerned, the media can just ignore those three. It'd make me happier than a pig in a mudhole. LOL

      Delete
  2. I really like the photos! And the hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick!! Long time, no see!! Howya doin'?

      Delete
  3. Another interesting read this morning - I enjoy finding out about you! Love what you did with your header, but have to admit I was mildly shocked when the hearts disappeared. I will miss them :( But the photo was lovely! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Linda, I change my template often. I love designing for my blog. As you'll find out the longer you follow me. LOL

      Delete
  4. Interesting and fun answers today, as always! Interesting about your heart meds and grapefruit, who would've "thunk" it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...and you know human nature; something you can't have, you crave all the more.

      Delete
  5. My mom isn't allowed grapefruit either due to heart meds. I said Bono too...love his music and he seems like such an interesting person who has tried to do some good with his fame and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, what Bono is doing for the good of the world is very commendable.

      Delete
  6. Bono forgot about him....great picks! So many to choose from I'd also like Ellen...she does a lot of good works also. Love your new background very festive! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen...as in Ellen DeGeneres? Ya, she's done a lot for people who are less fortunate.

      Delete
  7. I like oranges much better than grapefruit, and I'm another one of those on statins that shouldn't have much grapefruit anyway. And I also love learning more about you, Anni. You are one interesting person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow....flattery will get you everywhere you know.

      Delete
  8. LOL...love your new header n the quote is one I can also relate too! Grapefruit conteracts so many meds that it's just easier not to eat them! I would pick oranges anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd that the natural chemical in a grapefruit does that.

      Delete
  9. Love the new header.
    I enjoyed reading your post today and your park looks so wonderful and springy.I wish we had some green here so sick of white.
    I agree with #7 I do not parallel park either. May be we should get that new car they have out now that can do it by itself.My only concern would be if it hit a car and you had to call the cops what do you tell him? I did not have my hands on the wheel so it was not my fault!!!
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I would love to see that car park itself in real live person.

      Delete
  10. I found it interesting that you want to meet John W Boothe... And I think I would like to as well because I'd want to know the same thing. I love your blog template :) I'd love Bono of U2 at my lunch table as well lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, to have him sit next to me and sing "I still haven't found what I'm lookin' for"...I'd melt.

      Delete
  11. ok, i have to say that your wouldn't want to have lunch choices would definitely be my never want to meet, evah! i love bono and would love to meet him as well!

    love your background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have to agree with you on your stance regarding those three I wouldn't want to dine with.

      Delete
  12. See I went for Angelina and Brad for the curiosity factor. Strange. Yes. But I would like to see if behind the curtain to see how strange: Queen Mum was at the table too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Queen Mum is Queen Elizabeth II's mother.

      Delete
  13. Well this really gave me insight into your life a bit more. I too look forwarded and know that my past is just that, in the past. Wish I only wore a coat for half a week! Love the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After growing up and raising my own family in snowy Colorado Rockies, having a winter that is mild in temp and no snow...it's perfect.

      Delete
  14. Wish a Cheddars was close by. Totally agree with you on paralleling parking-absolutely cannot do it
    :) pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...and our Cheddars is so beautifully decorated with huge tropical ceiling fans and tile and teak....I'd go there at a drop of the hat.

      Delete
  15. I had to give myself a -100 on the parallel parking. I can't do it to save my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, me either...except for when there are no other cars 'round.

      Delete
  16. I love your pictures...I love your background. I snorted when I read your parallel parking answer. I will be back....you are fun. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do come by again. Love having you visit with me any ol' time!!

      Delete
  17. I'm the same on the parallel parking. Since your closets are neat, would you want to come and do mine? haha

    Never heard of Cheddars but my hubby tells us about Jack in the Box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jack in the Box's sourdough burgers!!

      Delete
  18. I have never heard of Cheddars before, but sounds like a winner to me! Derek Jeter, huh? Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm. Gotta love that man, and his attitude.

      Delete
  19. I would have your three picks on the do not invite list too, along with a few others that make my skin crawl.

    I don't have a smart phone so I can't scan the code but was wondering what I would see if I could and if it's blog related how do I go about getting one for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several places online to get your QR Code [for free]

      I'll show you a site -when it opens click the choice "url" then, copy paste your blog's home address. Save the image, and upload it to Blogger and then add it to a page element gadget.
      http://easyqrcodegenerator.com/

      Delete
  20. Hi Annie Sweetie...
    OMG it worked. So you have to send me a link, by commenting on my blog, for me to get to your comment box. But it worked. I am so darn tickled.

    I love this post. (Of course I love all your posts.) I love seeing your thoughts. Abraham Lincoln is one of my favorites as well. Can you imagine how interesting it would be to visit with him?

    Oh Jack in the Box. I love them as well. Cheddar wedges with bacon and lots of sour cream. Oh to die for. I knew we were so much alike, we could be twins.

    I have always lived by what my Grandma said. Never look back. Live each day to its fullest, don't look back and have no regrets. I love it.

    I LOVE oranges the best, so sweet and juicy. Never have like grapefruits.

    Love your dinner choices. That would be one great dinner. Can I join you as well?

    Oh sweetie, thank you for the happy heart, the smiles and the laughter. And most of all for figuring out a way for me to comment. Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh happy Day!!! Glad it worked this time.

      Delete
  21. I clean my closet last year and put out 4 black bags full of things. I was so happy to get rid of them and now seems like it's piling back and I need to clean it again or purging? ^_^

    WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I understand that all too well.

      Delete
  22. Like the Mardi Gras! You were the 2nd person to put Bono and I don't even know who he/she is. How funny! Great answers and thanks for stopping by today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Liked your answers, I love Bono.

    ReplyDelete
  24. parallel parking??!! I don't remember the last time I had to do that.

    Enjoyed your hodgepodge today.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful park! have a great day, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your choice of Queen Elizabeth was quite intriguing! I love English history and am currently into the third book of The Cousin's War (Phillipa Gregory). I'll bet the current queen has quite a few stories of her own to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You make this background yourself?! It's gorgeous! Very interesting luncheon group. Do you think that the queen would let you borrow one of her tiaras? :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Monte Carlo sandwich? Ooooh yummy! I haven't had one in probably 20+ years! But I'm wanting one now!!!!

    You made your background? Wow! You are one talented lady!

    I'm a little slow in getting my blogs all read ... glad to be getting caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  29. HaHa! I guess paying attention to the questions asked would be important! I had 2 dead people at my table for lunch!!! But they were famous, does that count! Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love oranges, as is and juice. At home, i am to lazy to juice. So when I go to friends house, i say juice please. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bono is a really cool choice!

    I put one live person and two dead people at my table. I didn't see where the question specified, so I chose based on who I thought was interesting, not whether they were still breathing or not. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog (Random Thoughts by Suzanne) and commenting there. I appreciate it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  32. P.S. Thanks for having the information in your sidebar about how to get rid of the word verification thing. Those drive me mad! My vision is poor and I never get them right the first time. I've set both mine and my husband's blogs to "no". Hopefully this will lead to more comments. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

.