my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Sweet Mutti ---

  • This past week, I received a package from Denmark! Dear, sweet, Mutti had shipped a gift to me for Christmas. In a card she wrote: "Please accept this gift as a token of our long lasting friendship. Wishing you and Bud and your entire family a very, very happy Christmas and a blessed New Year." Mutti? The snowglobes light up my night and your friendship fills my heart!! Thank you [TAK!]. "du er den bedste!! Jeg elsker dig min ven!!"


  • I've received some beautiful Christmas cards from online friends...this means the whole world to me. Literally...from around the world. I have them all sitting near me, on my desk!! Thank you all.

  • I had mentioned I found a couple of new seashells that I don't have in my collection of 'finds'. And yes, they're still not cleaned up enough to bring indoors...



    "French Fighting Conch"


    Auger



    Below, I have several of these kinds...


    Angel Wings and Sundials


    Sand Dollars


  • In the USA, on TV, while watching commercials [seems that's all that's on worth watching sometimes]...anyway, I am still trying to figure this one out. It involves Jessica deClerque and the insurance company. On the phone --a guy has called Jessica. Well, wait, that's not my point. Let me get straight to the point. At the end of the commercial, it flashes on the screen the text - 1-800-STATE FARM. Okay. Got it? Ya, baby!!! The thing is, everyone living in America knows that phone numbers consist of seven digits...Right? Right!! Well STATE FARM is NINE...the area code being the 800 number...the prefix having three numbers, and the last being the four numbers that is unique to YOUR phone. If I dial 1-800-STA TEFA, that's as far as I can should go....what gives? If I dial in 1-800-STA-TEFARM does it take me to someone residing in INDIA that doesn't talk English clear enough to understand? [insert sarcasm tones]

  • Speaking of commercials, I still can't figure out what the Geico Gecko says at the end of his 'newest' commercial in a TEXAS BAR [about having big hats, big steaks and BIG HAIR - here is the link I just found on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTTDCe5_FA]!! But, while searching to no avail, I did find something I've always wanted to know --who is really 'behind' the Geico Gecko. Well, now...a British actor named Jake Wood...

  • And to end my fragments, the annoying and sometimes tolerably cute Progressive Insurance lady...Flo [aka Stephanie Courtney]...

  • I do go on wikipedia and google search tangents often and for no apparent reason.


  • RON PAUL is looking better and better as the days count down to 2012. But, will he even make it in the Texas' Primaries?










  • commercial/photo images courtesy of Google Search

    27 comments :

    1. The shells are beautiful, and you have made my day by showing me the gecko's voice!!! Hope you got my comment from your last post, it was late due to my mini vacation!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for the info. I hardly ever go to Wikipedia or do Google searches. Just am not much of a researcher.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Lovely additions to your collect, Annie.
      Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wishing you a happy Christmas!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I haven't seen that last commercial for Geico. I'll watch for it and see if I can be a translator. I know that going from a southern accent to a heavy brogue can be a challenge! Glad to see you're havin' fun these days, Anni!

      ReplyDelete
    6. DJan...oh if you can figure out what he says, I'll be forever indebted to you. I'm most certainly bumfuzzled over this part of the commercial. LOL

      ReplyDelete
    7. You got me there....can't figure it out, either...
      Thanks for stopping by...yes, in 44 years of marriage, I can count the number of hair cuts Jim has gotten from someone, other than me, on one hand....at one time or another, I've cut the hair of most of my family members.
      Wish I could send you some rain.
      And I have never found any big shells like those...must be fun to live so near the ocean.
      Mama Bear

      ReplyDelete
    8. Merry Christmas to you n yours Anni...may your day be filled with peace n happiness!

      ReplyDelete
    9. An interesting and widely-varied post - I love those sea shells, as we don't see them here. Merry Christmas!

      ReplyDelete
    10. I hardly ever watch commercials because I record almost everything I watch, and enjoy fast forwarding through them. As for googling - I love looking up factors from old favorite shows on Wikipedia to see what's happened to them - just did that with David Hartman yesterday, after I watched Miracle on 34th Street and thought of the one time I saw the version he was in, and wishing I could find it again - it was made in 1973.

      Have a blessed Christmas week-end!

      ReplyDelete
    11. The Progressive Insurance Lady rates higher than many of the shows that serve as her warm-up routine, don't you think?

      ReplyDelete
    12. What a sweet thing to receive!
      I love the Geico gecko!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Ich wünsche dir von Herzen ein wunderbares Weihnachtsfest mit viel Liebe und Harmonie.

      Alles Liebe für dich
      Marianne ♥

      ReplyDelete
    14. That's so nice of Mutti ! I love the pictures of the shells ! they are beautiful !
      Merry Christmas !

      ReplyDelete
    15. I love your shells and I love Flo!

      ReplyDelete
    16. I like that Progressive lady. This morning, I saw a new commercial in which she pretends that something is broken, and I thought to myself, "She's a cutie."

      I'm pretty sure the extra numbers just get ignored by your phone when you dial.

      I, too, received a couple of cards from bloggers. I really love that. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

      ReplyDelete
    17. He said, "I think we have our answer." Thanks for the link! When I re-read this I realized you had already given me that link, but for some reason it didn't register. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    18. Love your shells !! As a child I listened to the sea in one of my Grandmothers shells. Brings back memories.

      ReplyDelete
    19. I was on a cruise last week and it nearly drove me crazy that I couldn't immediately google something to get the answer to a question brought up in a conversation. (No phone service on the cruise)

      ReplyDelete
    20. Wow! Those snow globes are beautiful. And so are the shells. So wonderful to celebrate the holidays with so many friends everywhere.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Anni, I don't watch much tv, so don't recognize the State*Farm commercial.

      Love the shells. You always find the beauties.

      Another download at my Writing Nook for your enjoyment. You will love this one.

      Merry Christmas to you, Bud and your family.

      Blessings,
      Mary

      ReplyDelete
    22. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with peace, joy, and many blessings. Mickie:)

      ReplyDelete
    23. beautiful seashell reminds me of the seashell poem come see my post at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2011/12/merry-christmas.html

      ReplyDelete
    24. I love the sea shells - the sand dollars are my favorite!

      And I go on search tangents too - one never knows when that question of "Who is the British actor that is the voice of The Gecko?" comes up in trivial pursuit.

      Happy Holidays ~
      Lisa

      ReplyDelete
    25. Hi Anni,

      Merry Christmas,

      I am always off scuttling somewhere when the commercial is on. My 15 year old, he reads about Republican election campaigns, and I ask him why? We are here in NZ. He tells me who is doing what.

      ReplyDelete
    26. Anonymous2/09/2012

      Nice. This ohio state life insurance blog is really educational. This should be shared to others. I would be glad to do so. I life insurance high blood pressure will start today.

      ReplyDelete

    .