my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Texas Style...

  • So many times I've wanted to share some TEXAS Spirit with y'all!! You see, there is a state-wide, 'home operated' grocery chain that originated in Kerville, Texas. The chain store is called H E B [we lovingly call it HEEBS around here in our home. LOL] The H stands for Howard...the E is his middle initial and the B stands for Butts. And his family is in the top of Fortune 500. I must say, I have never EVER had such a great experience shopping for groceries as I do in their facilities. I really don't know just how many are in Corpus alone, but I do know that just about every few miles or so, no matter the direction you're driving/walking...there is a neighborhood H E B store. We have two super centers...and I wish for one closer to our home. LOL Anyway, to get back to what I started out talking about is each month the owners publish a magazine [free] for seasonal, coupons, stories, letters, health issues, etc. etc. etc. The recipes are what I've wanted to share so many times. But I figured there is a copyright issue that I don't want to infringe upon by posting them. Well, come to find out...duh!!...the "My Texas Life" magazine produced by the store chain is ONLINE!! Free for ANYone. This month's issue for November is all about Thanksgiving and the recipes are some I NEED to try. Especially two...the "Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars" and the "Pecan Pie Shortbread Pudding".

  • HERE is the LINK for you...click on: MY TEXAS LIFE MAGAZINE - it's done with Flash, so you need that installed...and you can 'turn the pages", view other past issues, enlarge to view recipes better. To your heart's content.

  • I'm going to add a link to their magazine site on my sidebar in case you're interested in viewing upcoming issues with me.


  • 15 comments :

    1. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You had me at Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars! lol I'm going to go over there and check out their recipes. I love trying out new ones:-) Thank you so much for the link, dear Anni. xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for sharing and I will have to go over and take a look at some of the recipes. I am always looking for new things to fix.
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow that does sound yummy... Thanks!!!
      {{{HUGS}}}
      Donna

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have never heard of this place. It sounds awesome! I wish I could go in the real store! Hope you have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks, Anni! When we used to deliver produce in Houston every week, I always shopped at the H E B in Houston. I especially loved the brown bags at the cash registers. Do they still have those? They were pre-filled with staples for the food bank. You just popped one in your cart, paid 10 bucks and the bag went into the barrel for the food bank. So easy to be generous! Thanks for reminding me of one of the wonderful reasons I love being a Texan!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'll have to plan a road trip. HEB's sounds great, as do those recipes that you mentioned. Thanks for the link.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Always love a new recipe site!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I am pretty picky about grocery stores, so when I find a good one, I am loyal! Love that they publish a magazine for free and that it is online. I'm going to go check it out!!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. My Texan relatives prefer Albertson's, so I've never Hebbed.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh my LORD, Pecan Pie shortbread pudding?! That sounds delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Yum!!! My pile of recipies that I want to try is getting bigger and bigger.

      ReplyDelete
    13. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Looks chock full of deliciousness! Happy Early Thanksgiving :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. Cool. I've heard of the store from other bloggers.

      ReplyDelete

    .