my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



stupid is as stupid does...


Yesterday, the water gardens outside the museum...today; art. As I stated last week in my weekend summary, Bud and I went to the art museum. I did manage to take a few photos; against all rudiments...but anyhoo---I tried to think of some clever way of showing them off. It starts off just 'okay' in the art, then...gets a little bizarre. In a twisted way, to me most of the abstracts farther down on the page are 'something stupid' and to even remotely think of saying "I love 'em" would also be stupid. Okay, okay...they're works of art [again, the latter ones]; some must like these...but I ask: "What are y'all smokin'?" So, here is my version of an oldie but goodie; uncharacteristically ----


I know I stand in line, until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me


And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me

And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two







LOOKS LIKE A DRINK OR TWO
WAS TWO TOO MANY!!












And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"

I can see it in your eyes, that you despise the same old lies
You heard the night before


And though it's just a line to you, for me it's true
And never seemed so right before

I practice every day to find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come true


But then I think I'll wait until the evening gets late
And I'm alone with you

The time is right your perfume fills my head, the stars get red
And oh the night's so blue


And then I go and spoil it all, by saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"
("I love you, I love you,...")


SONG ON YOU TUBE: HERE
Photo Credits: Women Local Artists' exhibit
Art Museum of South Texas
Corpus Christi


Thursday Themesong Meme linked button found on sidebar marquee.
Just use song lyrics and match them to photos you've taken. Simple, fun...I am sending out an invitation for y'all to try it once!! You may find yourself HOOKED on classics.

22 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh! Some of those remind me of the horrid painting from the movie Mickey Blue Eyes! I'm taking part in Thursday Theme Song for the first time this week. Harder than I thought!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Anni, I have to admit there are a couple of those that make me scratch my head trying to figure out what the heck the artist was trying to get across. The little frog is cute, that's my kind of art. :)

    I do remember this song, I love anything by Sinatra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked that song - it pairs well with the art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me laughing so hard that Tucker looked up from his morning nap! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moooooooooo! Wasn't that cow a hoot?! It was almost like he was telling us to GO HOME! I was surprised how the cows get right into it and outwit the riders lots of times! One for the cows!

    Oh my goodness, I'm with you, what are they smokin'!? Yikes, that last one was downright scary! I've never gotten it and at this point I don't think I ever will! :o)

    Love the theme song----so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anni our Art museum was closed for 'remodeling' for nearly 2 years...when it reopened we discovered some stuipd things too.

    I do love this song though and the pictures you selected are perfect.

    Ok I think I have a handle on the meme now. I wasn't giving it time to scroll past the "meme" info. Thank you for your help,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. There certainly are some interesting interpretations of art these days. I think I'll stick to my photography for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Good, Anni, I don't understand them either but there must be some deeper meaning which escapes me.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that song was a blast from the past this morning - haven't thought of it in years! Thanks for the memory.

    As for "art" - was it here that I commented recently about "in the eye of the beholder?" Can't remember. When I first started at CSU, they brought in a bunch of the most horrible sculptures you'd want to see and placed them all over campus (on loan from somewhere) - most of them were made of rusty metal. I wrote to the powers that be and was told I just didn't "get it." They're right! I didn't. I hated seeing them when I walked across campus and was so thankful when they left after FIVE YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Anni!!!I do remember that song and you once again picked the right picture to go with it.
    A couple of them sure did say to me "What are you smokin" for sure.
    I did like the little frog however.
    Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) I liked the 2nd photo so much. It's so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, not exactly my taste, lol ! It's amazing what people understand under "Art". Even a white canvas with a black point is art !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni,

    This is really cool. I remember that song! Is it Andy Williams? I love seeing the pictures that you took at the art museum. You are right, some are very beautiful paintings and some are downright weird.

    Thanks so much for coming over to say hi. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abstract art is different, to say the least. Not really my cup of tea. But your pictures make a great post with the song!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love the frog on the side of the cup. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello dear Anni:-)

    I've been busy pickling and canning the last couple of days but today I'm taking a break!! I smell like a clove of garlic!! OY! lol

    Love the way you used art from the museum to go with the song lyrics. Have always loved that song as well! I will never understand abstract art...I know they say it's all in the eyes of the beholder but honestly I just don't see it! lol To think that people will spend thousands and millions on such art, well, I just shrug my shoulders at that.

    Can you believe it, 61 degrees here! Brrrrr, quite a change from the hot temps we'd been having. At least the sun is shining:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a good job on comment of your art picture and I'll say nothing.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WhAT a fun post, Anni. And I sat and listened to Frank and Nancy all the way through. Thanks for the smile. Have a great weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The second one is cute. Love the little frog on it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha! Well, that was fun! I love your choice of pictures, too, even the rather weird painting with random limbs all over the place!

    Took me a while to find the button, but I got there. The link to the Fair Use page is not working - is it really OK to reproduce the lyrics? I'd like to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Most of that looks like something I could do after a few Shiners. Is there money in it??

    ReplyDelete

.