I believe this is an immature summer tanager, perhaps a scarlet tanager. It's, in a way, unidentifiable for me. The tanager family species have yellow beaks, don't they? It's way too small for a cardinal...it also lacks the dark mask a cardinal would have. I'm gonna stick by the summer tanager [about 4 inches from tail to beak, if that long and markings of dark wing feathers]...but, if anyone has an ID on this particular bird, I'd appreciate it immensely.

PICSTORY'S THEME THIS WEEK ..."I just wanna see *Your best post*!"
That request was very difficult. For me, personally, I enjoy making humorous posts. They're fun for me, but, I can't really choose "the best"...only because I think the best is yet to come. I only went through my contents list and kinda just picked one at random that had a lot of comments [this one in particular had 72 comments], hopefully because it was a 'favorite' with my visitors.
Follow the link to the entire post: SHADES OF SUMMER, filled with photos galore. The link will open in a new window.
Among several photos of summery blossoms, this one is part of the post. A Pelican Yard Statue among the Strawberries and Cream Crepe Myrtle:

MEME LINKS to both Ruby Tuesday and Tuesday Picstory found on my sidebar linked graphics

PICSTORY'S THEME THIS WEEK ..."I just wanna see *Your best post*!"
That request was very difficult. For me, personally, I enjoy making humorous posts. They're fun for me, but, I can't really choose "the best"...only because I think the best is yet to come. I only went through my contents list and kinda just picked one at random that had a lot of comments [this one in particular had 72 comments], hopefully because it was a 'favorite' with my visitors.
Follow the link to the entire post: SHADES OF SUMMER, filled with photos galore. The link will open in a new window.
Among several photos of summery blossoms, this one is part of the post. A Pelican Yard Statue among the Strawberries and Cream Crepe Myrtle:

MEME LINKS to both Ruby Tuesday and Tuesday Picstory found on my sidebar linked graphics
Lovely pictures. The scarlet tanager is gorgeous...I have never seen one before. Hope you have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteAnni, It is a beautiful bird. The Scarlet Tanagers have dark wings. I think it is a summer tanager. But don't hold me to it.
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty little bird, but I don't know what it is!
ReplyDeleteSuperschön ♥ ♥
ReplyDeleteThat little cutie is a sweetheart, whatever he is. :)
ReplyDeleteWow that is a beautiful bird. I have never such such colourful birds.
ReplyDeleteIt's a Ruby red little critter, whatever you call it. Very nicely captured too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this little bird with PicStory! It´s very cute! Have a great week! LG Tina
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bird and beautiful click. :)
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Anni!!! I have no idea what that beautiful bird is but I would sure love to see one! Loved the pelican picture...
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}}
Donna
Excellent blog ~ Excellent Photo for Ruby Tuesday ~ thanks ~ Carol ^_^
ReplyDeleteNew to Ruby Tuesday ~ Hope you come visit my blogs (Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor) thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^
That is a beautiful bird...I am terrible at identifying birds though! Your pelican is so cute in your garden too! I may have seen that on Fun Monday many moons ago! LOL
ReplyDeleteWow this bird is so pretty. I don't think so if we have this kind of bird here up north ^_^ Great post anni!
ReplyDeleteImmature scarlet tanager? Sure, I'll take your word for it. How perky it looks perched on that barbed wire!
ReplyDeleteI’M FOND OF CERISE
For red my affection is great,
It’s puce and chartreuse that I hate.
I’m fond of cerise,
It makes a nice piece
Of clothing that looks just first-rate.
© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher
Lost Red Spoon
Beautiful bird, whatever that is! I thought at first its a cardinal.
ReplyDeleteMy Ruby Tuesday, have a good day!
Anni what a great shot and I agree it does look like a Tanger.
ReplyDeleteI'm off to check out hour best post!!
Hugs C
Beautiful shot!
ReplyDeleteHappy RT.
Mine's here.
it is a beautiful little bird
ReplyDeleteHi.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Wildlife on Wheels, and leave a lovely comment on my photography.
Like your blog, great colours in your lovely shot of the Scarlet Tanager.
Take care,
Yoke
Woah....thank heaven you told me it was a yard sculpture....I was wondering what in the world I was looking at. This is one cool post. You always give me a treat with your picture. Genie
ReplyDeleteI think the cardinal is a larger bird. Whatever it is, it is bright red. Great shot Anni!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures. The little red bird, scarlet tanager - I am very limited on my knowledge of birds - is a beauty - and I just love crepe myrtles!!
ReplyDeleteMy Ruby Tuesday is here:
http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/08/ruby-tuesday-how-about-strawberry.html
I have so much catching up to do!! I haven't read anything for two weeks now - but I did finally get Part I done of our first trip.
ReplyDeleteI'm helpless when it comes to identifying birds! But I'm sure you've been helped immensely today.