my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Rubies...a treasure trove.

I believe this is an immature summer tanager, perhaps a scarlet tanager. It's, in a way, unidentifiable for me. The tanager family species have yellow beaks, don't they? It's way too small for a cardinal...it also lacks the dark mask a cardinal would have. I'm gonna stick by the summer tanager [about 4 inches from tail to beak, if that long and markings of dark wing feathers]...but, if anyone has an ID on this particular bird, I'd appreciate it immensely.









PICSTORY'S THEME THIS WEEK ..."I just wanna see *Your best post*!"


That request was very difficult. For me, personally, I enjoy making humorous posts. They're fun for me, but, I can't really choose "the best"...only because I think the best is yet to come. I only went through my contents list and kinda just picked one at random that had a lot of comments [this one in particular had 72 comments], hopefully because it was a 'favorite' with my visitors.

Follow the link to the entire post: SHADES OF SUMMER, filled with photos galore. The link will open in a new window.

Among several photos of summery blossoms, this one is part of the post. A Pelican Yard Statue among the Strawberries and Cream Crepe Myrtle:



MEME LINKS to both Ruby Tuesday and Tuesday Picstory found on my sidebar linked graphics

23 comments :

  1. Lovely pictures. The scarlet tanager is gorgeous...I have never seen one before. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, It is a beautiful bird. The Scarlet Tanagers have dark wings. I think it is a summer tanager. But don't hold me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty little bird, but I don't know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superschön ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little cutie is a sweetheart, whatever he is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is a beautiful bird. I have never such such colourful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a Ruby red little critter, whatever you call it. Very nicely captured too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this little bird with PicStory! It´s very cute! Have a great week! LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bird and beautiful click. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Anni!!! I have no idea what that beautiful bird is but I would sure love to see one! Loved the pelican picture...
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent blog ~ Excellent Photo for Ruby Tuesday ~ thanks ~ Carol ^_^

    New to Ruby Tuesday ~ Hope you come visit my blogs (Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor) thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful bird...I am terrible at identifying birds though! Your pelican is so cute in your garden too! I may have seen that on Fun Monday many moons ago! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this bird is so pretty. I don't think so if we have this kind of bird here up north ^_^ Great post anni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Immature scarlet tanager? Sure, I'll take your word for it. How perky it looks perched on that barbed wire!


    I’M FOND OF CERISE

    For red my affection is great,
    It’s puce and chartreuse that I hate.
    I’m fond of cerise,
    It makes a nice piece
    Of clothing that looks just first-rate.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Lost Red Spoon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bird, whatever that is! I thought at first its a cardinal.

    My Ruby Tuesday, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni what a great shot and I agree it does look like a Tanger.
    I'm off to check out hour best post!!
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shot!

    Happy RT.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is a beautiful little bird

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi.

    Thanks for stopping by Wildlife on Wheels, and leave a lovely comment on my photography.

    Like your blog, great colours in your lovely shot of the Scarlet Tanager.

    Take care,
    Yoke

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah....thank heaven you told me it was a yard sculpture....I was wondering what in the world I was looking at. This is one cool post. You always give me a treat with your picture. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the cardinal is a larger bird. Whatever it is, it is bright red. Great shot Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful pictures. The little red bird, scarlet tanager - I am very limited on my knowledge of birds - is a beauty - and I just love crepe myrtles!!

    My Ruby Tuesday is here:

    http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/08/ruby-tuesday-how-about-strawberry.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have so much catching up to do!! I haven't read anything for two weeks now - but I did finally get Part I done of our first trip.

    I'm helpless when it comes to identifying birds! But I'm sure you've been helped immensely today.

    ReplyDelete

.