“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Pelicans, poop, potty training, pictures and puns


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS








- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

Actually, today there is no rhyme or reason...my funnies are quite eclectic this time. As insane as the "media" has been in the last decade, so too are some funny "signs" you can see. Tho, not intended to be funny in any way, they ARE if you have a mind like mine:



Found this business sign just off the freeway the other day. Now, not only is the poor lawyer sign funny---it's MORE funny to know that ol' Hootin' Anni had to pull off the freeway and drive clear round to get a PICTURE of it!!!



rank: (rangk)
adj. rank·er, rank·est
Strong and offensive in odor or flavor.
Conspicuously offensive: rank treachery. See Synonyms at flagrant.







For this one, don'tcha just LOVE the educated dummies? Houston Astros are at the bottom of the heap in their division...but not only filled with errors...so is the local newspaper coverage by-line!!

What a hoot.










And what goes better with ball games than the great American Ball Park Hot Dogs?!! One that is paper trained!! I do love my hot dogs! Especially after Spring "Training"!




[this one is NOT my photo, but a shared image in a received email]



- - -

Two Irish nuns have just arrived in USA by boat and one says to the other, "I hear that the people in this country actually eat dogs." "Odd," her companion replies, "but if we shall live in America, we might as well do as the Americans do." Nodding emphatically, the mother superior points to a hot dog vendor and they both walk towards the cart. "Two dogs, please," says one. The vendor is only too pleased to oblige and he wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over the counter. Excited, the nuns hurry over to a bench and begin to unwrap their "dogs." The mother superior is first to open hers. She begins to blush and then, staring at it for a moment, leans over to the other nun and whispers cautiously: "What part did you get?"

- - -

With a hubby that was "all Navy" to the fun and poking fun at United States Marines [we have a LOT of Marines in our family, as is our son!!] between son and father, I saw this at the air show and thought it was too good to pass on 'readjusting' the "HOT AIR" and arrows on the plane with my paint shop program and then sending it to Erik...


[best if enlarged!]

- - -

From C-Span Press Dinner:
"Donald Trump often talks about running as a Republican, which is surprising," said the Saturday Night Live actor, entrusted with providing some of the comedy for the evening. "I just assumed he was running as a joke."

21 comments :

  1. I love today's camera critters!
    Thanks for the laughs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That hotdog is a riot. LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. Love the pelican and nuns.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yu are a hoot Anni! I love these signs and I wish you a wonderful Pink Saturday and a beautiful Mother's Day! You have a sense of humor I can totally relate to! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to funny.... but my favorite is definatly the Hot Dog!!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - those pelican shots are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pelicans, Anni. My husband loves photographing pelicans. We have white pelicans around here, but we usually just see them flying over, never posing for portraits like this!
    Love the paper-trained hot dogs, and your nuns/hot dogs story is a giggle.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had pelicans, they are so funny looking.
    l(ove the nuns and hot dogs!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a pelican that colour before as we had a different type back home in Australia - Pelecanus conspicillatus, which was predominantly white with a pink bill. They are funny animals to watch.

    That nun joke made me laugh and I've forwarded it on to some Catholic friends who will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Pelicans, great shots Anni:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pelican shots. We don't have them in New Zealand. Hubby and I sniggered at the dog joke. thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your humpor is great!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You grew up in Colorado! Oh My Goodness! What a small world huh? My oldest daughter worked at Woolworth's in the restaurant until they closed it and torn the mall down. Now it is one of those indoor/outdoor places where you need to go in and out to get the the next store. But no more Woolworth's. I am still sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for cheering me up with your post and your great pictures of pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, I love your pelicans. One of my favorite birds. Nice funnies this week too. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love Pelicans, and I'm always looking for pictures of them. Such beautiful birds!
    Well, this game is beginning to turn around the right way! I had my doubts, but you can never count the Yanks out!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Have a wonderful time.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pelicans!
    they're like rock stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are wonderful shots Anni, happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love pelicans...they are so unique looking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those pelicans. Mom had to work on Mother's Day so we are visiting a day late. Thanks for coming to Yoko's party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love pelicans, Anni, especially since one is on our Charity nursing school pin.

    Your funnies are also a delight. Add a little laugh to the miseries of the week past!

    ReplyDelete

.