my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...green alligators and long necked gesse...


[click HERE to join]


RANGO MOVIE REVIEW COMING HERE ON Monday,
in Monday's Morsels!!




CAMERA CRITTERS


There are no alligators in this pond [that I've seen] but there are a lot...in fact, gobs of long necked geese. Oh and if you know the song, there are no humpty backed camels and chimpanzees either. Nor the loveliest of all...there is no unicorn!! Geese, cormorants [link to photo I posted Wednesday] and ducks...oh my!!



ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN FROM LAKESIDE PARK








THE UNICORN SONG LINK
[and Irish song for Green Month...March!]


- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES


Speaking of green:



The Americans and Russians at the height of the arms race
realized that if they continued in the usual manner they
were going to blow up the whole world.

One day they sat down and decided to settle the whole
dispute with one dog fight. They would have five years to
breed the best fighting dog in the world and which ever
side's dog won would be entitled to dominate the world. The
losing side would have to lay down its arms.

The Russians found the biggest meanest Doberman and
Rottweiler females in the world and bred them with the
biggest meanest Siberian wolves. They selected only the
biggest and strongest puppy from each litter, killed his
siblings, and gave him all the milk.

They used steroids and trainers and after five years came up
with the biggest meanest dog the world had ever seen.

Its cage needed steel bars that were five inches thick and
nobody could get near it.

When the day came for the dog fight, the Americans showed up
with a strange animal. It was a nine foot long Dachshund.

Everyone felt sorry for the Americans because they knew
there was no way that this dog could possibly last ten
seconds with the Russian dog.

When the cages were opened up, the Dachshund came out of
it's cage and slowly waddled over towards the Russian dog.

The Russian dog snarled and leaped out of it's cage and
charged the American dachshund. But, when it got close
enough to bite the Dachshund's neck, the Dachshund opened
it's mouth and consumed the Russian dog in one bite.

There was nothing left at all of the Russian dog.

The Russians came up to the Americans shaking their heads in
disbelief. "We don't understand how this could have
happened. We had our best people working for five years
with the meanest Doberman and Rottweiler females in the
world and the biggest meanest Siberian wolves."

"That's nothing", an American replied. "We had our best
plastic surgeons working for five years to make an alligator
look like a Dachshund".

- - -

Think about this one:

A wise man never plays leap frog with a unicorn

13 comments :

  1. Thanks for these, they made me chuckle! Love the photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just always enjoy your blog, Anni!
    Love the ducks with the little toupet's! I remember the first time I ever saw one, which was only just about 2 years ago! Yes, I took tons of pictures!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Debbie's Travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this one! Great pictures, a fun joke and a fun song I don't hear very often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and I simply loved the joke!!!!enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chuckle! Love those ducks with their punk hair-dos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is always such a delight to visit! It's always a great pick-me-up for me. Just wanted you to know that.
    Those are some great photographs, and I'm glad there are no alligators, because that is one of the very few critters I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blogs always make me laugh, keep them coming, love all the different formats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, I have that song on a 45 record! I did a presentation in 5th grade music class to that song! We are birds of a feather!!! I use to sing that song all the time when I was a kid :-)
    Thanks for the memory.

    Great photos as always! Have a great weekend. I'll be in WDW for St. Patty's but I'll be wear'n green!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great looking geese! Enjoy your pond!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the most amazing-looking ducks, Anni. Wow.
    Every now and then, someone will mention a childhood game called "Duck, duck, goose" then laugh and laugh. I never heard of it during my childhood.
    Great camera critters you've got down there, all of 'em, but especially that first goose, and the duck who looks like he's wearing a mouse on his head. ;~)
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - We're going away again soon, so I've been getting some blog posts ready for the time we're gone, and the one I have the most of is Thursday Theme Song! (It's SO much fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, great post! I love the geese, ducks and the funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That joke is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

.