“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






drawing...finding and losing myself at one time...


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join


Our son's girl friend [one of many LOL] has adopted a cat. And a wonderful photo was sent to me; I was compelled to sketch it. She is holding her kitty by her beautiful face. When I started I was working on the cat and then tried working on getting her charm come through with sketching her face alongside the kitty. Now that there is gardening and weeding and trimming and tons of yard work coming for the season, I really wanted to finish what I started. I have been working on it sporadically; finished it last night...











- - -

Today is the day!!! Yep, you'll find Bud and me at the theaters for sure, for sure. Today the animated Rango comes to the big screen!! I even went as far as checking to see if there will be action figures from the movie. Yeppers. Coming out in May of this year. But, way too expensive for my budget. Unless I pinch pennies here and there. Whoever said pinching 'pennies'? Well, I think with inflation and the economy, the term should be pressing bucks...between the pages of a heavy book or perhaps between the mattress!! On the other hand, these would be super in my movie themed room. LOL I just know I'm gonna enjoy this movie.

14 comments :

  1. the drawing look great,a lot better that I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni, I love your sketch it is just gorgeous. Would be interested to hear what you think of the movie, it has the voice of one of my all time favourite actors Johny Depp.

    Comes out here in NZ in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketching is just awesome Madam,thanks a bunch for writing nice words to me,so i visit your cute blog,just awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawing turned out really good!
    I just saw an ad for Rango - it's going to be a great one! I know you'll give us a review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie,

    Thanks for visiting Show, Tell, Share and leaving comments! It looks like you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great sketch!!! Have I told you before that when it comes to drawing all I can really do is stick figures!! haha! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my shamrock! I LOVE you new blog look too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet picture, you're so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni you capture they beauty of your son's g-friend and very special kitty.
    Your artistic abilities are amazing. Have you had training or are you just be very talented. Enjoy the movie
    M&M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the name of your blog alone got me over here...so fun! That sketch is wonderful. She'll love it! I'm off to see Rango too, to preview it for my kids. Hope it's good. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely drawing! Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

    BTW - have you seen The King's Speech? I'm not a movie goer, but I absolutely loved that one. And what are you thinking about NCIS these days? I'm often confused.

    So, please do come back over and tell me what you were thinking before you saw the soggy towel/washcloth pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about pinching bucks. I try to do it but for some reason they seen to keep slipping out of my grip.
    You sketch is so awesome. You sure are an artist. I have trouble with a straight line.
    My high school art teacher told me I really had no talent in this field. We had to take art has a class back then.
    My youngest son is the artist in our family, but he did not get it from his mommy.LOL
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a thoughtful comment :) Your blog rocks - it's already St. Patti-fied!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never have guessed.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sketches are terrific!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your kind comments!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

.