my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Annie ' s Song


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics



What better way to describe, in photos, the lyrics to this song, [LINK] Annie's Song by John Denver [LINK] He sang about Colorado a lot; where I grew up and raised my own family [over 40 years]. With the first photo being a photo of the beautiful white barked trees of the state's high country...Aspen. I decided to monotone in black and white this week. All photos are as follows: An aspen grove around Bear Lake, Colorado - me on the beach, raindrops added for effect - a huge saguaro cactus on a stormy day in the deserts surrounding Tucson, Arizona - and a gull flying above the sea here on Padre Island in Texas


You fill up my senses
like a night in the forest
like the mountains in springtime,


like a walk in the rain


like a storm in the desert,


like a sleepy blue ocean

you fill up my senses,
come fill me again.










PS---I just noticed that I now have 500 followers!! I don't know how long that'll last as there are days that the number flucuates...but I'm thrilled. Kinda makes my toes curl!!!

14 comments :

  1. I love John Denver. What about country road, take me home. This is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann.... Oh I like John Denver's songs too, kinda like going home again, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful John Denver song. I was and still am a big JD fan.
    Great pictures too. You have me wishing for a walk on the beach,
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely - especially like the birches - just gorgeous! Have a great rest of the week! Your blog decorations for March are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karin... Those are ASPEN trees instead of birch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M & M....well, come on over, we'll go walking on the beach together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. I love how you can find photos to go with songs. So much talent in one person. WOW
    Thank you for your sweet comments.
    If you have to much warmth please send some on up north.
    You can now email me also sweet friend.
    Well I best get back to my reports.blah
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon... I'll try and send some of the heat we've been getting up your way. But not much....lol....as I love my heat too much and want to keep it here. Thank you kindly for your comment/compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love that song! Great pics to go with it!
    Congrats on 500!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, I was lucky enough to see John Denver singing this song in person. My friend had press-box tickets, and I had to walk on a catwalk above the crow. I was terrified, but after the concert I was so glad I went.
    His loss made a hole in the world of music, one that still remains.
    Your photos go so well with your beautiful namesake song.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. That has always been my very favourite John Denver song! Love the pictures you found to go with the words, you look darling in those overalls walking along the beach in the rain:-)

    Wow, 500 followers, you're a popular gal:-) It's no wonder, your posts are always so much fun and I learn so many new things from you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - 500 followers! What if they all commented in one day - that is amazing.

    I love this post - the pictures are perfect for a great song. I really love the reflection of you on the sand.

    My brain is totally mush right now and has no words to share on the old blog site - hope something pops in there soon! I'm thinking of doing a Wordless Friday posting of a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni- This was one of John Denver's most beautiful songs! I played it over and over!
    ...Made me wish my name was Annie! :)


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, first time I joined in with this meme, and I chose the same song without realising it!

    ReplyDelete

.