my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Ack!! And the Frenzy begins......

I haven't played Sunday Stealing meme in weeks...so I thought I'd give it a go----


[click button to join]


What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Cigarette

How late did you stay up last night and why? My usual, 10PM

If you could move somewhere else, would you? Not now, but maybe sometime in the future, who knows what kinda sexy dudes'll show up at the assisted living quarters in town!!

Have you ever been kissed under fireworks? Of course!

Do you believe ex’s can be friends? N/A

When was the last time you cried really hard? Reading an article about a fellow being deployed to Afghanistan and no one to take care of his fur baby here at home, in the states!

What items could you not go without during the day? The bare bear---oh, heck... necessities...silly!!!

Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? About 16 years ago...before my mom passed away.

How do you feel about your life right now? Touchy feely...good!!

If we were to look in your facebook inbox, what would we find? Facebook? You can't, my account is PRIVATE for family only.

Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? This is a repeated question again....I'd get an A+ being that my drugs are legal.

Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Oh, ya...a perfect pain. Actually, a perfect ROYAL pain.

Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m.: who do you want it to be? The sandman, being that I'm now awake at 2:00 a.m.!!!

Do you think too much or too little? I think, therefore I am.

Do you believe in fairy tales? Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you're young at heart!!

Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work? Ewwwwwww. No. But I have cleaned them. With Windex.

What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated? 11 years. And I married the ol' geezer super stud!!

Have you ever been on a blind date? Long long long ago.

Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more? Ummmmm, look at me....I'm in my 6th decade. I still keep in contact with some of my 4th grade friends. I do believe, if my math is correct, that's over 10 years!!

Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? Oh yes....several. hehehehe...one in particular, my Biology teacher....what a hunk he was.

What song do you want played at your funeral? N/A

Would you tell your parents if you were gay? N/A [my parents are dead]

What would your last meal be before getting executed? Medium Rare, steak...must be juicy and hot...or I'll refuse it and have 'em get it right!!!

Do you walk around the house naked? My house isn't 'round!!!

What do you do as soon as you walk in the house? Shoes....take off shoes!!!

Who is the person you can count on the most? Myself

What is your favorite Holiday? Halloween isn't really a holiday, but I do love the day...guess it'd be Christmas!!!

Would you ever get plastic surgery? Who's paying...with Obama's Health Care Reform, it'll be a given won't it?

Have you ever caught a fish? Yep!!! The rest in the sea are for all the other women who have EX's!!!

What is the first thing you notice about people? Just how easy it is to piss 'em off!

What is the farthest you’ve been from home? From home to Hawai'i. What is that in miles? Don't ask me!!

How did you meet your spouse or significant other (or most recent one)? At work.

Where was the last place you drove (other than home/school/work)? I think I'm still on the road....I drove myself crazy just yesterday.



This concludes my Sunday Stealing.
If you'd like to skip my Sunday's Summary found below,
HERE IS THE COMMENT LINK



- - -<><><>- - -







For another year, the Texas Gulf Hurricane Season will come to a close. For the past few weeks the Atlantic Hurricane email alerts I receive throughout the season from May to November have been absent from my inbox!! It's always a relief in a way...tho, I know the odds of a hurricane of significant force hitting directly into our city is very low...I do keep my eyes pealed for the six months. And the weather around here has really become beautiful...and in a way, picture perfect. The nights have been chilly and the air much drier. During the daylight hours the highs reach into the 70s with the breezes ever so light...just an ideal time of year. And this is the time of year Bud and I get busy after a long, hot summer. We cleaned out the thirty foot long raised flower bed this past week...the bird of paradise went 'hog wild' this summer!! A lot had to be cut out; it should really be thinned out completely at the root system...it's just too over-grown. But we settled this year...settling to just prune out the over-growth. Our Lady Banks rose is growing leaps and bounds also, but that is so 'weeping' it's beautiful in the Spring. We decided to just let it be. The huge Lantana [which is as high as our 6 foot privacy fence] was pruned at the bottom and used the hedger at the top to level it with the fence top. We cut out several of the overhanging branches of the pyracantha bush...tho we left the berried branches alone as the Mockingbirds love the berries...it's a good attraction for them, and no doubt much needed nourishment. Altho, I dislike working with this bush in particular, because of the nasty, nasty thorns!! The last we did in that flower bed was to thin out the Duranta bush [photo here]...that quickly grows out of control, but the flowers year 'round are a gorgeous deep purple and the berries are a golden pea size on hanging branches...very pretty this time of year. We edged both back and front lawns, and adjusted the mower to where it cut the grass very close...mulching for the season. Still that has to be done, is trim the roses after they're done blooming [yes, they bloom through the year until about the end of December if I keep them watered], the bougainvilleas need to be trimmed somewhat, the palm trees need to have the dried up fronds clipped, the huge gardenia bush needs to be manicured a lot, and then we should be done 'til Spring if it remains dry. And, not to forget, all the pecans have been shelled and stored for safe keeping.

I've noticed in the city, while driving around, that there are more and more shoppers at the malls, and strip malls, and on the freeways! It's that time of year. Bargains and store incentives to get the crazies buyers out in full force. I do like to go window shopping in the malls and specialty shops this time of year....we really don't shop much for the two of us, and I usually have stuff purchased way ahead of the holidays for the grandsons to ship 'em their gifts just after Thanksgiving. But, I never seem to not stop and check out the shoes. I found a cute, cute summery pair that was on sale at Macy's the other day and bought 'em. They're open heel, with black around the toes....with embroidered roses on top. The heels and sole are surrounded with light colored jute. Altho, the heel is a bit too high for me personally since I do a lot of walking about, I couldn't resist with the price they were selling for, and thought they'd be okay when we go out. That is, where I don't have to do too much walking in 'em. LOLOLOL Speaking of shopping, Bud and I took our semi-annual trek to the old part of town where a huge warehouse was turned into a great specialty shop of selling merchandise...some very unique while other items are just special [like Jim Shore, Willow Tree, etc.]. We perused this great place for over an hour, I purchased a wee tiny Santa Spreading Knife...that's all, but I will share our 'adventure' in a few days...take you shopping with us during the holiday season---with photos of the day.


I just took the turkey out of the freezer to thaw before Thanksgiving morning, I'll be making pumpkin pies and preparing the dressing, etc. etc....all that I can do ahead of time before the 'big day'. Seldom do I take the time to cook big meals anymore, and Thanksgiving is a solid reason to enjoy all the good stuff....and from scratch. The two I really look forward to consuming is mashed potatoes and homemade turkey gravy. The gravy has always been a 'downfall' for me...I so love it, and know it's not the healthiest food on the planet...but once in a while I partake, and put on the pounds!!! That's when the walking hardily comes in. It's contentment I think they call it...good food, a sunny warm day, the silence of the season knowing all are at home with their loved ones and friends...yep, a 'feel good' kinda day.


One more thing today before I wrap my blogging, another appointment for me tomorrow. I'm hoping this'll be the last for the year. This time it's for blood work. Y'all know what that means, right? Cholesterol. Ewwwww. That's a four letter word for BAD ANNI, I know.

21 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed your answers. You made me smile all the time. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, thanks for visiting my blog, come back again soon :O) Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunday Stealin always makes me laugh.
    The flower is gorgeous!
    Hope that blood work comes back awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ANNI,

    nice sunday stealing post. i enjoyed reading it. thanks for visiting my post. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sexy dudes showing up at the assisted living quarters - made me laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back Anni! I am sure Halloween is a holiday, so enjoy it guilt free as your choice. Shoes are a drag inside. I didn't know you still smoked! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, we sure do share a habit. I know it's bad, but it's so good!! I blame my brother. I quit and was doing well 'til he started. I am a very considerate smoker though. And I do go without for up to four days every few weeks. So I reckon I've got it under control.

    Still.. mmmmm.. it is good.

    Like yours answers a lot, hehe. Very nice indeed.

    LGS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie,

    Interesting answers. I presume that Windex is some form of window cleaning product. We call it Windolene across the pond.

    Both, I guess are much more effective than saliva ...

    :0)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answers. Liked your comment about your house not being round. Also laughed at the first thing you noticed in people. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Dear Anni. We have had some Fog here the last couple of mornings and have been under Dense Fog Advisories. I totally understand you keeping your eyes on the Weather. I'm sort of a Weather Geek myself and most of the times, I keep my t.v. on The Weather Channel. I know, I may be crazy, but one never knows what to expect these days anymore. It could be all clear one moment and then the next, there could be Severe Weather coming in. I remember a couple of years ago when Hurricane Ike hit, we got some strong winds from that and we lost power for several hours. Most of the times, about the only thing we ever get from Hurricanes, depending on which way they are going, is some rain. I love the shoes you bought from Macy's. I have never been to a Macy's Store but would love to just go and look in one. I don't even think there is one around here in our area. I think I may want to come eat Thanksgiving Dinner with you now. LOL. Hey, you only live once, so you might as well enjoy it while you can. Sure hope the blood work test turn out okay. Hubby has to take Cholesterol pills everyday himself. Take care my friend and "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to you and yours.

    Love and hugs my friend,

    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! your answers are really funny. and I love that "last meal before getting executed" answer.. :)

    thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe...yeah, it's interesting how easy some people are to piss off. I like trying to guess which ones are going to throw a hissy fit when they don't get their way. Ah, retail...it's a love-hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband is turning into an old geezer too.

    Glad you came back. Sure wish I could rescue all of the doggies out there. Guess I'll just rescue what I've got. Did you hear what Barbara Bush told Larry King? too funny.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It airs on Larry King tomorrow. He asks her if about the Queen of Alaska.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/20/barbara-bush-to-palin-stay-in-alaska/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to laugh at your answer to the first thing you notice about people. So true!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How "young at heart" do we need to be? Good to have you back. Thanks for playing...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your shoes~ Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha BIOLOGY TEACHER? does he have eye glasses? aren't they sort of geeks? eheheh

    ReplyDelete
  19. really funny answers! so cute! :)

    thanks for dropping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reading an article about a fellow being deployed to Afghanistan and no one to take care of his fur baby here at home, in the states!

    that's too sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great answers as always and loving the Christms template... holidays are coming!

    ReplyDelete

.