my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...water, water everywhere!!

and
click on Sunday Stealing button to join


SUNDAY STEALING:
[this week, questions from last week's participants]


1. :::sniff, sniff::: Is the dog in the house? I actually think Bud fed it beans last night from the leftover chili!! Ewwwwwwwwww!!! And what's really odd, we have no dogs!! Is that YOU?

2. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received? Take it one day at a time...from my mom.

3. What's the worst experience you've ever had involving alcohol? Ummmmmmm, calling Ralph early in the morning...."Ral=l=l=ph"...and hangin' over the john.

4. What's the worst thing you've ever done to another person? Lied. I guess.

5. Who do you think started the concept of memes? The same dude that invented the memeography!!

6. Give a song title or line that describes how you are feeling right now. Since I'm ready for beddy-bye...it'd be "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".

7. What's your favorite search engine? Yahoo!, Google, Ask, Bing? or something else? Google!! By far.

8. If Paul is the Cute One and John is the Smart One and George is the Quiet One and Ringo is the Funny One, which Beatle are you? George...hehehehehe

9. The democratic government decides that, not only do we have to share our money with people who choose not to work, we also have to share our children with those who do not want to ruin their bodies with being pregnant. Which child do you give up? Over my dead body!!!

10. When should you procrastinate - now or later? I'll think about that tomorrow...afterall, tomorrow's another day. Hmmmmm, that line sounds familiar.

11. What is your favorite fast food? Well, it most definitely isn't Five Guy Burgers....we went there yesterday for the first time....Jack in the Box is BETTER!!! I love the Sourdough Jack.

12. What was your favourite game as a child? Jump Rope Competitions.

13. Why [do] terrible twos have to be terrible. Dunno...that, if you're wondering the AGE two...that was over 35 years ago for me.

14. Describe your favorite family member. Handsome...love his smiling and dimples that never faded away with age.

15. What does your favorite breakfast consist of? Anything out...I don't like to cook breakfasts. If we stay home, it's usually just juice and a cigarette.

16. What food is better the day after it was made? Lasagna!!!

17. What was your last big purchase? In size or price?

18. When was the last time you kissed someone and really enjoyed it? Each and every day.

19. Why are there memes? To fill in one's blog page.

20. Described yourself using two words that rhyme. (i.e. fuddy-duddy) Happy Lappy....[I got a gut on me that lappy's over and I'm happy with it]

21. If you were given the option of a "do-over" in life .. would you take it? Probably not, but ask me sometime again when I'm having a bad day.

22. What movie makes (or has made) you cry? What touched you about it? Radio...with Cuba Gooding Jr. He was mentally retarded...a sweet movie

23. What is one big mistake that you did in your life? And what did you do to make it right? I don't think I made one....none intentional...I'm pretty conscientious of what I do.

24. When Life Gives You Lemons, What Do You Do With Them? There is a lemon law...so I'd trade it in.

25. How different are you in real life as compared to the online identity you have created for yourself? Not much....if I blog, what you read is me.

26. Do you know what your parents would have named you if you had been born the opposite sex? Sure Do!!! Douglas Dean. Thank gawd I turned into an Anni. I would hate being a Douglas.



- - -<><><>- - -



SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

Let's see....summarizing the past week today on Sunday....hmmmm. What all happened around here y'wonder. Well, I made a small batch of Krusteaz Fat Free Brownies from a mix [I added whole pecans!!]. I make 'em, really, for Bud 'cause he's the type that can eat and eat to his heart's content and not gain an ounce. Me on the other hand....well, let's just say I eat only one small piece. The rest are his! And I think he really likes that concept! LOL Our local -the closest to our home that is- Blockbuster Video store was closing its doors and had a good sale on previewed movies 'cause they didn't want to go to all the trouble of packing 'em and shipping them all across town...so, we bought 5 movies...The Maiden Heist. Julie and Julia. The Ministers [crime drama]. The Perfect Getaway. And, The Quantam of Solace. During the stormy weather we've watched three of the five so far. The Maiden Heist is pretty good...very funny!!! And the artwork [originally painted for the movie only!] was superb. It's well worth watching if you like to laugh. The Perfect Getaway was slow to begin, in fact, it was so slow, I fast-forwarded through the first half hour. LOL....but it got better near the end. I think I had it figured out who the 'murderers' were from the beginning 'cause it just wasn't 'clicking' being that the first couple was on their honeymoon...well, you just have to watch it if you like murder mysteries. Then, Thursday, while eating our dinner, we sat at the TV trays and watched Julie and Julia. This was outstanding!!! A great feel good movie, and Meryl Streep, once again, played her best!! She was great as Julia Child!! Loved it, and of course I want to now go find her cookbook. We went to the used bookstore we frequent and I did some searching...didn't find the cook book, but I did find a paperback of Ms. Child's that I really look forward to reading...if it's anything like the movie was, it will be full of wit and her typical charm. LOL I completed, and showed, my afghan project. I continued to work on my Halloween Witch -which I'll show really soon in a week or two. But, concluding, most of the week, we stayed home and watched it RAIN! Even after the Tropical Storm Hermine passed over us...we continued to get heavy rains for two days afterward from the remnants of the outer bands of the system...two photos of the beaches the day of Hermine making landfall in Old Mexico. From Packery Channel---




Normally, the water isn't so choppy and clear icy blue...but the day of Hermine, the sludge and sand was making the water and waves a good chocolaty brown!!! And the 2nd photo with the seagulls...this is on a normal day with no storms overhead...just sandy beaches ---but the high tides and winds brought the sea inland much farther!!




...days after landfall, the rains continued. Standing water everywhere:





Friday and Saturday, tho still quite humid and warm, at least the skies cleared and blue showed. :o)

26 comments :

  1. The same dude that invented memography's LOL And I'm so with you on the Sourdough Jacks. :) But the Jumbo Jack is still my favorite. Boy that sure is a lot of water I tell you and those rough seas look awesome. I can't wait to see the Halloween witch :) Boy it's coming up fast. Have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, most definitely. guy mistakes must be done away with! LOL!

    loved your answer to #2. it's actually what i follow in life.☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said that tomorrow's another day sounded familiar I thought of die another day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your weekly summery and the meme, too.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Anni
    Very interesting questions and answers...

    Let's hope the remainder of hurrican season is a non event....Hermine was just a tropical storm and look at all the water...
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lordy Annie you keep in stitches!! You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your Sunday Stealing, the only response that seems appropriate is, "Wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh, wemoweh ..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy reading your answers. Happy Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I haven't seen Julia yet. I do a great Julia Child btw. And yes, people do feed stuff to dogs (ahem...my children) and it does give them gas.


    Have a great rest of your weekend.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/when-life-gives-you-lemons-what-do-you-do-with-them/
    Monday Mayhem is back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Annie. I decided to start bloggin again once a week and check in with everyone. I sure thought about you when Hermine was down that way. Glad to know you are okay. We got some showers from Hermine last week and on Thursday night even had Tornado Warnings for us. They sounded the sirens here and we headed out to the School to the Storm Shelter and as we were going out there, hubby and the girls did see the tornado in a field and seen it rotating. It didn't touch down, but it was scary tho. I made a post today and have decided to give it a try on Sunday's to see how things work. Hope you have a great Sunday and take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, totally agree. Lasagna is the best day after food ever! I hear you on the hangover...I did it once, and have been very good about not ever doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so green and fresh after a rain doesn't it? I love your beach photos. I didn't do the Sunday Stealin' today, not enough creative energy. I can just tell that #9 was written by a conservative Republican ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The water in the Atlantic is usually brown and choppy on the Jersey shore. Great pics. Loved the breakfast answer in the meme. Usually I have diet coke and a cig to start my day (I'm trying to change that, but dang! it's hard) Thanks for visiting my little bloggy blog. Really enjoyed my little stay here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I beg your pardon, it was not ME who tooted!!! hehe And YOU quiet?? lolololololol I somehow doubt that! lol Thanks for the giggle with your Sunday Stealing answers:-)

    One of our local video stores also just went out of business and I bought quite a few videos at 75% off. Now I have a whole bunch of movies to watch and barely any time to do so! lol Saving them for the Winter months:-)

    No doubt you were quite happy to see the rain. Amazing the difference a storm makes to how a beach looks like! It's been sunny over here with temps in the high 60's so very pleasant. Autumn seems to have arrived in my little corner of the world although the leaves haven't started changing yet and I still have flowers blooming everywhere! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yuckkkk, that squid sure is an ugly looking thing. The worst part is that my mind thinks like yours!!! LOL Loved the squid jokes, never would have thought there was even squid jokes around! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I saw that Cuba Gooding Jr. movie as well, made me cry, too. Why did I forget about jump ropes - I used to be really good at it tee-hee-hee.


    My Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lemon law thing was laugh-out-loud funny! Bud's right, you are a hoot! Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  18. we also dont have any dogs but I think we should have one to guard our house since robberies are going around these days here in our subdvision sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed your Stealing answers, Anni....glad you turned out to be Anni, too. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sludge looks awful. Hope you didn't have any water damage.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had a rainy weekend here too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ewww. The squid is the size of a baby. Yeah, kind of obscene.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good answers. I know Ralph too, though thankfully it's been a good while since I last called him. You're right about Anni being a way better name than Douglas (Hootin' Douglas just doesn't have the same ring to it). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Somehow I'm not picturing you as 'the quiet one.' ;)
    Have fun making a halloween witch - Halloween is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

.