“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






remember the warning from your mom-when you find something>>




My six words...


"....YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE IT'S BEEN"

- - -<><><>- - -

CAMERA CRITTERS

...especially in this case!!




SQUID
washed ashore on beach
with tentacles - the size
would measure about a 1 1/2 feet or a little over... [18" to 20"]

kinda 'obscene-looking' if
you ask me; of course
that's just the way I am LOL








- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES
Link to co-host, Gattina's Writer's Cramps, is found by clicking in Shakira's Weekend Funnies button above...




I found copyrighted Squid Jokes HERE



* NOTE:
COMIC STRIP USED WITH PERMISSION according to this written agreement . In part:

Use by a private individual, not for commercial gain, at one URL for a period of up to 1 year, where that URL is part of a blog, a personal page on a social networking website or a posting on a web forum. A blog is defined as a regularly updated weblog, updated at least weekly and presented in a "diary" format sorted by date. It may be hosted on the user's own web server, or through a third party blogging service such as Blogger.com.
CREDIT REQUIRED: YES
LICENSE FEE: XXXX [NONE]

Copyright in this image is owned by the original artist, rights to reproduce or use the image may be obtained from www.CartoonStock.com.





...and P S...yesterday, with many times wondering if I even should post my thoughts on the subject I posted, or should I not post, I'm happy to have received several emails and a few comments on my other Friday entry regarding the Sept. 11th upcoming event that triggers so many mixed and angered flair-ups in my soul! I'm glad to know there are others out there that feel the same!!!

24 comments :

  1. ROFLMAO!!! Obscene is a good word to describe it LOL It looks like a whale lost its...oh well I'll leave it at that ROFLMAO!!! I LOVED your rant yesterday. It was right on the money. And I have to say it is all about religion which I don't understand at all. I never ever will. Enough said. Great weekend funnies my friend. Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squids are our family's food of endearment. When Mum was pregnant for the 6th time, her craving was BBQ squids. and I was number 4, and I was at home to enjoy this delicious but stinky food.

    I managed to upload Emily's song.

    http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2010/09/thursday-theme-song-moms-best_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again!

    My 64U:
    So agree: angered flair-ups in my soul too (oops = 8!)

    LOLA:)

    ”A Girl Needs to be Classy and Fabulous”

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Ok thats uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly sucker there rofl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ucky! but did get a smile out of the joke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anni.. EW!! I have to admit, upon first glance, I did not THINK that was a squid!.. And I'll just keep to myself what I THOUGHT it really WAS!!.. But thank you just the same for my first LOL/laugh-out-loud for the day! LOVED the Squid Row comic!!!.. Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom's advice is usually worth heeding!

    6WS: Calling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magical Especially in THIS case!!! rofl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ewwww...squid really are kind of gross.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard any more...is that Florida pastor staying with the decision to cancel the burning of the koran? I heard yesterday he was considering going back to the original plan. I'm with you, I blame the media. It would have been wrong no matter what if he did it, but unreported it may have offended a few locally. What the media did to the story turned it into a matter of international importance. What an ego boost for that pastor, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too funny...but how cool is that picture...it gives me the creeps a little, but is still fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Don't put that in your mouth...ya never know where it's been!" Yup...I remember mom saying that to me.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one ugly squid!
    I was going to comment yesterday too, and tell you good post! I agree too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squid are quite odd looking and I can imagine why sailors of old turned them into monsters.

    I too read your rant from yesterday and agreed. I find it sorrowful that such self-righteous people continue to gain so much press and propagate their hate.

    And Christians vilifying all Muslims as terrorists really gets my goat. Do you not recall Abraham's conversation with God regarding Sodom and Gomorrah?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nessa "propagate hate"....that is such a good usage, I wish I'd thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can find all manner of strange things when walking on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Saturday Anni and Family.
    Mr Squid is well Mr. Squid...not much to be said abou him. I do love walking on the beach looking for shells and what not.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. We must be the same age. My mother always said the same six words. LOL
    And, as I just mentioned to someone else, people who aren't talking about September 11 are still thinking about it.
    Kay
    Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  19. strange post... the title/link you left on the cc site was enough for me to skip the order and see what this was all about! You supplied me with my morning laugh - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Squid Row bit! That one cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I prefer the cartoon, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  22. The squid does look yucky. They're good fried though, with some chili sauce. Mmm...

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are way to funny, lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. i loved your 6 word Sat post !! gives you a lot of ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

.