my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



...goodbye Big Puma!!





1. Was your dad named after anyone? Ya, somebody in history with the title "The Great".

2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married? Well, 'age' has nothing to do with marriage...it's more 'maturity'. I've seen some that are more mature at teenage years than some 30 year-olds.

3. What’s the longest time that you‘ve been involved with the same person? Over 60 years....myself!

4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment? Leo. Johnny. Oh...so many.

5. What is you favorite album by a band? Oldies but goodies like GnR, Aerosmith...the new ones don't faze me one bit.

6. What is your favorite album by an individual artist? Too hard to name any album...I guess it's Rod Stewart's "It Had to Be You".

7. What is something that you‘d rather be a bit dirty? Dirty? As in demeanor or soiled as in DIRT? There's pay-dirt, there's dirty laundry, there's dirty stories/jokes. I think I'll go with dirty jokes. I like 'em.

8. What was the last TV show that you watched? Not a 'show' per sé ---FSN's Houston Astro's game.

9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they? Let's see, Melli from Insanity Prevails, Amber Star, Barb, ...at the time I met these each at individual times, none of us were bloggers tho...oh heck, several.

10. What's your philosophy on life? To stay alive 'til the end. What kinda question is that?!!

11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed? Ha...I'm always ranting about the over use of drugs and prescriptions!!! That's all the dr.s can think of these days, instead of actually working out a healthy routine...they'd rather pump drugs into us and make them look good!

12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I'll never tell!!

13. What is your favorite memory in the last year? I can't remember last week, even.

14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? F-O-O-D!

15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: I roar...I am woman!!

16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky) - what are they? Be thinner, be richer, be younger. In other words, sh!t in one hand and wish in the other....see which fills up faster.

17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake? Well, with Chocolate it'd have to be....ummmmm, Denzel...and with Vanilla it'd have to be Joh----OH wait, I see what you mean now, and actual CAKE?!!! Okay, scratch my answer. Move on.

18. Which country is your spiritual home? Need you ask. I live in my own little world, so it'd be MY OWN.

19. What is your big weakness? See #14.

20. Do you think Judd Corizan is a good person? Ummmmm, who?

21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? English [Grammar AND Lit!] Then math and science. I excelled in all three.

22. Describe your accent: Mid-western....no, actually, MINE...my accent.

23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? Probably. Would you? Of course. It's only human to want something you don't have.

24. What do you wear to sleep? Stuff.

25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear? Shorts & T shirt

26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol? Ya.

27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!) Let me ask first....are the twins involved?

28. Rate the memes that you play generally. Use any scale or just in order. I look forward to Watery Wednesday. Naturally. I live so close to water...it's everywhere I look!




- - -<><><>- - -

For us Houston Astros' followers, we're going to have to get used to the idea that our 'regular' first baseman is now playing for the American League. It will not be the same not having him standing on first base when the team is on the field. His last days playing for the Astros, he went out in a grand way tho...a grand slam! Yes, he has been in a rut for the last few months, and yes, he did have a 'no trade' clause in his contract...but asked for the clause to be waived. His words were "if it'll better the team, I'm willing to be traded". Okay...all well and good. At least the interview came across as very diplomatic of him. But, I still can't help thinking in the back of my mind that since the new manager came in for the season, the old players that have played for the Houston team their entire career, just didn't like the new layout of the manager, the way things were headed. I do have to agree tho, that a team with players in a rut and ones that haven't showed their best for such a long time need to be traded and young blood with more enthusiasm for the game and the team perhaps can begin to prosper. This season, the Astros have been near the bottom of the standings for the league's division. That tells us fans, along with the owners and franchise, things should be changed. Okay, enough home plate umpiring from me....Lance Berkman is now a Yankee Designated Hitter. Rumor has it he'll continue to wear his number...number 17. I understand that once in a while he'll also take Teixeira's position when Girardi decides to give Mark a day off. I've always watched the Yankees' games as often as television in Texas allows. It IS my favorite American League team. And besides, one of my favorite pitchers [another who grew up in Texas and former Astro, Andy Pettitte] will be his cohort and teammate. We fans also lost another 'star' pitcher...Roy Oswalt, last week. I won't really miss him as much as Berkman. Ya, he was good when he was good....but lately, he too has been not even close to par in his winning ways. I think, too, he was discontented with the new manager....you see, my way of thinking, there musta been a lot of disagreements lately...all of a sudden the veteran players ask to be traded?! Oftentimes, it's never given to us straight...always being politically correct and quite artful within the verbal and written interviews we hear and read...but, hey...when it comes about in such a short time after some new guy comes in and manages the team....what else could we think?

- - -

Lance Berkman was lovingly nicknamed "The Puma" by his devout fans. The photo used here was borrowed from online Google Image Search...no infringement intended.






POSTED: Sunday, August 1st, 2010
6 A.M.

22 comments :

  1. Haha your very funny Ms. Anni. I like reading the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amaze me that you can keep coming up with this wild answers every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna steal #15. Great. Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOL LOL...Thank you so much for a big laugh today - I loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers, Anni.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's with half of those questions?
    Cubs are stating to trade people off...typical for this time of the season.

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/what-do-you-wear-to-sleep/

    ReplyDelete
  7. same here its always food, oops im guilty i am getting bigger and bigger wahhh thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not happy about this. We're Houstonians and Lance was my favorite Astro. As for Roy, I loved him, too (I'm a native Mississippian) and hope he goes somewhere where the players will hit for him. He pitched wonderful games, but if the batters don't contribute, it's all for nothing. I do wish both players all the best, but will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had fun visiting and reading your Stealing Answers. Sorry about the Big Puma going to the Evil empire.

    Stop by sometime when you get the chance.

    http://debwebb.wordpress.com

    Debster

    ReplyDelete
  10. Imma miss Berkman =( Go stros

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with your answer to the second question..it totally depends on how mature a person is to handle a married life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved #17! I agree, food is a great guilty pleasure. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Stuf" was a perfect response. In fact you really nailed a rather stupid meme! Enjoy your Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good answers. Especially liked your odd/interesting fact. That's a good philosophy of life too. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate the end of July because I get way to attached to my ballplayers (Cubs) and I always have to say goodbye to someone. This year it was Ted Lilly and Ryan Theriot. I'm in a funk about it.

    I love that you admitted you liked the classes you excelled at.

    ReplyDelete
  16. for me, food causes guilt, but it's a sweet guilt,lol..thanks for dropping by at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love #3, great answer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your answer to #10 - I almost spit my drink on the laptop and no one would have wanted that!

    I also wanted to say thanks for stopping by Duct Tape Starbucks and Prozac - I hope to see you around again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late for this week's SS but here I'm catching up... hope you are enjoying your Sunday.


    My Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your SS! Gave me a good giggle! I'm totally with you on the bands,I almost feel sorry for people who grew up in the 90s-00s-they have NOTHING to brag about as in guitar heroes,unforgettable albums..no bragging rights at all.Pity!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great post.

    ReplyDelete

.