my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



...be still my heart!





click button to join

A ship's lantern...rusted.
It's hanging on a fencepost
with swagged ship line
in Our Backyard
There are TWO matching
The other, is on the opposite side of the yard with ship line between all other posts







- - -<><><>- - -




Be still my heart...Literally!

Just last week, we had to go to Wal Mart for something and it was close to the lunch hour, so we decided to just walk from the parking lot after our shopping, to the close-by Fuddrucker's Burgers. The place was packed! A line was outside the door. Both of us really wanted a Buffalo Burger...it's not at all like a beef burger,---low in cholesterol and the good fat. LOL [that's our way of thinking anyway]. After we saw the line that came out the door, we weren't sure we wanted to wait. But the thought of a more 'healthy' burger made us get in line with all the rest. Once Bud and I got inside the door, we realized why the crowd. It was Wednesday, and that is the day the franchise in town sells their burgers for $3.00! Now it's just the burger and bun you're getting for that price. Fries and drink are extra, of course. All this made the two of us change our minds as to what we ordered. LOL Instead of the $7.75 buffalo burger [fries not included], we ordered their 1/3 pound beef burgers...that was only $6.00 for TWO burgers instead of a little over $16 [when tax added] for two buffalo burgers. Economics spoke to us loud and clear. I love the buffalo burgers. Never got the nerve to try their ostrich burgers tho. Maybe someday. And their fries....oh, to die for. Seasoned so well, and huge steak fries instead of the measly fast food fries you'd get at the chain franchises like McDonalds, or Wendy's, or Jack in the Box. Yum. And then to top it all off they have this veggie bar where you can add all the fixin's to your burger...tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onions, hot sauce, pico de gallo, hot peppers, etc. etc. etc. Gotta love that 'cause I can get myself tons of veggies that way instead of the one slice [if I'm lucky] at any other burger joint! And the quality of their burgers is like any five star restaurant...high meat content with no fat and grease. Three dollars for a grade A burger....can't beat that with a stick now, can you? But, all in all ---it's still not good health for the heart and blood.



Recently around our town, I've noticed a lot of 'food wars' going on. Lots of good sale prices on prepared foods, and even in the grocery stores...the marked down prices are making me quite pleased. I hope it continues, instead of all these big CEOs wanting to gouge our pocket and purses just to make them have more profits and fill their personal checking accounts with another 15% raise. It's all well and good right now for the consumer, and if all continues to go like this, the economy will work itself out. At least in my household. hehehehehe


FUDDRUCKER'S Nutrition Facts




POSTED: Monday, August 2nd, 2010
12:15 A.M.

34 comments :

  1. Well we don't have a Fuddruckers here in Australia...that I know of anyways. Fuddruckers sounds a little rude. We have the fast food chains, as you do over there but nothing like that. Now theres an idea for a business, I like the concept. We call those big fat chips wedges over here, they're deliciosa, especially with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce... but they're also a little naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout and the ships lantern is awesome. :) Love it. Boy now I'm hungry. Food looks soooo good. Thanks so much HA for your wonderful email. I so appreciated it. Have a wonderful Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Fuddruckers in years. the food was good but I didn't like the prices. May have to rethink and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine LOL on your section of comment about Fuddrucker's sounding "rude". My thoughts exactly. [wink]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my post and I do like lanterns a lot so it was nice to see your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lantern!
    We don't have Fudruckers near us, but it sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like yr lantern - loads of character. And where has it been with it's partner lantern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni
    Thanks for popping into my blog.! Love your latern!
    But what i have really enjoyed what some insite into your life in the states!!!
    Fuddruckers Bugers!! I mean who comes up with these names!! We could so take the piss out of that here with the recent dismissal of K Rudd our primeminister!!!
    And the food!! There is so much of it!!!Those wedges look so totally yummy!!!!!
    I really want to come to your average america to take a look around... it would be so awe-inspiring!!! I am so going to follow your blog now..... love the insite into your life!!! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice lantern shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such an unique lantern! the food is so yummy, and I love those potato wedges. Prefer them than the french fry.

    For you info, the peanuts are not salted at all. Only for fried peanuts, I like to add salt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the lantern! We don't have a W in NYC - it is not a socially
    acceptable chain, as I understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess we'll have to give Fuddrucker's in McAllen another try. All I ever would get there was the fishburger and last time... well, it just tasted too fishy. We'll check out the buffalo burger at some point. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Have a great week!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that looks good. You know, you could have bought the bison burger in WalMart and made your own. It IS better for you. Tastes great too, doesn't it? Sort of lighter or cleaner or something. Your lantern is beautiful. Oh and BTW I'm having a much better time with your blog setup today - it wasn't behaving nicely the last few days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lantern! Mmm Fudrucker's. I used to love going there for lunch when I lived in Dallas. They do have the best burgers..ahem..I mean best healthy burgers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that lantern...bet it looks so good hanging in your yard.
    To eat healthy is expensive...My hubs n I try to stay away from fast food. I did not know that Fuddruckers has such an array of options besides the usual burger. We dont have one here in our little town..but there is one in the next town over. I may just give this place a try. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Annie Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh, I so love the lantern. How great is that for decoration for the yard. Heck I think it might even be cute inside with a candle in it. I love it Annie. What a wonderful find. Inquiring minds want to know? Where did you get the lanterns?

    Fuddrucker's girl what are you trying to do to me? Now you have me wanting Fuddruckers and it is only 6 in the morning. They don't open until 11am. I have 5 hours till lunch and all I will be thinking about is their darn fries. Gotta lovem. I knew I had been missing something all these 3 months of being shut inside. I'll let you know later what I have for lunch.

    Thank you for sharing this morning. I love the new header. You know me and the fairies. I love their little wings and faces.

    Hope you and Bud have a wonderful day all planned out. Can't wait to see what you do today. Love ya sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! We tpp have a lantern very similar to yours! Good taste eh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. always nice to find use for things in other places than they are ment for

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love it there! I am pretty clever, I take the kids there and read while they play.. its wonderful! LOL It is my "mommy time out".

    ReplyDelete
  20. You composed that old rusted lantern beautifully. I really like how it hangs at a slant in the photo. How attractive it is, both, in your photo and in reality on your fence. Beautiful! ... and, that plate of food looks yummy! We have that restaurant at one of our local malls...now you have given me insane ideas! :0

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Anni, I am afraid I am in great struggle with what is good for me and what isn't now. I have always been able to eat whatever I want, but age must be catching up with me, and I find this is not quite the case anymore! I am now 47, and reality is hollering "Whoa there, honey, what do you think you're doing with all that chip and dip?!!".. "Maybe LIGHT beer is a better idea!" (WAAAAH!).. Well, I guess I was lucky while it lasted, right? But that Fuddrucker's meal looks really GOOD!! I could polish that plate off easy! (Boy, is it going to be hard to change my ways!).. Oh, and by the way, I loved your ship's lantern!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your ship's lantern is a real treasure Anni. I'm halfway remembering that you're a nautical family--Bud and a son? That burger and sides has me seriously thinking lunch--and not the cottage cheese and tomato that I'll have! I think I sampled ostrich many years ago at the state fair--very "meaty".

    ReplyDelete
  23. your macro shot is interesting and the meal makes me feel hungry;-) happy monday and thanks for your visit

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your lantern macro! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love antique articles. The lantern is really neat. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow it sure is bright over here today - love your new colours and layout and the beautiful little flower fairy image along with that great lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful shot of the lantern! Yes, Venus Flytrap it is!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that rusty old lamp. Nice shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like that lantern that will be pretty in my garden. Food wars..nice we have too many choices. Thanks for the visit and happy Monday!

    Waterdrop

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni, I love the ship's lanterns. Great nautical theme.

    The buffalo burger looks delicious. I also like buffalo meat and there is a farm near here that sells steaks, burgers...any cut of meat you want. We must go and pick some up. It's been a while since we've bought any.

    Food prices are HIGH here, even in the discounted grocery stores. I wish we could have a food war. So many discount stores, but prices are really high. We did get a real bargain on meat last week at a little butcher shop, which was great.

    Take care, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary at the Nook

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, that is one sinful meal ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  32. Enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've got an old lantern in my garden and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

.