my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Just gimme a slobbery lick...and I'm yours!




MY SIX WORDS TODAY:

What's up with all the 3-D?!!

The most recent 'upcoming movie' for the summer is CATS AND DOGS in 3D. I thought I'd talk about the influx of the dimensional movies, and dogs today. Seems anymore when I turn around, a new animated [or combination live/animated] movie comes out and it's always in "3-D"!!! And, personally, I don't see any improvement in the content of the flicks with the special effects. For me, the movie should be entertaining. It's the writing, the script, that counts. For months a while ago, the Hollywood writers went on strike. Wanting more money of course, for their work. Only to return to their jobs and the writing is far worse than it was BEFORE the strike. Who cares if a finger comes 'out of the screen' pointing to you, or a snowflake falls on the audience...it certainly doesn't improve on the entertainment value. And there is a new phenomenon now for 3-D television. That's one big whoopty-do too. I could care less...what I would look forward to seeing is improvement on viewing something worth while...a story. I'm all for special effects if it's not overly done. But I'm really, secretly, hoping that the majority of people tire of it all and we can get back to being inspired by interest; enthralled with content instead of dimension. I read where more than twenty movies of the 3rd dimension, alone, are planned to be released this year. I'm hoping that the extra charge and cost of the movie-going audience will NOT go. And Hollywood will learn a lesson to all this nonsensical fad...no wonder they're losing money. They're pricing themselves out of business. Read more of what long-time movie critic, Roger Ebert, has to say about this 3-D stampede. And I can't help but wonder if wearing the special glasses is not presenting a eye health risk in some way...



- - -<><><>- - -

CAMERA CRITTERS and WEEKEND FUNNIES


And since the rest of my blog today is heavy with animation, I thought I'd just combine 'Camera Critters' and Weekend Funnies [since this letter to God is so cute and humorous] all into one...



Dear God: Is it on purpose our names are the same, only reversed?


Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?


Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?


Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?


Dear God: If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?


Dear God: We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand? ...More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.


Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

And...

Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things that I remember to be in good graces with you:

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

Oh, and P.S. ---

Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?



Signed....I'm being good
DOG




POSTED: Saturday, July 31st, 2010
around midnight
ALL doggie ANIMATIONS AND PHOTO IMAGES I COPIED FROM AN EMAIL sent to me and uploaded them to Photobucket accounts. They are not mine, and I'm not intentionally infringing on any of them that may be copyrighted.


37 comments :

  1. I totally agree with you concerning 3d movies my friend. I love the dear God dog animations, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched a 3D demo at Best Buy and it was amazing. But...you have to wear the special 3D glasses otherwise the TV screen is impossible to watch with all the flickering. And, of course, the 3D glasses are expensive. As I watched the 3D screen I wondered if one could get sick watching it for a long time. And who wants to wear extra glasses all the time too. I already wear one pair. You wouldn't be able to be fixing dinner in the kitchen and watch 3D TV at the same time. I agree with you if there isn't good character and story content then the special affects aren't going to make any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about 3d movies and TV. The doggy article was hilarious. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 64U: 3-D is another of Hollywood's gimmicks.

    SWS: 10 Days Away

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful post! But then I've come to expect nothing less from you, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again!

    There's no 6WS link but I thought I'd pay you a visit as I usually do!

    Love all the images above!

    LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never even consider going to a 3-D movie (well, I don't go to movies, but 3D would definitely not be on my list of things to see!). I would probably be one of those who gets nauseated and a headache!

    I love love love the doggie prayers. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Anni, I love that 'Dog' letter. It's more true that we might admit.

    You are right about the 3-D hoopla overriding the importance of a well written story.
    I suppose there will soon be Oscars for '3-D effects.' They have them now for 'annimation.'

    Happy 6WS! :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - those dogs and questions are so cute!
    I like 3D movies occasionally, but I agree that the writing is most important. If that's no good, nothing will save it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, very cute. This is just how a dog would think. Surely there's a sofa for them in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha.ha.ha. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Beagle in there, as we have two! =) They are our "kids." =0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post Anni, I enjoyed this start out to my day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep I did laugh... lots. Btw my Harry lab is intact in the ball department;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are sooooo righ concerning today's movie quality ! It's just bang bang and lots of blood. You see one you have seen them all. It's real sad. I don't care about this 3 D either.

    I laughed so much about your camera critters and weekend funnies ! that's soooo D O G, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep mine has done all of them and is downstairs now sulking as no walkies on offer my 6WS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree that movies need great writing, great script, great actors! It's hard nowadays to find a great movie! Enjoyed the dog posts and pics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning, Anni...Is it hot where you are? I'm ready for Autumn..it is my favorite month for a number of reasons and cooler weather is at the top of the list after football.
    I was wondering if your theater offers the 3D movies without 3D...we try to watch that one because it is cheaper...
    Loved the doggy story.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love 3-D but they have gone all hog wild with it, haven't they?! It's so expensive too so we just keep our old 3-D glasses and pay for a movie that's at the same time our 3-D movie is to start. hee hee!

    Happy SWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was wondering the same with 3-D...so many movies seem to be coming out in 3D right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not crazy about the 3-D movies either! They are making the next Narnia in 3-D--I'm hoping we find a theater without that special effect!
    Thanks for stopping by Of Such is the Kingdom's big blog party! I hope you'll come back!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. My 6 for you..." Have a great 3-D REAL day!"

    Happy SWS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow... awesome animation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Anni
    I can only agree with you about the 3D film versions- soon we wlll proberbly see people at the movies with 3D glasses, and Ear- plugs stiking out just for the "fun" of hearing dobble quadrophony - and after the end of the films they will walk out with nausia and pain in the ears---excuse me, but what became of the delight of seing a film and hear the sound quiet and normally?-
    I know, I know- for some, it is THE THING. but if I want to see something 3D I'll much rather go to the theater- but then again--"to each his own" :-)
    The DOG thingie was just so "formidable" and funny, and everything is so 'doggy', if that is a word to use"G"
    really really funny and sweet
    Thank you for sharing, sweet friend---writing to you soon,
    Love Mutti.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I completely agree. Great post! I think placing 3D on movies is just a money making ploy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am totally on the same page as you regarding 3D movies. Overrated and overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very funny post. Now I know why Harry growls at the garbage collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yeah I've been wondering what's up with all the 3D myself. Cute pics. Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for making me laugh today. I needed to...These doggie tidbits are so true! Oh, I agree about the 3D craze...it's too much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is so funny. love all the little dogies talking and moving. i don't like 3 d i can't tell that it's any good except to pay more to see a 3 d.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your blog comes up great today. I totally agree about 3D glasses - it's just another thing they have come up with to pay for - some day it will be a $100 to go to the movies.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi
    love the yellow look

    not much to say check out my 6 words for why

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the animations and doggy prayers, they're great. As for 3D, I seem to be in the minority among your viewers as I love it. Everything around you is in 3D not 2D so why shouldn't films and TV. The technology has already been created to produce 3D viewing without the need for glasses. Its the logical step forward. Think back to all the detractors who said television would never catch on and people should stick to the wireless. Technology moves forward and we need to move with it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. DOG knows what to say ;-)

    ReplyDelete

.