my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



he loves me, he loves me not...he loves me!




Click button to join

More magenta color instead of ruby,
but this is as close as I can find in my
photo album today. A daisy! This particular flower is found
just under our Bird of Paradise plant
in the flower bed near the back yard fence...







- - -

In many languages the 'game' He loves me, he loves me not is spoken...

* Bulgarian: "Обича ме... не ме обича" [Obicha me... ne me obicha] (translates to "loves me... doesn't love me")

* Catalan: "M'estima... no m'estima" (translates to "he/she loves me... doesn't love me")

* Danish: "Han/hun elsker mig... han/hun elsker mig ikke" (translates to "he/she loves me... he/she doesn't love me")

* Dutch: "Hij/zij houdt van me, hij/zij houdt niet van me" (translates to "He/she loves me, he/she loves me not")

* Esperanto: "Li/Ŝi amas min... Li/Ŝi ne amas min" (translates to "He/She loves me...He/she loves me not)

* Estonia: "Armastab... ei armasta" (translates to "loves... doesn't love)

* Finnish: "Rakastaa...ei rakasta" (translates to "loves... doesn't love")

* French: "Il/Elle m'aime un peu, beaucoup, passionnément, à la folie, pas du tout" (translates to "He/She loves me a little, a lot, passionately, madly, not at all"). This makes the potential outcomes more numerous.

* German: "Er/sie liebt mich... Er/sie liebt mich nicht" (translates to "he/she loves me... he/she loves me not")

* Greek: "Μ’ αγαπά... δε μ’ αγαπά" (translates to "he/she loves me... he/she loves me not")

* Hungarian: "Szeret... nem szeret" (translates "to he/she loves me... doesn't love me")

* Italian: "M'ama... non m'ama" (translates "to he/she loves me... doesn't love me")

* Japanese: "好き。。。 " (すき。。。 きらい) (Suki... kirai) (translates to "like... hate")

* Latvian: "Mīl... nemīl" (translates to "Loves... doesn't love")

* Lithuanian: "Myli... nemyli" (translates to "Loves... doesn't love")

* Norwegian: "Elsker... elsker ikke" (translates to "Loves... doesn't love")

* Polish: "Kocha... nie kocha" (translates to "he/she loves me... he/she loves me not"). Alternatively: "Kocha... lubi... szanuje... nie chce... nie dba... żartuje... w myśli... w mowie... w sercu... na ślubnym kobiercu" (translates to "he/she loves me... he/she likes me... he/she respects me... he/she doesn't want me... he/she doesn't care... he/she makes fun of me... in her/his mind... in his/her speech... in his/her heart... at the wedding carpet")

* Portuguese: "Bem me quer... mal me quer" (translates to "he/she loves me... detests me"; "querer" means to want, but "querer bem" means to love)

* Korean: "나를 사랑... 날 사랑하지" (naleul sarang, nal saranghaji) (translates to "Loves me... Loves me not")

* Romanian: "Mă iubeşte....nu mă iubeşte" (translates "to he/she loves me... he/she loves me not")

* Russian: "Любит, не любит, плюнет, поцелует, к сердцу прижмет, к черту пошлет" (translates to "he/she loves me, loves me not, spits [at me], kisses [me], presses [me] to his/her heart, curses [me] (lit. "sends [me] to the devil")")

* Serbian: "Воли ме... не воли ме" (translates to "(he/she) loves me... loves me not")

* Spanish: "Me quiere... no me quiere", "Me ama... no me ama" (both translate to he/she loves me... doesn't love me)

* Swedish: "Älskar... älskar inte" (translates to "Loves... doesn't love")

* Turkish: "Seviyor... Sevmiyor" (translates to "he/she loves me... doesn't love me")

* Slovak: "Ľúbi ma..... neľúbi ma" (translates to "Loves me... loves me not")

* Chinese: "他/她爱(愛)我...他/她不爱(愛)我" (translates to "He/She loves me... He/She loves me not")

* Hebrew: "אוהב/ת...לא אוהב/ת" (translates to "Loves... doesn't love")


[languages and origin of French game "He Loves Me" found and borrowed from wikipedia a public domain site]


POSTED: Tuesday, July 20th, 2010
around midnight

21 comments :

  1. He loves you Ms. Anni, we have a Santan flower in our school in Phils you can see them everyday as hedges we like to pick the flowers and flick the petals by playing that games. Lovely photo of daisy, nice to put on a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many languages..... and you know, i have never played that game. ever. i wonder why.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember, as a child pulling away petals in the Daisy love game, I'd always half the last petal PRN to insure the right answer regarding my Prince Charming!

    Loved magenta-y Daisyland!
    SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my language, the one I was born with:
    "I love this and always will" What a great post. I came for the Rubiness and found that beautiful flower, then found an interesting language lesson. Great stuff!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice flower. I do not play the game, because I feel bad when I am not loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect capture for a Ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome Daisie, I love these a lot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love those undertows....what a surprise to see a flower under a flower.
    My Ruby Link for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful crystal and with the lightning behind something extra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie , you have such a unique and wonderful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan These kind words from you make me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love languages and I can speak a couple. none well if you ask people I know!!! The flower is just beautiful. I read threw all these. Lots of fun and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a sweet and romantic game. I love the picture you chose and the words in so many languages.

    Amazing how we all feel the same at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. About the size of a grapefruit? It sounds very heavy! You use it as a paperweight? lol I love seeing the blue light through it, very nice treasure. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh who new all that? Impressive. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow i don't think i could gather all these languages to put in a blog. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an awesome post. I love languages and games! Do you want the transliteration of the Russian one?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Anni- what a lovely blogging today,and enlightening--- Beautiful flower!!!
    You know I have never played that petal-game
    I knew"ggg"-

    Thanks for sharing...
    (Du er den bedste)
    "Je t'adore" :-)
    Mutti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantstic post, Anni! So much work but worth it for us readers... :)

    ReplyDelete

.