my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




rock paper scissors?....too bad, scissors...ROCK! I win.


click button to join


















Photos of one large piece of crystal with artificial lighting [the bottom photo: blue tinges are from the computer tower power light--to show you it's 'crystal clear', and top photo is with a the flash enabled and the light's being reflected off the surface...] the piece is about the size of a large grapefruit and very heavy






- - -<><><>- - -





This little piece of news is just getting too close for comfort. Of course the history of this area near the Texas and Mexican border has never been a 'friendly' sort. But if it happens here, it's more than likely to hit other border towns. My way of thinking...America should consider condemning property and taking about 5 to 10 miles of each bordering state; forget the border fences and high volume of patrolling by foot, helicopters, and infrared military instruments, and ATVs...just begin to dig a mile deep and several mile wide canal that will border the southern states that lie against the Mexico's border....like the Panama Canal. I realize it's just a dream that would never become a reality, but surely, that would deter a lot of closeness to our border towns and cities like San Diego and El Paso, and even Tucson! Car bombs now? Drug Cartels are moving much too close to America.
    EL PASO -- The car bombing in Juárez on Thursday in which three people were killed signifies an escalation of brutality and sophistication in the city's 2-year-old drug war, officials said. Juárez officials on Friday confirmed a car bomb with C-4 plastic explosives was detonated from a remote location. Local experts said the Juárez and Sinaloa drug cartels apparently have adopted terrorists' tactics that use suicide bombers and car bombs to kill foes or to make a point. "It certainly seems like they've taken a page out of the Middle East," said Richard Schwein, the former FBI special agent in charge of the El Paso office.
I know, I know they're found even as far north as Chicago...but this is just getting a bit too scary for peace of mind. It's looking a lot like the third world; suicide bombers. Will it come to this? Drug wars have nothing to do with the immigration laws either...it's unlawful no matter where you live; which country...it's purely insane all for the love of drugs, power, evil and greed. I live just over a few 100 miles from this happening... will it ever end? I don't think I'll see the end of it in my lifetime. This, no doubt, is only the beginning.

Photo courtesy of online news report.
Not infringement intended.
Quote in partial is posted ...read more here




POSTED: Monday, July 19th, 2010
12:25 A.M.


31 comments :

  1. Where did you get the stone. This stone brings me back to when I was a teen ager. My maternal grand dad went to the mountain and brought back a "diamond for us." It was as long as our palm. We were so proud.

    My cousin came, he was perhap 8 years ago, he grabbed it and threw it to the bush by the stream. We all looked for it, and couldn't find it. Now we are in our 50s, and we still remember the movement of him throwing it.

    Here about Mt Eden Volcano which i have left on my site.

    Mt Eden volcano at the summit is 196 metres above sea level. It is the highest natural point on the Auckland isthmus. The majestic bowl-like crater is 50 metres deep. The volcano erupted several times resulting in a series of craters, with the last eruption about 15,000 years ago.
    To go up, you can take the easy option by going by car or by bus.
    Or you can climb up a series of steps and walk up the track. I usually do this, but sorry I don't count the steps. The track can be quite steep at some places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann I found this in the desert around Tucson Arizona. Long long ago.

    Thanks for the info on climbing the volcano! I appreciated it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crystal and sad news. I don't think a canal will stop them. Our country is surrounded by oceans but we still have trouble protecting our borders and keeping out drugs and illegal immigrants. Getting rid of the source of drugs is what needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Crystal!
    I like your border idea. It really is scary to see this happening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great crystal shots. I must say I like your border idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the visit... 'till next sunday... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are as pessimistic as I am about politicians trying to manage the economy instead of the professionals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a BIG crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lumps of crystal. I had a green one for years, now I don't know what happened to it. I like your newsy comments and your new(?)
    template.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's one huge crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a cool photo of crystal. I agree with you about the borders and digging a canal..only put crocs n alligators n sharks in them. What is our country coming to. Its scary n at the same time..sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These crystal pictures are just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something is interested me, that is your crystal stone, for a while I look at the photo to guess what is that, before I read your post...Thanks for sharing such a interesting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your crystal post. How cool for this meme.
    Have a great day.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thats a cool piece of rock there - its nice too with the computer lights showing in the 2nd image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your crystals are stunning...I love how the color in the transparency shines through!

    These drug wars are awful, and I think you are right...I think we are just beginning and it's going to get much worse before it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cristal shots!
    Didn't read about Juarez in my corner of the world, that's insane...!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the second image! The blue tinges add a little mysterious look to the crystal.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni! Saw your comment on another blog and thought I'd stop over to see how you're doing. As always, love your always changing blog headers--this one is especially beautiful. All my blog buddies are becoming such great photographers. Must get with it.

    As to your opinion piece, recognize that those who live in border states may feel things differently from we mid-country staters. Personally, I think immigration and drugs are two separater--but equally thorny--issues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Faye Yes, as I stated above in my blog today, I agree! Immigration and drugs are two VERY different issues.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this sounds so terrible. alot of greed and anger affects us all. have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  23. Crystal is so pretty. Great pictures. that isn't easy to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a great macro...love the blue color reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that looks huge!

    Thanks for dropping by at my page.. See yah again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So scary. Too close to all of us. It is all about the drugs really -- I don't know if even your ditch/moat would stop the problems. They are going to find a way to get them here where they have customers. As you say, it is about illegal activity, not about immigration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  28. the stone looks like a catnose to me
    it triggers my imaginations; lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I had no idea a crystal could be so large!

    ReplyDelete
  30. lovely crystal shots and your border idea is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

.