my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



all aboard! All engines off...everything secure...and we're off----



Click either button to Join

This photo sequence is taken from inside our car with my cellphone...we were first on this time...right in the front row! Crossing the ferry over the ships' channel, it's okay 'til we hit the ships' wakes...then the ferry rocks and sways...I would NOT make a good sailor. I think the waves are rough on this little dinky 'boat'...I can only imagine what a real storm would be like aboard a ship/yacht. Color me green--y'know? Green gills?! Ya, that is me. LOL But most of all...after you see me across the channel...take another look at the photos and check out the sky. Aren't the clouds pretty?








---ahhhhhhhh, dry land ahead! Get me off this rickety ol' thing! Like Bing Crosby once sang:
"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above [this case, under the cloudy skies above],
Don't fence me in. [Don't strap me in--in the ferry confines that is]
Let me ride [drive!] through the wide open country that I love,
Don't fence me in."

Good thing about using the ferry tho, it saves about 30 miles of gasoline consumption to get to the 'other side' instead of going around the LONG way.



NOTE: If you have your blog's template/background design using THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK...you may have noticed the note attached to your blog recently. Your background choice won't be 'working' any longer because of Photobucket's bandwidth for the templates used there...they will no longer show up as of Friday July 23rd!!

HERE'S A FREE TEMPLATE SITE




POSTED: Wednesday, July 21st, 2010
around midnight


28 comments :

  1. cool trip...nice pix

    I'm liking the new blog look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those clouds too!! nice ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sick whenever ferry boats rocks, I think I wouldn't be a good sailor either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon fill me in. Where are you going from to where?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also breath a sigh of relief after the ferry docks at the pier. it's reassuring having solid ground under my feet.:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series! I love the sky and the clouds!



    Sreisaat Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always had romantic notions about ferries - but, like you, the reality of waves and lurching make me long for dry land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The clouds are pretty! I'm not a fan of ferry's either. I'm always glad to be back on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The man in the first shot seems to be directing the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cell phone pictures sure are good!
    I always enjoyed the ferry ride between Galveston and Crystal Beach.. can't believe I can't remember the real name of the destination. But you probably know where I am thinking of.
    Ferry rides when I were a child were such a treat.
    We took a long ferry ride to Martha's Vineyard a few years ago. Wonderful!!
    Have a great day.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you got some great photos from the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...I feel your pain...I would be green also. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved all the pictures - I love riding on the ferry...I miss Washington State where we'd ride the ferry just for fun! :)

    WW: Hatching a Dinosaur Egg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wasn't that Roy Rogers? (Don't fence me in)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know ? I don't think I've ever been on a ferry. Unless I was really little and don't remember. Great pics! Love your layout

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos taken from your mobile. I always enjoy your post, you made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always loved ferry rides - for some reason I don't get seasick on them as I do other places. Beautiful clouds - we had some just like that the other day - so artistic.

    I don't think I'll ever catch up on the last week's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Anni!
    Your phone takes great pictures :)

    I always feel for the people who 'exceed their bandwidth'.


    Have a great Wednesday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/when-donkeys-fly/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am with you, I'd be green at the gills also.
    They are great shots that you got.
    Have a great Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dogsmom Oh I'm sure that Roy Rogers recorded the very same song also. I always remember Bing Crosby singing it tho...I think it was with the Andrew Sisters. LONG ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, Anni! Another thing we have in common, ha. I haven't ridden on many ferries but I remember the one at Alabama's gulf very well...Honey Bear says let's get out and stand at the rail..then he says Honey, you don't look too well so I get back in the car...I have to take motion sickness tablets just to ride in a car's backseat...forget taking a cruise.
    Anyway, in the first photo, it looks like the guy is holding the ship in his hand...And just look at the waves in the clouds.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos...you phone has a great camera!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome shots!!!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/07/wordless_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi anni
    So long a time since the last one!
    I am glad I came today. Lovely pics and inviting voyage!

    Thanks about that info on the templates
    Hugs
    D. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like someone is anxious to get off the ferry. I am not a good sailor either, but the ferry boats are little bigger and for me they are Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know, I've done 88 cruises, all over the world, including one stormy crossing from Ensenada to Honolulu that lasted for five out of the six days in transit. I have, blissfully, never been seasick. I've heard that people who go deep sea fishing are cursed! I haven't been on a ferry ride, either, where I've been green around the gills. Knock on wood.

    Nice photos, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i always want land. your photos are fantastic. good thing you were on a ferry. have a good day

    ReplyDelete

.