my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Gone? Will it all be Gone with the Wind?


CLICK BUTTON to join


These Gone with the Wind items are atop the dresser in a bedroom in our house...under a blanket of glass for protection. Two [left and far right] are old, first edition vinyls of the soundtrack. The one in the middle is LIFE magazine's celebration, observing the sequel of Gone with the Wind.

- - -<><><>- - -

In the news:

It almost makes me want to jump for joy and celebrate the coverage. But, with the company's reputation, and the circumstances of the force of nature...I don't want to get high hopes right now. I will just take this with a grain of salt and watch for further developments and hope for the best. The oil stopped flowing with the new cap at 2:25P.M. Central Daylight Time USA. As long as the pressure continues to build, that'll be a good sign of some accomplishment...if the pressure gauge shows any drop in numbers....that'll be scary! I have my fingers crossed that this cap will work ----and then the long months ahead... of clean-up, and drilling will continue.



POSTED: Friday, July 16th, 2010
6:00 A.M.


15 comments :

  1. Your Gone with the Wind collection is pretty special!
    I was thrilled to hear the well is capped and hope it holds under pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite movie of all time. I need a good cold rainy day to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying this cap will work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pushed post too soon. I meant about the cap of course. Fingers crossed and all that...
    Yesterday's news here was that the turtle eggs rescued from the spill area and released (near Ft Myers) have hatched and are surviving. Now they wonder where they'll come back to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite book and movie...Love it girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let us all keep our fingers crossed on the cap holding.
    Has it effected your area at all?
    It sure does look like a horrible mess on TV
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gone With The Wind items, you must cherish these. I hope the oil spill has stopped . too much mess, people money problems with jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had CNN on when this happened yesterday and I got goosebumps. Stupid I know but I was sooo glad. I'm so hoping it all works out. And now come the decades of massive cleanup. The Gulf will never be the same. BP I hope you have deep deep pockets. Oh wait I know you do with the profits you've been bloodsucking out of all of us for YEARS!!! Have a great Friday HA :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one of my favorite movies of all time! I love Scarlett and Rhett!!!

    I'm pretty happy about BP fixing the damn leak too. It's about time already! Let's hope this one works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gone With The Wind and a capped oil leak...boy, how can two such diverse subjects bring me such joy? I might just rent that movie in celebration. Just hoping the cap stays strong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gone With The Wind. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always think of you whenever I see Gone with the Wind memorabilia:-) Great idea to put those records and magazine under glass!!

    That's great news indeed that they were able to cap that oil well and as you say, let's hope it finally works this time. Too little too late, though, the damage has been done:-(

    Have a great weekend my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, Anni, now you have me thinking about that shroud of Turin! I've also watched all kinds of programs about it but have never heard DaVinci's name mentioned in the same breath. That author whose book you just read sure does open up all kinds of possibilities!! The shroud is one of the most studied artifact in history and yet, the controversy still rages. Makes you wonder if we'll ever find out the truth.

    Canadian Bison? I'm Canadian and I've never even eaten that or seen it on a menu! lol I agree with you, Mel Gibson needs a good shake...upside down, sideways, whatever. I use to like him but he's getting much too weird for me lately. Love the song Margaritaville as well. They just opened a Jimmy Buffet restaurant called Margaritaville in Niagara Falls but it's very expensive!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.