my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




birds of a feather....



Early birds don't always catch worms!!




The photo below is of a baby grackle that I took several weeks ago. It's perched on the electrical wires high above the yard. What a racket it made when momma bird returned with more breakfast! The racket is what inspired me to photograph its anticipation of food!!!! It sees the mother returning to stuff its hungry belly.


I've been really busy doing not much of anything. Does that make sense? If you're retired, maybe it does. I've been keeping busy with photos from the camera. The other day I uploaded some 100+ photos to the computer, and have been resizing them to use up less memory and pixels. I've been working on a week's worth of blog entries for the coming week. We've gone and spent an entire day at the museum one day this week [hence all the photos! LOL]. For a couple of those days this past week, the two of us have left early in the morning and spent the entire day at the shore along the sea. Just walking and enjoying the quiet times out there with no vacationers/school kids. Just us two and the sea. Well there were a few fishermen, but it was lovely and peaceful.

By the time we got home each day, I've not even been online much. All the previous week's blog posts were already scheduled. It's just been a wonderfully quiet week, and I hope next week will be the same. I feel like a heel tho, not visiting many. I just hope y'all understand that I needed some time away from blogland.



- - -<><><>- - -



Join HERE for this week's laughter


A father asked his son, Little Johnny, if he knew about the birds and the bees.
"I don't want to know!" Little Johnny said, exploding and bursting into tears. Confused, his father asked Little Johnny what was wrong.
"Oh Pop," Johnny sobbed, "for me there was no Santa Claus at age six, no Easter Bunny at seven, and no Tooth Fairy at eight. And if you're telling me now that grown ups don't really have sex, I've got nothing left to believe in!"

- - -




- - -

A pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened? You look terrible."
"What do you mean?" said the pirate, "I feel fine."
"What about the wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well, we were in a battle and I got hit with a cannon ball, but I'm fine now."
"Well, ok, but what about that hook? "What happened to your hand?"
"We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into a sword fight. My hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook. I'm fine, really."
"What about that eye patch?"
"Oh, one day we were at sea and a flock of birds flew over. I looked up and one of them pooped in my eye."
"You're kidding," said the bartender, "you couldn't lose an eye just from some bird poop."
"It was my first day with the hook."






POSTED: Saturday, May 22nd 2010
12:10 A.M.


38 comments :

  1. You have an award over at my place Miss Hootin' Anni :-)

    Gilz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone deserves to take time off from everything. GOOD PIC. get some rest. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never fail to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo my friend. I'm glad that you got some rest. We all need to do that from time to time. It's funny...life goes one when you don't blog. Amazing isn't it :) Love the joke. Very funny. :) Have a GREAT weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures! Happy 6ws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, cute baby bird and loved the funnies post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bird does indeed look excited. Guess food will do that for all species!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "not much of anything" sounds pretty BUSY to me! Love this photo. The sky is so blue. However, can't see your name without thinking of the joke of the woman not using a vase for her flowers!!!

    Jan
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to spend a week, I am so looking forward to retiring. Only the second time in my life I wanted to be older, the 1st being when I was waiting to be legal age to have adult beverages :). Cute grackle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great capture of the Grackle. Sounds like you've had a wonderful week. Just reading about it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your grackle shot. Very nicely done.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sense making six words,
    you must know the facts.
    Happy SWS!

    mine is up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you had to work really hard for this 55. Wonderful views, spectacular. :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. The funnies are really funny! The picture of the baby bird is priceless.

    I don't know how you do it Anni - a week's worth of blogs ahead of time. You're amazing. I do well to get two a week in these days, and then it's a struggle. It's mostly pictures with a little commentary - not much depth these days!

    Your week sounds magnificent - like a vacation in your own home town. Pre-tourist beach has to be glorious. And before it's so blasting hot.

    I'm not excited about school being out - I like the structure of school days, unlike the kids!

    Have another wonderful week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahahahahah...heehaw...
    I love them all...you are WICKED, Anni...
    I have not been myself lately...
    sorry for not visiting...
    Have you a truly blessed weekend..
    hugs
    shakira

    p.s my profile picture was a Mother's Day gift from my girls in 2006, when I was 41 then. Now I am 45.I think I look young..cause I do not look myself in the mirror..so when I see myself, I always look younger? LOL I do not know..it is just one of the blessings from my maternal grandmother, she died at 139 not looking a day over 50! truly beautiful woman..petite and so pure...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, I am glad you had a nice quiet week. I love the ocean...but in Kansas it is not available.

    I know what ya mean about needing a break from blogland. I get that way too. In fact we are headed to Branson Mo tomorrow with a daughter and 4 grandkids to spend a few days away, and to go to Silver Dollar City and some Shows. Nice change of pace.

    Happy SWS
    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  17. ~what a moment...hope he got a least a smidge of the worm! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you've had a great week!
    Thanks for the jokes - I love the pirate one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love the babies. My goslings entertain me in My Muskoka !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for a good laugh!!! my first day with the hook..., too funny!!
    Have a grand weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds a lot like our life -- at least before we started the current remodeling project. Can't wait to go back to it.

    I wish I were smart enough to do a lot of posts ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Critter Day! Loved the baby crackle. We have a lot of babies in our area and they make quite a noise begging for MORE FOOD! We all need a break every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great capture of the baby crackle! Love the photo.

    Those are really funny, Anni! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all of it !!
    Happy 6WS
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a great shot of the baby grackle...and I love your six words!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I look forward to quiet weeks like that.......in about 20 years

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maybe, but it's always the second mouse that gets the cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice funnies Annie. My memmory of Grackles from Ontarion is how loud they were, and how much they scratched me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sound slike you had a very fun and relaxing week! Can't wait to see the photos! Love the baby grackle trying to hang on to the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL! If grownups don't have sex there's no reason to grow up.

    Love that baby Grackle pic! You got an excellent shot.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that bird pic! Happy 6WS!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like the baby grackle hasn't quite mastered his tight-rope act. Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can relate to being busy doing nothing, Anni, although for the last little while, I've been busy doing something. I've put up a post about it.

    Love the hungry, impatient grackle chick...

    And the pirate joke...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow,
    in reality, referring to funnies,
    it is best that we don't tell kids no Santa..
    thank you for the fun.
    I posted mine.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pirate joke! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my goodness it always amazes me why birds sit on electric wires lol. great shot!

    My entry is at my Mummy Diaries blog. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Random.org sent me your way this week! Hope my late comment finds you well. I enjoyed your funnies, especially the birds and bees. Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

.