my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



You may kiss the bride...

Well, I started on this pencil sketch way back before the warm weather finally arrived here and time spent outdoors kept me from finishing it. And, it's been sitting around on top of books on the bookshelves here for far too long. Finally, I took the time early one morning this week and got 'er done. Besides, now that the photo albums are no longer a shambles and that job is finished, it's now Bud's turn, he is the one that has the duty of cleaning, dusting the books one by one and re-shelving them and I can hear it now..."Bud, why don't you begin in the library with Spring Cleaning and dust all your books?" He'll retort: "I can't, I'm not gonna touch your sketch and ruin it." His excuse to procrastinate on the yearly cleaning of books!! So, I'm gonna beat him to the punch this time. There'll be no excuses for him.

The Corpse Bride [and Victor]




- - -


The Corpse Bride: [singing]
If I touch a burning candle, I can feel no pain.
If you cut me with a knife, it's still the same.
And I know her heart is beating,
and I know that I am dead;
yet the pain here that I feel,
try and tell me it's not real,
and it seems that I still have a tear to shed.



- - -<><><>- - -

MySpace LayoutsIn other news...Yesterday was opening day for the 2010 season of professional baseball. And who else to televise their game but the two rivals - Yankees and Red Sox. There for a while, I thought 'my' Yankees had a shot at winning, but along comes the 'other' team and ruins my hopes. Score 7-9 in favor of the Sox. It was still great to be able to hear the crack of the bat and see the home runs...first home run of the season? Yep, George Posada; catcher of the Yankees. And Jeter? He's still lookin' Goooood!!! Hey, there are many reasons for watching the games!! Oh and I was really glad when the pre game was over....ewwwww, Curt Schilling was commentator. Can't stand his ego, nosiree.



- - -<><><>- - -

I saw the Easter Bunny! I did, I did!! Did you? But I am alarmed. I think he needs help?!!! Why it's a sure sign that he's full of himself---------he keeps rubbing himself! And he tells me it's for luck! Ya, right!!!


- - -<><><>- - -

I must 'fess up today, I actually like the results [kiddin'!]. Altho, I do lose my temper, I'm really not this 'bad' as the quiz results show...but, I fell in love all over again with the Queen of Hearts in the new 3D movie this past month, and she IS adorable...don't you think? LOL




You Are the Queen of Hearts



To call you passionate would be a total understatement. You have quite a temper. You put fear into the hearts of everyone you know.

You are easy to make angry, and once you're angry, you may do or say anything. You love vengeance.



You don't like to be crossed. And while you can't say "Off with their heads!" when people make you mad, you wish you could!

There are a couple hobbies you're passionate about (perhaps croquet?), but even those can be sullied by the stupidity of others.







POSTED: Monday, April 5th, 2010
5:20 A.M.





[lyrics from Google Search]
Yankees' Glitter Graphics by HOT MySpace Graphics by Mr. Doe!


9 comments :

  1. Good Morning Annie Sweetie...
    Oh I love this post. SO cute. I had to take a couple of looks at the Corpse Bride's picture, when you added Hootin Annie across the picture it appears you gave her the two OO's(from Hootin) and I thought you had made her quite endowed. The I just smiled about it. My old eyes were tired this morning. Beautiful sketch as always, you have a way with that pencil and sketchpad. So detailed sweetie.

    I did NOT see the Easter Bunny, and he did not come to Country Wings. He knows we are all trying desperately to watch our blood sugars, so he hopped right on by. Yes he did.

    Missed the game as the kids were all here. We had so much commotion as always nobody can think. Love it. Sure is nice when the house gets a little more quiet though. I guess that is a pretty good sign we are getting old.

    Have a great day sweetie. I think about you every day and wonder if you are walking the beaches. It would be so lovely to be close enough to do that.

    Many hugs sweetie and much love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketch (looks like my Victor, so thin) and great Bud strategy, you're the woMAN!! The new outfit your blog is wearing is just too cool! What talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sketch Anni .. very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say it again, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to BE the Easter Bunny this year for the first time in a long while. It was fun.

    Thanks for the kind encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice drawing, and now poor Bud has to do the spring cleaning with the books, lol ?
    I love your new template (once more) I tried the new Blogger templates with 3 columns on my Keyhole pictures blog, it's now very easy to do !
    My test results say that I am

    the Mad Hatter
    You are zany, kooky, and frankly, a little crazy. Others suspect that you're not all there.
    Crazy or not, you know how to have a good time. You are passionate about the things and people you love.

    You are emotional, over the top, and unpredictable. People can't help but love you, even if they're a little scared of you.
    You are impulsive and driven by your gut reactions. You have no problem saying what you think or feeling how you feel.

    Quiet true, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your drawing of the Corpse Bride and Victor is just amazing! I had to laugh at Bud's excuse for not wanting to dust off the books! hehe

    I took the quiz and this is what I am...

    You Are Alice

    You are curious, brave, and inquisitive. You can't help but be interested in the world around you.
    You are a bit of a loner and a total daydreamer. Your inner world is very colorful and vivid.

    At times, your real life seems dull and completely unbearable. You wish you could escape to a whole other world.

    While you have a wild spirit, you are quite gentle and polite. You tend to observe more than act - and you tread lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love Love this new theme. This has got to be my favorite one to date. Absolutely wonderful. Oh you know me and that Queen of Hearts LOL I'll just leave it at that. :) Nasty Easter Bunny...Nasty LOL Good thing he only comes hopping around once a year LOL. Love the drawing my friend. Tis excellent. :) Hope your Yanbkee's do well this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, fun, fun! Except for the dusting. You're fortunate to have a 'duster'. :)

    ReplyDelete

.