my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...You don't bring me flowers....anymore!


click button to join


Zooming in...Full view of flower below in my Monday Morsels. If you look closer, with the camera's macro setting, you can see the 'veins' in this flower...embiggen it!!











- - -<><><>- - -

MONDAY MORSELS


I was humming and singing the song by Barbra Streisand [see title], and Bud politely informed me that buying cut flowers is a waste of money when I have a flower haven in my very own yard [I agreed].......


Nothing exciting is happening around here these days. Bud and I are nearly done with the outdoor cleanup. One more flower box area in the front yard of weeding and we'll be done. The lawns have been trimmed and edged, and Bud put down "Weed and Feed". It's lookin' good!!! Now we're tackling inside. Hope you're sitting down .......he's tearing all the books down off the shelves in our library and dusting them. Yay!!! It truly is a week long project for him. And as much as he loves his books, he dreads the day I say "It's time to clean 'em". Just to let you know, when we relocated here from Tucson, the packers had packed 45 [you read that correctly!!] ..forty-five boxes of nothing but books!; and, there have been many more added since we've lived in Texas! Okay, so while he is working on that, I washed the windows and Venetian blinds, the curtains and then rehung them. I cleaned the small collection of mermaids and waxed and cleaned my desk...Pfft!!! That was like ---total tornado went through it....disaster area. Where's FEMA when you need 'em?!! Then, waxed and cleaned the doors and window sill...MY part is done!! LOL I'll move on to the master bedroom now, I think, 'cause the master bath was done last week. For me, the worst room to Spring Clean is the kitchen. Ewwww. Cupboards...inside and out. I don't know how those dust bunnies find their way through the cupboard doors and love living in the darkness like they do, but they do. "Out you go, you little rascals". And I do believe they breed just as their cousins do. They show up continually like there's a hot momma somewhere I never catch, and they bore new bunnies just hours after I clean 'em out. Somebody should patent a dust bunny birth control, they'd make a huge profit that would keep our country out of debt, being that the government wants to control profits these days. [Sorry, couldn't shut up on that one!] Are y'all still with me this fine Monday? I do gab on and on sometimes. So, to close this entry for the day, I thought I'd share some of the flowers that are in bloom in our back yard now that it's decent looking for my bloggin' buddies. The top image is a Chicago Peace Rose bud. And the fragrance? So wonderful...like a fresh clean scent of Springtime!! The middle photo is of a newly planted hibiscus. It's residing under our huge bird of paradise plant where it'll get the morning sun, and the dew from the BOP plant will filter down to feed it extra moisture. It's a favorite of Bud's...we had one in Tucson, and I finally found the exact species here over the weekend. And lastly, my white Calla Lily is in full bloom. I have it planted with the Spanish Bayonets in the corner under the overhang of the neighbor's Mountain Cherry Tree where the sun is filtered during the summer months when the temps soar to triple digits and it'll survive the heat of the season. As you can figure out, I love flowers of all kinds. It's a good thing I don't work in a nursery 'cause I'd never get a paycheck...my wages would be garnished for plants I continually take home with me.







POSTED: Monday, April 12th, 2010
3:00 A.M.





51 comments :

  1. The flowers are beautiful, love your new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have so many books too but got to give them away to libraries and also at homes that I helped set. I still have many though.

    The flower is SO GORGEOUS, Anni!
    thank you for sharing.

    Happy Monday!

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Macro Monday! Isn't it fun? Your flowers are really gorgeous.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful flower photos!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you on Macro Monday. That's a great first entry, beautiful shots. I know what you mean about those dust bunnies, they breed like crazy and can find their way into any space.

    The Road to Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers and great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I love the peace rose. They don't grow outside here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni
    The flower in the first photo sure looks like paper! Great macro! The calla lily is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I'm inspired or exhausted by all of your Spring cleaning! Sounds like you've been working hard. Love the calla lily, they're one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you've finished there you can come on over here and do some cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful macro shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful...fabulous macros! I love flower veins too..gorgeous work! Congrats on yoru 1st Macro monday..yay! Beautiful blooms!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Flowers ! very pretty blog, I found you through Jinksy, I shall pop by again if I may.
    Susie Hemingway UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni,
    Great photos and I love the rose. I'm jealous about the Calla Lily. I can't seem to get them growing well here. Maybe I should try watering them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The third flower is simply amazing...pure and pristine white. I would never get paid if I worked in a nursery too, for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, You seem to organized and effient, I just live up the road(saying in Texas even if it 100 + miles) so could you and DH just run up here and give me a hand.

    When can I expect you.....???

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a stunning flower! I love yellow flowers and I love red and yellow together. You've got Mellow Yellow Monday and Ruby Tuesday right there in one flower. Did you remind Bud that buying plants for your flower haven is not a waste of money?

    ReplyDelete
  18. B:) He never says anything about me buying potted plants to put outdoors...except for "Where are you gonna put it, now?" LOL He is referring to cut flowers ---like a dozen roses in a vase. We both consider that a waste of good money...when I can buy three plants or MORE for the price of cut roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very pretty, Annie! Great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. don't ya love spring cleaning?

    your flowers are amazing...love the calla lily.
    really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty macro shot, but I am tired now when I read your spring cleaning inside and outside, lol ! Dusting books, what a thing ! For our garden I have to wait, mother nature is late this year. We only had the trees and bushes trimmed.
    You have again such a beautiful new template. For little screens this one is easier, I didn't have a good view when I used my little Asus netbook.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hootin! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Love the flowers on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That hibiscus is simply wonderful! I love the white with red...I find it hard to cut the flowers from my own yard because I want them ALL to adorn the yard. I, too, tend to buy cut flowers...Welcome to Macro Monday...you really brought some nice macro!

    My macro is the Giant Tecolote Ranunculus...not the poppy...My poppies are on other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is that hibiscus growing in your yard? I have one plant that has to grow inside only. This is a wonderful macro shot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great picture. Flowers are so intricate if you look really close.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the calla lily! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely macro images.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a lot of books!! I am feeling bad about my (have-not-started-yet) spring cleaning, but that's only for a short moment, lol.
    Your cala lilly is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoyed your flower shots. Welcome to Macro Mon, too. Isn't macro fun?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful flowers Anni!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/04/httplisaschaos.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anni,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Welcome to the fun of macro Monday (or any other day). I can see the veins. I must say that the photo of the Chicago Peace rose bud is my favorite of the three. It's exquisite. I've always had a fondness for the peace rose -- such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Spring Cleaning. Ugh! I really dislike it. Would you mind coming to my house and doing some spring cleaning here?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good mornin' Anni! Your new camera is taking some really great photos. Your flowers are outstanding. It sounds like you're nearly done with spring cleaning. Lucky lady :-). I keep wishing for my fairy godmother. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  34. I agree with bud...your garden flowers are very beautiful!i cut mine always...my mil on the other hand would be very upset (it used to be her garden) welcome to mm!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i love the lily! they pop up all over the place here, such beautiful flowers. Love the hibiscus too, one of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Annie what lovely photographs of your flowers! Of course the rose is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Where are the Kelly girls when ya need 'em LOL Love the photos of the flowers. They are just stunning. Have a wonderful Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this post Anni! flowers are beautiful -- love that you moved with all those books and still collect them (I can't do that -- but I love to know people who do). Cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anni, such lovely flowers! And the blue theme is marvelous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your Peace Rose and Calla Lily are gorgeous! Two of my favorite flowers, although I don't have any luck whatsoever in growing them. Thank goodness you can buy bouquets of flowers in the stores.
    Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you keep coming back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gee we could use some spring cleaning around here. My tulips don't even have buds on them.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow, stunning flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The flower pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Spring cleaning - wish I could get in the mood!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. that Peace rose is gorgeous! will be fantastic in another couple days!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Welcome to the fun! Lovely flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  47. is that a white hibiscus??? i also want one.....

    ReplyDelete
  48. great flowershots¨
    flowers are a perfect Macroobject as you see things not visible with the eyes only

    thanks for commenting !

    ReplyDelete
  49. Excuse me while I get up off the floor...fell off my chair there, when I read that Bud was dusting off his books! LOL Sounds like a lot of Spring cleaning is going on over at your place. I can't do any at the moment because we plan on removing all the carpets and putting in wood flooring, as well as painting the living room and kitchen walls soon. I'm not wasting my energy on doing a deep cleaning with all that in my near future! lol

    Such gorgeous flowers you have in bloom already. I only had crocuses in bloom and the snow we got last week did them in so now I'm just waiting on my tulips and daffodils to open up. Everything else won't be blooming until June or July.

    The sun is shining today and although it's only 55F, I don't care, at least it's NOT SNOWING! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. The hibiscus is so beautiful! I could never work in a nursey either...for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi !
    Lovely shot on the Hibiscus.
    I just love to take macro pictures because you see so many small details that you never see with just your eye :)

    ReplyDelete

.