
Click button to join
While out filling the two bird feeders we have in the back yard, I went back in and grabbed the camera, hoping it'd still be there when I returned outdoors....

....A lone Red Winged Blackbird was keeping close watch on my filling of the feeders!!
A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-A-A-T-I-O-N
Red Winged Black Bird Call
POSTED: Tuesday, April 13th, 2010
12:40 A.M.
oooo don't see one of those very often around here!
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little bird! We get lorikeets, galahs, cockatoos, doves, pee wees, magpies, crows, finches in our back yard.
ReplyDeleteThat's a gorgeous red-winged bird! I know how hard it is to capture birds. That is still once challenge for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm returning the visit here. Happy RT!
Lucky you could take your camera fast :D Lovely shot and thanks for drop at my RT post.
ReplyDeleteLove your new look and my goodness... bird sounds. Love it!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Ladybug Creek
Great photo. I love these birds. Now that spring is here, I typically let the birds find their own food. When the first freeze comes in the fall, I begin feeding them again.
ReplyDeleteDriller I tend to feed year 'round just to have all the different migrating birds each season. I just noticed a hummingbird flitting around the other day, which means that season is here...we get a whole lot of different species if I feed year 'round.
ReplyDeleteYou must have really grabbed your camera to capture the blackbird. I am always so slow when it comes to things like that.
ReplyDeleteLove redwings! Never saw one on my feeder though they were quite common around where we lived in Oregon. This one was posing beautifully for you!
ReplyDeleteA red-winged blackbird—
ReplyDeletean omen of good or ill?
Whichever, welcome!
My Ruby Tuesday
Hurray for capturing the blackbird! Good job.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Ruby post.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Juneau, Alaska!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Juneau Alaska Photo.
Wow, I've never seen a red winged black bird before. They sure are beautiful.:)
next time you should tuck in your camera all the time ... as in all the time LOL! so you won;t miss an action.... heheh,,,,, Anni gosh! you have a new skin again.. it's lovely ...I truly love it.
ReplyDeleteLove your new birdie layout. And your cute bird, the red tiny color wings really stand out for RT. Always perfect capture as usual.
ReplyDeletePerfect! I'm so glad he stuck around! That is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHey Annie, thank you for visiting! I had no idea there was any such bird as the red winged black bird. Well captured blackbird. :))
ReplyDeleteAnni,
ReplyDeleteLovely post today. All of your flower blossoms are lovely. Can't wait to see them here.
Blessings,
Mary
That is soooo pretty! Thank you for visiting me :) Happy Ruby Tuesday!
ReplyDeletethat's a beauty!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bird, I think I have never seen such !
ReplyDeleteI see the red...it's not only us who are anticipating on something the birds too ^_^ Happy Tuesday and thanks for the visit!
ReplyDeleteRRT~Kiddo
Anni - what a pretty bird. We have no such birds in our area. I'm so glad the hungry fellow stayed around to enjoy the feast you were putting out AND for you to get his picture. He's quite the poser.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I very much like this background you designed. The color are perfect for spring.
Love those birds, great lens capture. I miss seeing them here on the eastern seaboard. happy RT
ReplyDeleteMy Ruby Link for you
good thing you saw and capture its photo. It must've gone down to your feeder after you're gone. Happy RT!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find. I have to drive for a while before I see one of these. This is a lovely photo of your Red-winged blackbird.
ReplyDeletenice capture! the little birdie waited for you.:p
ReplyDeletecool, hopefully he'll come back thru summer and you can get more shots! i would love to get some bird pics
ReplyDeleteOOOOhh, fantastic shot!!!! Glad he waited for you and your camera ;)
ReplyDeleteMy Ruby Tuesday
how beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is really cute. I think the bird waited for you to get the camera hehehe.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit and comment. I love your header and blog layout.
Excellent photo. :) I haven't seen one of those in ages :)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet of you to feed the wildlife. We feed the birdies and the squirrels around here. Great shot.
ReplyDeleteRedWing Blackbirds are the first to come back to the little marsh near us. I can't get enough of their call and song and flashing those red epilets. You are a good soul to feed them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting. I like your Red-winged Blackbird.
ReplyDeletewonderful capture Anni! looks like he's waiting for you :)
ReplyDeleteoh and im loving your new LO!
u may view mine too here
Re the biking trail along the Poudre - I don't know about that one, though I'm sure DC does. But they have a wonderful walking/biking trail through the whole city. I walked it for MS a few years ago. We have a nice one here in Loveland, too, but it has some gaps in it yet - hope it's finished soon.
ReplyDeleteI can see the red and so tiny. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletenice take on red theme, what's the name of that bird with red wings? you're lucky to catch it!
ReplyDeletei love this bird shot. beautiful sky.
ReplyDeletepaz
im sure its no lonely as food is nearby. :)
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing.
Ya gotta love them! They are everywhere around here, and add so much color.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Anni. Have a great rest of the week.
Becky
I like YOUR bird, Anni. And I don't even like birds. I do like to look at them, I just don't like to be with them. Your new bird template is neat.
ReplyDeleteHappy RT! Thank you for peeking in on my little driver. :)
..
Hi, I like the new look. I usually fill my feeders for the Hummingbirds about this time but rarely do we see any until later in the summer so I'm holding off this year.
ReplyDeleteWe've been having some really nice weather. Today is the first time the AC has been on since last week at the same time.
Hope all is well out your way.
Mama Bear
Happy Rt!
ReplyDeleteblowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things
What a perfect timing. Love the bird!
ReplyDelete