my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Theiving is fun today!


Click to Join


Sunday Stealing: The Fandom Meme

Rules: We all are fans. Be it Star Trek or Twilight, you are a fan of something. Pick a subject, book, TV or movie series. Now tell us all about it!



SUBJECT I'M GONNA CHOOSE IS A MOVIE At first, I was gonna pick ROOTS a TV mini series, then thankfully, I read the questions first....that would've been way too difficult to choose 'best' and worst in that work of literature. So I picked an oldie but goodie....
JAWS [THE FIRST ONE...is the best one! But there were three as far as I know.]

1. The first character I fell in love with: Chief Brody. Mmmmmm, sweet. The late Roy Scheider.


[image courtesy of Photobucket search -copyright infringement unintentional]

2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Ummm, the shark dude...no, not the nasty mean drunken one...but the rich one with the great boat for shark watching with sonar and everything. "...this was no boating accident!" His name, Matt Hooper ---Richard Dreyfuss

3. The character I would shag anytime:

4. The character I'd slap: Mayor Larry Vaughn

5. Who are my 3 favorite characters. The Chief, the marine biologist, Hooper and Brody's wife...Ellen. She was funny and yet a good wife too.

6. What are my 3 favorite pairings. The shark's innards. Gross, I know....but really, this movie wasn't about any 'love triangle' or 'shagging'...nothing LIKE that. The boot, the license plate and the stomach fluids...that was the only thing paired other than the shark hunting trio. Oh and maybe the bottle of wine the three had for dinner before they WENT and SPILLED the shark's guts all over the wharf warehouse. Well, now on second thought the three hunters on Orca singing "Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed. Had a little drink about an hour ago and it went right to my head....." that was a good 'pairing' of talent don't you think? LOL Pairings...for this movie, it ain't fittin' it just ain't fittin'........

7. Which character I'm most like. Again, Brody..."You need a bigger boat!!!!!"

8. The coolest thing about the canon: AT the time...the automated and animated shark...it was more or less a movie breakthrough in effects! Oh and the music before the shark attacks!!! Chilling!!!

9. The lamest crappiest thing about the canon: The opening of the 2nd in the series with Sam Quinn's boat, the Orca, being at the bottom of the sea. For me, that scene was unnecessary.

10. My guiltiest pleasure in this fandom: This has nothing to do with 'shagging'...geez. Fantasy of the Chief saving me from a shark attack. What else?!!

11. What story I wish I could read (or art I wish I could see) Well, I'm not sure that my choice would really fit in with this question, but JAWS was written by Peter Benchley. And I think I'd hafta say the movie was better. Of course, I've never read the novel first; in fact never heard of the novel 'til after the movie came out.

12. What story I wish I had written/still want to write Maybe the script of this movie...have a remake of it...I'd sure add ME in there somewhere, just to be by "The Chief" at one point or another. Now that Mr. Scheider is gone tho, it'd make no sense to me.






POSTED: Sunday, April 25th, 2010
3:00 A.M.



17 comments :

  1. It is said that the shark with the license plate in its belly was caught here in Venice, Florida. We are the sharkstooth capital of the world. funny how the tides deposit different things to different beaches. Like the pure white sugar sand at Lido up in Sarasota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is how it was suppose to be done. Excellent my friend. Wonder what you need a bigger boat for LOL :) Have a great Sunday!!! Glad this wasn't a Shark's Tale LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha..you are a RIOT,Anni.
    JAWS was such a scary movie for me since I do swim.
    Until TODAY, when I go out to the sea...
    the background music still plays in my head! LOL
    Have you a blessed Sunday!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice. I wasn't sure if we had to choose one movie/show or not. BTW- I heard Jaws is now living off of the Alaskan coast...

    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/holy-craigs-list-do-you-know-whats-on-there/

    This week's Monday Mayhem- The Fear Meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harriet? That is just too darned funny. Good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just visiting to read your answers. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni, enjoyed visiting you and catching up a little. You and Bud have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, you're right, Jaws and shagging don't go together at all. The music's definitely one of the coolest things about it (and definitely the best part of the sequels). Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read all of the twilight sagas. My daughter gifted them to me for Christmas. I have saw both Twilight and New Moon and have both the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaws was terrific! Great choice. Happy Sunday, Anni...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me got tribute, awards and nominations
    here and
    here
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Annie... I think I was the one who misunderstood this week's meme! I've never seen the first JAWS movie in its entirety but I'd seen enough to remember that Chief Brody was indeed yummy! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen it, and sure didn't know it was a book first! But I love love love Roots - book and series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You mentioned my *favorite* scene from Jaws: "Show me the way to go home ..." That made the characters see so much more real to me, which made me that much more involved in the stories and frightened for them. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, the music was very chilling!

    Thanks for visiting my Sunday Stealing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete

.