my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...ohhhh, a toad went a'courtin' he did ride, uh-huh...or does it go "frog"...


click either button to join

AND


[linked each week below]



SIX WORD SATURDAY --

CAN YOU HEAR SEE ME NOW?
    to explain more for my choice, view my CAMERA CRITTERS entry...

- - -<><><>- - -
CAMERA CRITTERS

..."with a sword and a pistol by his side, uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh"

No sword and no pistol by this little dahling but, our stone flower bed moved! Well, at least when I glanced around and noticed the wall was moving. Funny, I experienced ground movement during an earthquake before, Nah! not this time, no earthquake!! Just a cute little toad entertaining me. This must be the one that talks to us each morning before sunrise. At first he was nearly invisible...if he wouldn't have wiggled along the wall, I would have missed him completely. And the camera lens proves my theory...the camouflage works. Nature's way is best! Don't you think? Cute booger isn't it?!! At least if you're into toads, you'll agree. He soon crawled, with a bit of difficulty, up above the greenery and sneaked into the crevice to all too soon disappear into the safety of the darkened earth. His hidey-hole...or perhaps his 'bunker' since he had on his cammies.



- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES
click here to join this week's laughter

There once was a really cute princess who was walking through the woods. All of a sudden she heard a voice calling, "Hey Really Cute Princess!"

She looked around and didn't see anyone or anything but a frog sitting on a big rock. She started to carry on her way but the frog called again. "Hey Really Cute Princess, if you take me home and let me sleep on your pillow next to you, I will turn back into a Handsome Prince!"

It had been a very long and boring day so she decided to pick up the frog and give it a try though she really didn't believe the frog at all.

The Really Cute Princess took the frog home with her and let him sleep on her pillow beside her. When she woke up the next day what do you think she found? There on her pillow beside her sat a really Handsome Prince.

Do you believe this story?

No? Neither did her mother!


- - -





- - -


There was a scientist who was successful at cloning frogs, and he cloned one who could talk, but the frogs speech turned to swearing. The scientist couldn't stop the frog from swearing. He tried everything he could think of. Then one day he clacked two spoons together and the frog jumped off the table and "croaked". The FROG POLICE arrived shortly after and arrested the scientist....
... for making an obscene clone fall!





POSTED: Saturday, April 24th, 2010
4:19 A.M.



35 comments :

  1. Hi again!

    Wonderful pic & wonderful post!

    Happy SWS!

    XOXO LOLA:)

    PS Had any UFO sightings over your way?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAKAAKAKAKA... that is WAY COOL!
    If one of my daughters do that, I will FRY HER!LOL
    Poor Scientist!
    YOU TRULY ROCK THE FUNNIES, Anni!
    love them, love you!
    Have you a great weekend!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very afraid of TOADS. LOL
    They JUMP! I used to go fishing with my Daddy and they would be around us, keeping us company.
    May not be able to see them but surely hear them!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Thanks for dropping by and yes the link as broken.
    :-( My six word Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie! I liked the cute little camera critter!... But an "obscene clone fall"??.. I groaned just a little, and THEN I laughed out loud!! FUNNY! Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That toad blends in really well! Thanks for the laughs this morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your six words Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-brightens-ones-day-award-and.html

    two awards in my blogger account,
    welcome for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little toad really fits in the stones, lol ! I wonder if the prince sitting on the pillow wore a green pajama, or at least green pants ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeeeck, i don't like frogs. cartoon frogs are cool though....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Six words for you: Eyes open? Good! See the toads!

    My Six Words about retirement

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) That was too funny! Thanks so much for joining me too! Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Goodness!! I love toads, frogs, it don't matter. There cute all the same!

    Happy SWS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the frog picture so cool my son loves frogs and your picture is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog design and style! I saw you did the design yourself, very talented!! Glad I found your blog! Following and will be back soon! Have a Great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Coreen
    PS. I love you artwork too. Reminds me of my oldest son's drawings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post...Amazing photo and great little anecdotes! Happy SWS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...I love the toad and your six word Satruday fits it so well. And your weekend funnies...had me rolling LOL Wonder if the princess had to go and etch rocks in a cave as punishment LOL :) Have a great weekend and HA thanks again for doing all the graphics for Quilly's party. You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute post! I saw a camo frog this week, too. He was sitting in a pile of loose dirt, and he blended right in...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anni: What a neat toad photo, great jokes alos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh great, now I have that song in my mind! lol Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.....seeeee???? Isn't it amazing how some animals can camouflage themselves so well in their surrounding. I had a huge toad hop out of my flowerbeds one time that scared the bejeebers outta me, I hadn't noticed it at all it was so well blended.

    LOL at the funnies!! Nope, I don't imagine her mother believed her story either! hehe

    Hope your weekend is going well, dear Anni. I'm in the process of pricing stuff for a yard sale I'm making next weekend, been 2 days at it and still not done. Why am I punishing myself like this again??? lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Anni, I absolutely love your tiebacks!! Gorgeous! You are so talented, it never ceases to amaze me.

    Such a breathtaking picture of the sunset...my mom always says it's God playing with His paint brushes again:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great shot Anni, I love the new background and colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cute little critter blends in really well. I really enjoyed your funnies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great shot of the frog and I love the comic strip too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A funny toad, he maybe have a hidden strength, he is sneaky. hahha I had to laugh on your frog story.

    Thanks for sharing Ms. Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/well-here-comes-the-week-15-rally-awards-and-more/

    hot blog award,
    you are a princess award,
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marvelous, throughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute post and funny. Great capture of the frog! Are you going to take him in and put him on your pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the toad and his cammies. OMG you are just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. cute li'l froggy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think frogs and toads are cute. I enjoy photographing the frogs at our pond all the time.

    That first joke made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  33. good stuff today. cute toad.

    ReplyDelete
  34. that is freaky. i didnt seem him at first either!!

    Tina from
    Mummy Diaries
    Gossip Avenue
    Travel Shack
    Game FreakZ

    ReplyDelete

.