“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes










SUNDAY STEALING

Part One - Describe:


Your hair? Short, gray, parted on one side.

Your mother? WAS--hard working, gentle, caring and funny!

Your father? WAS--hard working, stubborn, strict and strong!

Your favorite food? Round, bubbly, covered with cheese & pepperoni, Peter Piper!

Your dream last night? :::shrug:::

Your favorite drink? Bottled, tap, Spring, icy cold!

Your dream/goal? At my age? Just to live well----------

The room are you in? Nearly wall to wall book shelves, TV, posters, walls painted mocha brown.

Your hobby? Yarn, needle, pattern SC DC Hdc, Trpl, shell stitch, filet stitch, OR---paint brush, oils, watercolor, sketch pad.

Your fear? Slithery, slimy, cold blooded, poisonous & non poisonous. Sometimes constricting.

Your TV? 52" screen, GREAT for watching movies!

Your Pets? Adopted, two...one's black, the other's white.

Friends? Quirky, silly and full of smiles [and pranks!]

Your life? An easy one would be the best way to describe it.

Your mood? Most always happy!!

If you're missing someone? Not really. Tho, a lot are continually in my thoughts, daily.

Your best friend? Gray haired, tall, opposite sex...just a grumpy ol' man.



Part Two - The Where's?

Where do you want to be in 6 years? Still alive

Where were you last night? Home

Where did you grow up? Colorado

One place that I go to over and over? Beach

Your favorite place to eat out? ANYplace I don't have to cook....but we continually go back to Cracker Barrel or Longhorn Steakhouse.

Wish list items? I have everything I want....no listed wishes that I can think of at this moment.

Last time you laughed? Last night...we're watching the four tapes of Johnny Carson's favorite episode clips of the Tonight Show ---the best of!!!

Last time you cried? Probably the most recent was when I chopped onion to add to the soup.



Part Three - The What's?

Something that you aren't? A man.

Last thing you did? Logged in to my blog editing....[actually, answered the above question, read the 'last thing you did'---typing letters/words now...]

What are you wearing? Black and white "African Print" shorts.....and a black knit shirt.

Something you're not wearing? Shoes.

Your favorite store? Grocery...gimme food!!! Hey, this gal likes to eat!!



- - -<><><>- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS

1. Grace :: Amazing
2. Shower :: Rain
3. Alice :: in Wonderland
4. Purple :: Rose of Cairo
5. Apartment :: Complex
6. 3 :: Wise Men
7. Car :: Phone
8. Pregnant :: NOT ME!!!
9. Counselor :: Guidance
10. Discretion :: Judge, caution



- - -<><><>- - -

Well, after a long duel with me and the computer's modem yesterday, I think the modem won out! I finally just gave up and decided the hassle wasn't worth the long hours of trying to get online and stay online!! Bud and I ended up going for a nice long walk. And I do mean long...we ended up driving to Mustang Island and stayed there for nearly three hours, just walking and combing the beach. After we parked the car, we first chose to walk along the dunes. It's a very quiet area, peaceful, and mighty tranquil for this city girl. Away from the hustle, bustle, heavy weekend traffic of being downtown. I do think, at least I THINK I think...that a lot of people are out and about, shopping early and hunting for bargains for the holidays already. Anyway, yesterday, there seemed to be a lot of traffic on the freeways. But after we got farther south, nearing the outskirts of town and closer the Laguna Madre, we noticed a thinning out of the heavy traffic. By late morning [that's around 9 a.m. for ME...lol...] we were on the island. The weather was mild and pleasant, the water was beginning to recede with low tide. I didn't take too many photos this time as I only took with me, the cellphone. No cameras to lug around. It was just to be a leisurely morning of walking!! But, as we walked the dunes, just a few yards away from a channel, we both spied a bird of prey carrying in flight with him, a fish....the species is a caracara!! They are about the size of a golden eagle when fully matured. He knew, I realized, that I had only the cellphone camera. Of course, being a bird of prey, he was quite aware of us being so near. Each time I'd reach out to get him in view of the camera, he'd take off and fly a short distance then land and hide from us. When we reached nearer his sandy perch, he'd take off again. So the photos aren't all that good! The one photo above is where he's trying to nibble on his 'kill'. I highlighted it...to the right bottom of the photo. The grinding noise that the zoom switch makes from the camera made him take off once again. But only to land another football field away!!!! As quietly as we could, we walked on toward him again. About a dozen yards away, I aimed toward him [he was well camouflaged], trying to find him in the brush and focus. By the time I spotted him, he had already spotted me, and took off...I snapped away, attempting to get him in the frame---- All in all, it was a wonderful morning for me after we decided to just pick up and leave the modem's touchy mood behind us....And, from that moment on, even when we returned home, I didn't even go into the library to even LOOK at the computer!! I had my fill....and I just let it be the victor! For the day anyway. I was up first thing this morning and my first thought was..."Y'wonder if the turd is going to cooperate?" Well, when I walked through the doorway, the modem's light wasn't flickering, so I wasn't bickering!!! I booted it all up, and got online with no problems whatsoever!! Guess the cable company had problems of their own!! And you know what? I really didn't mind at all once I made up my mind to just leave it all to sort itself out!






POSTED: Sunday, November 15th, 2009
6:30 A.M.

27 comments :

  1. great answers on stealing...i had fun reading all your answers....thanks for visiting mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, Anni you are just so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes quite a few similar answers today, not me either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we share things in common. very cute blog title!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers as usual! Missed you the past couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. always great mutterings here! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cool bird you captured. No one doing this meme is revealing a weird dream. Hmmmm?

    Sunny Sunday #6 - Color Me Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hootin' Anni likes her pizza :)

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/is-it-really-over-top.html

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love coming here because I never know what I will find.. I love all your answers and relate to some of them..... As usual I am so busy that I do not get here very often and for that I am sorry,,,,,,BUT when I do I am NEVER disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow we had some of the same answers. No shoes and wanting to be alive in six years. Great minds yes Peter Piper? How many pecks of pickled peppers have you picked? ROFLMAO....I'm killing myself here. LOL Not Pregnant...WOOT!!! Good for you. Maybe you can save that for a rainy day with the grumpy old man...well better yet...just have fun trying...oh my...getting a little personal here...Stop Thom Stop...LOL. I loved your walk and tour with the Caracara. Beautiful bird and I don't care what anyone says cell phones come in handy and they are great pictures. Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thom, Thom.... You crack me up. Yep, I'm always barefooted. If I could get by with it, going shopping, I'd be unshod too. I've been known to drive [at least long distance driving] barefooted too. I'm a 'hick' at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Sunday Stealing! I hate snakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Johnny Carson was the best! That was a great show. Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was here! I had fun reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. An easy life with a happy mood sounds great! I'm a believer in keeping it simple because that makes it easier to keep it happy. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Did you figure out what Panera Bread is? It's the only place in my town where I can get a drink for a buck fifty and sit there for hours... with wifi! :) It's my place I go to when I need a break... and the food is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    I enjoyed your post today. All of your answers were interesting.

    Love the photos of the caracara. It must have been quite an experience to see it with the kill. Glad you enjoyed your day and that your modem is behaving itself.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for stopping by today. now I am craving a nice hot, gooey pizza pie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so amazing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni, I'm with B:)...very entertaining.

    Couldn't find where to e-mail you so I'm doing it through your blog. Things we have in common, Colorado, beachcombing, favorite beverage H2O.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forgot....we've been married over 40 years so we're probably close in age too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very good answers. I think it's always a good thing to want to be alive in a few years. :)

    Here's my Sunday Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. O, very good mutterings... :-) I always enjoy your posts!

    MommyWizdom

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see we have something in common on our Sunday Stealing...we both aren't men. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was so happy to see the mention of Johnny Carson in your Sunday Stealing. He's STILL my favorite comedian. Remember what you're supposed to do when you reach the Slauson Cut Off? (Get out of your car and cut off your Slauson.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anni-

    I want to thank you for playing Sunday Stealing. We are excited to announce our new Friday meme, The Dating Profiles Meme, and I'm inviting you to give it a shot. Every Friday we will find 10 of the strangest, lamest profile quotes from sites like Match.com or Yahoo Personals. We will choose gender neutral statements. This meme will ask you to give an honest reply or quip to the statement. Married or single, we know you'll enjoy it!

    And whether you join us this Friday or not, thanks for playing with us Sundays.

    Cheers!

    Judd

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your favorite drink? Bottled, tap, Spring, icy cold!

    you are plain and simple and that is exciting in my head. :)

    lovely prompt.
    sorry i m late

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bubbling cheese yummmmm, though I'd leave the pepperoni ;)

    ReplyDelete

.