my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





click either button to join
List of 2009 Photo Hunt themes by the week



Since I'm having a very difficult time staying connected to my cable service this morning, I'm borrowing one of my photo album, Colors of the Wind, photos to cover both Saturday memes, Photo Hunt, and Camera Critters. I probably won't be able to visit many participants 'cause I continue to be 'disconnected' from my modem. The theme for Photo Hunt this week is music....
What better way to wake up in the morning than to the music in my ears...from a Mockingbird!!! Their repertoire of vocalizations and mimicking other birds is nearly unfathomable. And such pretty music....





The mockingbird photo is to
be worked in for Photo Hunt's
"Music" and used for the Camera Critter meme.

[My photo blog HERE]



















POSTED: Saturday, November 14th, 2009
8:07 A.M.

20 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine its music is lovely :)

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're having modem problems. I did also earlier this week - and I'm so addicted to being on-line; it's terrible!

    Nature's music is so fascinating. I love to hear the songs of birds.

    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/11/ph-its-about-music.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative . . . It’s such a treat playing this meme with you every week. I have a little something for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you connections get resolved soon - so frustrating, isn't it?


    I starteled a deer! Look at that tail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo of the Mockingbird. They are cool birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful picture my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a beautiful bird Anni. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The song of the mockingbird was heard in my yard for the first time this year, since we've moved here. They are wonderful creatures.

    Happy Photo Hunting! I hope you get a chance to visit my post today at New York Traveler.net. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. preciouis little guy or gal haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, the music of birdsong! A beautiful picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shot!!
    hope your connection problems work out soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your connection is fixed soon. Technology frustration hopefully calmed by the mockingbird's song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so that's what a mocking bird looks like. We have a bird here which has a beautiful mellow song and can imitate some other birds. It's our butcher bird and they come in grey and black, brown and white and black and white.

    If I through small pieces of meat in the air, they catch it on the wing, much as they do insects.

    I love birdsong. Even crows amuse me because they sound as if they're screaming obscenities at each other.

    Hope you become connected soon and may your computer troubles be little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, I first saw a mockingbird when we went to Arkansas in 2005. I was standing in front of the motel watching these birds in a large tree. The owner happened by and I asked her what kind of bird they were. She told me mockingbirds. They do have such a pretty song. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your 'puter problems are soon over. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air till they have your connection properly restored.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are such quick and skittish birds! You captured this guy very well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

.