my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out









Sunday Stealing: A Fall Meme

It’s not really fall in [ I assume here is where we add our part of the world...so, Texas. It's not really Fall in Texas ....] until... hurricane season is over.

What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete? Go outside, test the temps, feel the brisk Autumn morning air for our coastal area...these are the waning days of summer; and the hot temps won't be back 'til next year, and I can pick up where I left off...making a complete circle around the area; walking.

A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was...I never had a 'break up' except for a mutual agreement to wait 'til he got back home from serving in Viet Nam....it was more than a break up...it was he was KIA. Still, I've never had a breakdown either.

If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be? A World Series at the Yankee Stadium--and get Derek Jeter's autograph & photo of him with me.

Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically [I think this is meant to read 'non-physical'] identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar? I'd post on my blog that I'd be wearing a purple amethyst flower broach on my left collar if we were to meet. Then, I'd have to go and buy one said amethyst pin.

Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche? Nuttin' Huny!! I post what I want, when I want, how I want. But that is what blogging is all about. Rant, show off, discuss, diary, everything under the sun. To me, one certain genre 24/7/365 would be boring. The one thing I've not done much about is religion. As the quote on my sidebar says, it says it as I see it... My God is MINE!! As is yours. I won't preach my beliefs in religion to anyone.

If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you? Well, first off, I've been happy with my life...all my life. So changing it wouldn't be sufficient...why fix something that isn't broken. I guess if I could go back in time I'd say to myself...do what you do and you'll get by.

Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared? My best friend Teri made a blog about the same time I did but never posted....it's not her interest. I'd like to have her express a lot of things...but, just can't persuade her. She just isn't IN to computers, period.

If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least? I've taken several 'times-out' from blogging and the computer. And I don't like phones....oh and the employment obligations are nill....I don't understand the relationship some have with a computer/laptop...they're NOT a necessity of living in my opinion. I would NOT take any computer/laptop on a trip!!!! What's the idea of a vacation if you make your daily routine part of the vacation? I just don't get it. Vacation is a break to GET AWAY from ROUTINE!!

On September 11th of this year, I attended a couple of parties and was somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts? For me....personally....TOO MANY questions still unanswered, and government lies!!!

How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt? I am assuming that 'walls' are some obstacle I've been challenged with during a lifetime? I think by now, in my life, I've conquered many HIGH walls. And I won't let the wall be a barrier. The tools are simple...happiness, laughter [a lot of humor and enjoying that humor], an attitude that my own will will break over the top....sooner or later. I try not to catastrophize [I used to all the time and the wall a lot of those times...was fear of the unknown...]. Each day I wake up, that is a wall that is climbed. And the 'tools' for other climbers....my advise? It would be to carry on your belt happiness and strength to get where you want to go!!

The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is: "You look just like one of the ladies in Playb*oy...."





*scanned from Bud's collection [yes he has folders of her in cartoons!]


These questions were odd in a way, but deep in meaning I think. Once I got going with them...the seriousness in me came out [at least up until the last question!]. A good challenge this week. At first, very ill worded...then, working with them...they made sense afterall.


- - -<><><>- - -


Unconscious Mutterings:

What pleases you? :: Chocolate Covered Caramels
Whatever :: ya, right!
Chime :: ding a ling
Pleading :: begging
Simulate :: flight simulation
Flashing :: on the corner [some dude in a trench coat!]
Directional :: signal lights
Pink :: is my favorite color [Aerosmith! -good song]
Access :: road
Ugly :: duckling






POSTED: Sunday, September 27th, 2009
6:30 A.M.

22 comments :

  1. Oh Anni - just love the last answer epsecially the cartoon! Thanks for visiting the Ramblings again - Happy Sunday, ours is half way through!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your approach to your blog. it's yours to do with, post on, as YOU please... that's your success hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These questions are getting worse and worse which each sunday stealing, ! but the best is the last cartoon, hahahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I have that Aerosmith song stuck in my head! hahaha If people get mad at me because I'm singing in the streets today, I'm blaming you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jenniek LOL....all righty then. You can sure blame me....I really like that song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer about your blog content, esecially the last few sentences. I agree, by the way. ;-)

    Also, scrolling down here to comment led me to your scanned pix of your family. Simply awesome! I love old photos, even if I don't know the people in them personally. Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, we matched on many Mutterings today - interesting.

    Anyway, I love your Fall header - it's very magical. Enjoy our day!

    MommyWizdom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    I will come back later if I can to catch up on this post. Just wanted you to know Dwight took a mini stroke yesterday afternoon. Details on my blog.

    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Don't worry 'bout "catching up" on my blogging....Most importantly, keep yourself well and I pray Dwight recovers 100%!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed! You are a niche! These were odd questions and I almost ran in the other direction, but, they worked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, your life is a bit like an onion...you keep peeling away and each time you do we learn more about you. It's never boring here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your answers. I decided not to do this one, though.
    The colors in your header are Auburn's colors. I love them.
    I hope you and Bud are having a great day.
    Love the cartoon. That is just about the way my boobs would look.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping over to visit your Sunday Stealing. I didn't care for this weeks theme either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always great answers and especially a FUNNY cartoon... Loved it! Have a GREAT day Anni...
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for calling by earlier, now I see what the fall"in" meant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK Anni - I love you already! :) Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, it's nice to have new friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ani, you never fail to leave me laughing. That cartoon was the perfect ending to your otherwise serious stealings.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nuttin Huny!! Love it. That's one thing I like about your blog, well besides you and everything else, is you post exactly what's on your mind and are VERY clever doing it as well. Government lies...love it :) Whatever: Yeah Right ROFLMAO. Excellent Have a wonderful week my dear sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Though I love the internet I wouldn't take my computer on vacation with me either. I even hate that my fiance takes his cell phone on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sure looks, feels, and smell like fall here.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice answsers, Annie!

    Happy Monday! I played too this time even though fall never comes here.

    ReplyDelete

.