my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



click either button to join



Photo Hunt theme: TWISTED

I'm always looking, this time of year, for creative pieces for celebrating Halloween. It's almost become a tradition that I make a big pot of chili for Halloween dinner along with crazy bread [a mixture of bread dough, cheddar cheese, jalapeno peppers, onion and egg white] where I chop the dough and other ingredients on a chopping board, let it rise as is and then bake it where it browns well and serve the chili, crazy bread, with a tossed salad. Then, for dessert it's usually a hot fudge sundae. For years, I've done this. But this year, it just may be a bit different. "Chili Dogs" are good too. And when at Wal Mart the other day, I saw this magazine cover and it looks like FUN for Halloween. In a TWISTED way!!

Mummy Dogs!!-----------




And of course, for me, I'll make 'em with Turkey franks...much less fat and the bad cholesterol is mostly non-existent.




- - -<><><>- - -


CAMERA CRITTER
...Black and Red and cute all over!!


And since my Photo Hunt Photo above is of a Halloween theme...I thought I'd carry off a Camera Critter photo to coincide with the previous section of my blog today! Of course, I only have grandSONS, but I tellya, if they were really small again [my youngest G-son is 13], and they lived nearby instead of a 1000 miles away, I'd be tempted to buy this and make his life a bit traumatized. [kidding!] Oh how I would adore a small little one that I could call grandDAUGHTER!! She'd be the sparkle of my eye to be sure. And I would have snatched this 'critter costume' for her to wear in October!! This is by far, the cutest ladybug I've seen!!! Anybody got a G-daughter I can borrow for Halloween? Adorable, or what?







- - -<><><>- - -


Again, it's Autumn, a highlight season for me....


'Tis Football Season in America. Autumn is also time for the Fall Classic [the baseball World Series]. From Little Leagues to Major Leagues you feel the rush of the competition. Yet, in all the turmoil of the world these days, and what you hear, read, view is most constantly the 'bad to worse'!! I read this story, and bawled....
    "We weren't sure how gloomy they would be before the game," Morgan said. "They had gloom, but it was not as bad as we thought. We met before the game, and they told us that they did not want us to feel sorry for them, and they did not want us to back off just because of what happened. They wanted us to play them like we would have if Duffy has still been there with them, so we did."

It's sad, it's downright respectful of the human being and friend! You should read it. There IS STILL the Good in this World we live in. But, you may want a tissue.......





POSTED: Saturday, September 26th, 2009
5:57 A.M.

44 comments :

  1. Visiting your photo hunt -- they look yummy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your twisted entry is sure looks so yummy! :)

    My entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute and so yummy as well! Hope to eat some of that soon! :)


    See mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I like the twisted way you think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a delicious twisted one Anni. I am ready for the day too. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Halloween dogs look so good and great fun! You could borrow my grand-daughter, except she's very, very new, my first ever grandchild, and a very long way from you. Otherwise, just ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO now I'm so hungry! Your traditional halloween feast sounds so delicious! I love a good bowl of chili and that crazy bread sounds crazy good! The mummy dogs are yummy cute. I agree that is one cute little ladybug!

    Here's my twisted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an innovative, creative idea for "twisted." Of course, I wouldn't expect anything other than that from the phenomenal Hootin' Anni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your halloween recipes have got my tummy rumbling. both the traditional one plus the new version, yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - we love your camera critters picture - soooo cute! We had actually forgotten that it's that time of year again - the weather over here is so warm still we simply don't associate Halloween with warm weather you see! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm...twisted looks yummy and cute! Camera critters would look adorable on a kid:) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That twisted entry and the costume is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little lady bug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that magazine. And the Halloween edition is the best one all year. I would really recommend a subscription! Loved your cute as a bug costume. And your fall poem was wonderful!
    If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni,

    Those hotdogs look delightful for Halloween. Enjoy! I'm sure they're easy to make.

    The lady bug is adorable, but like you, no granddaughter. That is fine. Though I wanted one badly, I'm glad I got grandsons. I was a tomboy and wouldn't know what to do with a frilly girl. LOL

    Hats off to Morgan and his team. They are true heroes.

    Enjoy your weekend, my friend. I'm feeling a bit better today. Thanks for asking.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS. If you would like any of the autumn photos to use for your paintings, feel free to help yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mummy dogs!! Bwahahahahha!!!!

    I hope you get the chance to see My Photo Hunt for today! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, that is soooooo twisted. LOL. You're going to hear some wise cracks on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute take on this weeks challenge. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your photo hunt!! what a great cooking idea!!!
    Happy PH and happy weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha I love your spooky hot dogs! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those look pretty good I must say. The World Series is the only time that I like baseball...LOL Have a Great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOl funny post! I just loved that cute girl, by critters today!
    Cool idea
    Happy Camera Critters
    purrs and love
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your Halloween food tradition. I've made wiener wraps but not mummies.
    And I do have two grandDaughers but they're too big to be Ladybugs. How cute! I have bought costumes when they were young for them to wear.
    I like to dress up in costume to answer the door but haven't in years. I did take a stroll down the costume aisle and the other seasonal one yesterday. Somehow, some of that candy found its way into my basket and it wasn't for visitors.
    Fall football is one of my favorite things of the season. I even watched Missouri and Nevada last night. Not my division but a game none the less.
    I hope you're enjoying your day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a nice shot and angle! Well, just keep it up and enjoy taking picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni: My that is an unusual critter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I had seen that magazine as well but didn't buy it...I think I will go back and get it:-) I had noticed the mummy dogs and thought they were so darling!! I think I'm coming over to your place for Halloween to have some of your chili...yummmm.

    That lady bug costume is just adorable. Wonder what Lily will be wearing for her first Halloween, doubt I'll ever know or see a picture:-( The other day while at WalMart I saw some little faerie costumes and wished I could have seen her in one!!

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. love your twisted buns, I think I'll have to make those now. thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a perfect photo for Camera Critters! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those twisted mummy dogs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute twisted mummy dogs ~ the piXies would love these! ThanX for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your chili and crazy bread sound great.

    Cute critter costume, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am working on my Sunday school lesson because I will lead the class in study tomorrow.
    But I am also multi-tasking. Already I have watched LSU (Mrs. Jim's school) win, Alabama in the making of a win over Arkansas (Alabama is towards the bottom of my list of faves), and tonight the University of Houston (my X2 degrees alma mater) play Texas Tech. I will also be keeping up with Nebraska (my first love alma mater) on my computer as they have fallen out of the TV graces for a bit after loosing last week.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute wee critter costume! :) Thanks for the visit, and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the ladybug.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hahahaha - the mummy dogs look really funny... but also delicious in a twisted way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey Anni those little twisted mummy dogs are really cute... What a great idea for the kids and US!!! Great post as always... Have a great one!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just made that twisted hot dog bread a few days agom but of course not as cute as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looking yummy and beautiful !! Great Post !!Unseen Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  40. your monster entries are cute and yummy. ",)

    my entry: http://southbrowneyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gday Anni. Slowly making my way around blogland..thanks for your nice comments.squinting to read..
    AWWW cute Lady bug or is it a Boy bug.. Lol at the mummy dogs..

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for your visit and kind welcoming words :)
    The ladybug costume is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mummy hotdogs? Look interesting!

    ReplyDelete

.