my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



Click either button to Join



THUNKS

1. Your thoughts on truck drivers? My father once was a semi truck driver. They're some of the most talented drivers on our highway systems!! At least 90% of them are. I still can't help myself watch them make the 90 degree right angle turns at intersections...it's phenomenal. And backing them up to get into a loading or unloading dock...turning the wheel the OPPOSITE way they want the trailer to go...it's awesome. I get confused just backing up. [kidding] Oh and when they cut out of a parking lot in front of you....I know one thing...I know that they know that I know I'm gonna let 'em!!!!

2. Did you hear Michelle Duggar is pregnant for the 15th time? (but that will be kid #19 if you lost count....) Didn't hear about it 'til just now...my gawd, does the girl realize what's causing it?

3. Have you ever done something to hurt someone intentionally... just for the sole purpose of hurting them because you thought they deserved it? Maybe a paybacks a bitch sort of thing? I'm sure I have before....where's Bud? He could probably tellya. "An eye for an eye" and "Measure for Measure"...yep, sounds like me.

4. Is there anyone in your life that when you go to their place of residence, you just walk in without bother knocking? Does anyone just walk into your house without knocking? Never and No!! In that order.

5. Whats in the trunk of your car? Do you even have a clue? I know exactly what's in the trunk...two beach chairs that roll up and a rug to keep the beach sand from getting onto the interior of the trunk. The rug is covering the spare tire and jack and tire iron latched compartment. Oh also inside that compartment is a set of jumper cables! Then, on the side of the driver's side of the trunk is a sea shell bucket for when we go to the beach and a backpack with 1st aid kit!! It's a good thing you didn't ask me what's in a closet tho!!

6. When you go to a family holiday get together (such as Christmas or Thanksgiving), about how many people are there? We don't 'do holiday dinners or get-togethers any more since my folks died and Bud's folks passed on. [At that time there was a huge mass of folks---relatives and friends; probably 30-40 if not more!] Our kids have their own traditions as it should be. Bud's last relative of our generation passed on...my siblings all are retired now and all do their own things. It's just the two of us. I still cook a huge meal for Bud and myself for Thanksgiving.

7. What is in your kitchen sink right at this very moment? Nothing but the enamel itself!! I'm so proud to type this!!! Wooohoo!!!

8. You go to a store to buy an expensive item... say $150. You pick up that item and a couple other this n' thats. You get to the register and the expensive item rings up at $40. The cashier doesn't seem to notice and tells you your total. Do you go with what they say and pay it or do you question the price difference? You know you would question it if your $40 item rang up at $150....Actually, I've done both. It depends on if I want revenge [see #3] on the actual store OR the employee. There are a couple of employees in one particular store that I just loathe. If it were either of them...then, no I'd say nothing. Tsk tsk...the "it deserves you right" kinda attitude. But if the store has been good and kind to me in the past, then I'd say something.

9. Do you fold your underwear or do you just toss it in a drawer? Ummmmm, kinda getting personal aren't you? Next thing you know you'll be wanting sizes, colors, personal preferences like Victoria's Secret or Joe Boxers...huh? I FOLD 'EM

10. There is a Harley-Davidson giveaway. Chances are $100 and they are only selling 250 tickets. Do you buy one? Probably not....Harley OR David's son aren't my type of guys. Gimme a Calvin or a Klein.

11. Who is your favorite Disney character? Oh boy...that's a tough one. Ever since I was a kid I loved Jimminy Cricket. He was about the only one that had any common sense. I still like ol' Jimminy!! I still melt when he sings "When you wish upon a star"!!!

12. It's September - most of the weekly sitcoms/dramas are starting new seasons again. Which one are you most looking forward to? We had this question on another meme this week!! N C I S!!! September 22nd, 7 PM. I'll be there!!!

13. You are at a grocery store and are on your way out to your car with your cart full of grocery bags. On your way to your car you see a black kitten in an empty cart. What do you do? As much as I'd love to take it home with me, I just can't...couldn't, shouldn't. I'd go in and tell the door guard or cashier or someone in charge. How sad!!! Poor thing.

14. Is there anything that you do for a hobby that you are asked to do for friends/family that most people would hire a professional to do? (example: cake decorating, fixing cars....) I've helped paint interiors and exteriors of family's homes!! But, I don't consider that a hobby. I've made many MANY crochet items for family and gifts in the past also; and sewed curtains and tablecloths, household items.

15. Are we there yet? NO!!! Now really, if we were THERE we wouldn't be HERE!!! Think about it. We never get there, it's always we're here. It should be 'are we here yet'?





<><><>


THIRTEEN

Since America's Labor Day Weekend is soon upon us, I'd like to dedicate this Thirteen to LABOR:

1] If men were to birth children instead of us women, the maternity leave would last TWO YEARS instead of two months!!

2] If men were to birth children instead of us women, they would not think TWINS is a good idea!!

3] After the baby was born, the panicked Japanese father went to see the obstetrician. "Doctor," he said, "I don't mind telling you, but I'm a little upset because my daughter has red hair. She can't possibly be mine." "Nonsense," the doctor said. "Even though you and your wife both have black hair, one of your ancestors may have contributed red hair to the gene pool." "It isn't possible," the man insisted. "We're pure Asian." "Well," said the doctor, "let me ask you this. How often do you have sex?" The man seemed ashamed. "I've been working very hard for the past year. We only made love once or twice a month." "There you have it!" the doctor said confidently. "It's just rust."

4] Appropriately for #4 I have one about four expectant fathers---
--- while their wives were in labor.

The nurse tells the first man, "Congratulations! You're the father of twins!" "What a coincidence! I work for the Minnesota Twins baseball team!" The nurse returns and tells the second man, "You are the father of triplets!" "Wow, what a coincidence! I work for 3M Corporation!" When the nurse tells the third man that his wife has given birth to quadruplets. "Another coincidence! I work for Four Seasons Hotel!" At this point, the fourth guy faints. When he comes to, the others ask what's wrong. "What's wrong?! I work for Seven-Up!"

5] Definition of LABOR: ONE- The miracle of the birth of a baby. TWO- The fact that you lived to tell about it.

6] A Chinese couple named Wong had a new baby. The nurse brings them over a lovely, healthy, bouncy definitely Caucasian white baby boy! "Congratulations," says the nurse to the new parents. "What will you name the baby?" The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, "Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him "Sum Ting Wong."

7] A woman's perspective:
Q: What is a chastity belt?
A: A labor-saving device.

8] A Man's perspective:
Q: What are forceps?
A: Giant baby tweezers.

9] My OBGYN told me it wasn't pain I felt during labor, but pressure. Was he right? What does HE know, I say...it was like the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

10] A man took his pregnant wife to the hospital to give birth. The doctor told them that they'd developed a new machine and asked if the couple would like to try it out. The machine could take some of Sharing The Pain of Childbirth from the mother and give it to the father to ease the mother's burden. Well, they thought that was a good idea, and decided to give it a try. The doctor initially set the machine on 10 percent, telling the man that even 10 percent was probably more pain than he'd ever experienced. But the husband was surprised at how little pain he was feeling, and asked the doctor to raise the level. The doctor increased it to 20 percent, and when the man still felt fine, he raised it to 50 and finally 100 percent. After it was all over, the man stood up, and stretched a little. Both he and his wife felt fine, and they shortly left the hospital to take the baby home. It was then that they found the mailman dead on their doorstep.

11] An old county doctor went way out to the boondocks to deliver a baby. It was so far out that there was no electricity. When the doctor arrived, no one was home except for the laboring mother and her five-year-old child. The doctor instructed the child to hold a lantern high so he could see while he helped the woman deliver the baby. The child did so, the mother pushed, and after a little while, the doctor lifted the new born baby by the feet and spanked him on the bottom to get him to take his first breath. "Hit him again," the child said. "He shouldn't have crawled up there in the first place!"

12] And since the true meaning of USA's Labor Day is about working...I thought I'd throw one in here about WORK, so here goes: If a train station is where the train stops, and a bus station is where the bus stops, what is a work station?

13] Being Texan, and everything is bigger in Texas [or so they say] I thought I'd share this for last:

A Texan buys a round of drinks for all in the bar because, he announces his wife has just produced "a typical Texas baby boy weighing 20 pounds." Congratulations shower him from all around, and many exclamations of "Wow!" are heard. A woman faints due to sympathy pains. Two weeks later, he returns to the bar. The bartender says, "Say, you're the father of the typical Texas baby that weighed 20 pounds at birth. How much does he weigh now?" The proud father answers, "Fifteen pounds." The bartender is puzzled, concerned. "Why? What happened? He already weighed 20 pounds at birth." The Texas father takes a slow swig from his long-neck Lone Star, wipes his lips on his shirtsleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says, "Had him circumcised."





POSTED: Thursday, September 3rd, 2009
12:01 A.M.

43 comments :

  1. OMG...your 3, 9 and 10 are just awesome. I love all the answers as usual...but calvin or a klein...stroke of genius my friend. And your thirteen dedicated to labor...woot...what a wonderful list :) Have a great day my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved 3 and 4 from the labor list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun stuff sandy

    I'm anxious for Glee a smart and edgy high school show sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the final one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've started my day with lots of laughs! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-fat post. Lots to read and have a laugh over. Love it.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me smile, really smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loled at rust and seven up! Hmmm...I'm sure some of my friends have never heard of them; now I will have something to contribute to the chat during an island party we're planning to have. Thanks for the laugh.

    I am amazed at the use of boondocks in no. 11 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved No. 12, my boss didn't.

    I reposted on Life is Just Like That... and linked here.

    Thanks for a good laugh.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  10. you just did it perfect!

    I smiled and grinned all through!

    13 Walt Disney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the "rusty baby" I have to tell this to my neighbor and friend, she was wondering why her 10 months old grandson is a little redhaired, hahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hootin' Anni9/03/2009

    Gattina Oh what fun you have in life, sweet Ms. G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni,

    I had a good laugh here this morning. What fun to read your blog while I'm having my morning coffee...well, my mid-morning coffee. Had some earlier.

    Thanks for your comments on the photos of the boys fishing. We had a great day.

    Have a great day. I'm off to get the boys. Only tomorrow left and then it's back to school.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Driving trucks sounds like fun! Great answers Anni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me too lik ethe last one..Thanks for stopping by Anni...Happy T13.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Annie, you are a Hoot!
    I can come here every morning and find my smile. Thanks for sharing sweetie. I so love to come home here. Have a wonderful blessed day. We are having another hot humid one here. Rain? Nahhh! Take care my friend. Country hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni, these are good, the first bunch. Right off the bat the truck driver thing caught my eye. In Europe all trucks are required to drive in the right hand lane. They all follow each other.
    The trucks are allowed to pass each other IF they do not stay out of the right lane over a certain amount of time. I wish we had that here!
    Sometimes I think they make a game of holding back traffic pretending to pass, say on a long hill. Other times it doesn't even take a hill. Seems like they are passing with their cruise control taking charge.

    Wanted to say that Wikipedia has a nice article for Bar and Bat Mitzvah for us people who don't know too much about those things.

    I surely do like your header picture. It reminds me soooooo much of our walks at the seaside park south of town. She loved to show that off, I believe she was a member of its preservation society.

    Please save my e-mail address and when you have time we could exchange some notes about things I have alluded to in various comments.
    jhovendic[at]yahoo.com

    -- Florence
    -- Nebraska growing up roots (I have some links on my left sidebar of JIM'S LITTLE BLOG)
    -- The C.C. Hooks any my cousin who is the president of them and the Round Rock team. He may have moved away from Corpus after his promotion to both teams.
    ..
    Hated to make this long, but neither of us keep very good reference to our e-mail on the profiles.

    Come peek in soon again. Aug 25 was the last time you did that AND left a comment.
    :-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, fun answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the great answers and GREAT laughs today... Have a FUNtastic day Anni...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hardest work in the world but the results are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. funny list! number 4 makes me laugh so hard! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am still howling over your 13! Thanks for the Thursday giggle.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  23. I truly come here to get my daily laugh.Thanks
    My hubby and oldest son both drive trucks for years. Some of their stories are pretty scary about the cars on the roads today.
    I loved #10.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funny!!!!

    9. Do you fold your underwear or do you just toss it in a drawer? Mine and Baby Girl's are thrown into the drawer. Hubby's and Little Man's are kind of stacked neatly in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your answer to number one. My dad was a truck driver too. Gotta respect all that skill and power.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved the labor list. Thanks for the snicker!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni, you have given me quite a giggle. :) Oh! You mentioned your fave crime drama over on my blog, but you didn't actually name it...

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is hilarious, Anni! I love #3 of your T-13 list :)

    Thanks for dropping by my entry. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 3 all natural labors under my considerable belt & I can say it's hard work! Great jokes though, I especially liked the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay, I totally lost it at your comment about the woman with 19 kids. And then to see all these?

    It's been a good day over here (for a change!) but it's always better when I can laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Entertaining 13 as usual ;--)
    I have no 'trunk' as I drive a Ford Explorer, but I do carry folding chairs when Molly's not riding in back to chew on them.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the "Labor" Day theme on your T-13! Lots of laughs from both lists.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Anni!
    LOVED all of your answers to both memes.
    Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. great thunks! love you labor list too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Funny thirteen! I liked reading your thunks as well - loved your answer to #9.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just too funny. I had to read it slowly - one at a time. I'd have fallen off my chair, otherwise.
    I enjoy your blog. I've left a gift for you at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loved your 13! Especially appreciate the ones about twins.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My uncle was a truck driver. Every now and then we'd get a phone call at 5 in the morning from him that he was at a truck stop nearby and my parents would pile us in the car to go see him since he lived far away. We would get to go climb in his rig and try to figure out how he fit in the sleeping section.

    I loved the joke about the 5 year-old's thoughts on the situation - if I can ever remember it I'll share it with others!

    ReplyDelete
  39. thanks for viewing mine.. yeah ure right bugs bunny isnt a disney character hehe now i need change mine..

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thursday Thunks - 'my gawd, does the girl realize what's causing it?' - LOL!!

    Thursday Thirteen - I don't which one to single out. They all made me laugh, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good Thunks, Anni, but the T-13 is a scream. I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete

.