my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





click either button to join


PHOTO HUNT
subject:
UPSIDE DOWN

I didn't have time to hunt down any photo opportunities for this week. I really wanted to get a photo of Tahoe laying on the floor on her BACK...upside down...with her big fat hairy belly upside...but she wouldn't cooperate. Each time I saw her laying like that [she does often]...when I'd come back with the camera, she had rolled over!!! So, I searched in my image photo folder on the computer and came up with these two...

UPSIDE DOWN



RIGHT SIDE UP



My blue cameo hair barrette I bought at a jewelry store in Tucson. [When I had extremely long hair!!] Haven't used it since I had my hair cropped, living down here in humid Texas.





<><><>



Speaking of crows...well wasn't I? Oh what the heck, I was still reminded of a crow, but not the scary kind. My Camera Critters today. Oh how I loved the two crows magpies in cartoons. Remember them? Heckle and Jeckle? They were a hoot. Moving on---this image I share with you is one for Autumn that I saw at a store the other day and couldn't resist bringing it home for decorating. It's quite primitive looking...like a carving of some kind which I like a lot. Yep, it made me think of my youth and watching the animated critters of yesteryear. Did you know that the two devilish birds were created by Paul Terry? And the first artist's creation was way back....sit down for this if you remember them, 'cause it's gonna knock your socks off age you!!----1946?!!! Whoa. Now that bit of info sure put a damper on my day. Was it as good, for you? I'm as old as Heckle and Jeckle...almost!! Dang. And come to think of it, I grew older and they didn't. How come? Life is just so unfair sometimes!! PS....reading up on those feathered critters, at first, Mr. Terry had them as husband and wife...I'm glad he changed the one gender to make them both male...it wouldn't be the same.



[Yes, tho when I was a kid, I thought they were crows, I was laughed at by my older, youngest brother who used to watch cartoons with me on Saturday morning....correcting me that the two were actually MAGPIES! Still, even today, Heckle and Jeckle look more like crows to me!]






POSTED: Saturday, September 19th, 2009
5:07 A.M.


26 comments :

  1. THat's a wonderfil barette. It would liook great on the not-wife what with her long hair. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like crows. yours are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cameo ~ doesn't it make you want to grow your hair long again?
    Happy Weekend to you! The Zoolatry Girls,
    Maggy & Zoey & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a crow person!!!!!!!!!! Love love them... I am not sure but I think I am not a cameo person.. Used to be... have evolved into someone with less frills.... Not sure I like it but that is the way it is.........

    Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful barrette! Upside down was a hard one for me to think of too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is pretty Anni Happy hunting...TC

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always great pictures -- stop by Six Flower Mom, I just started a poster giveaway -- you could win a poster of one of your beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's too bad you could turn your beautiful barrette into a necklace or something. I thought Heckle and Jeckle were crows until now!

    I did our dog upside down on her back, with a little help.

    My upside down is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder about Heckle and Jeckle. I had forgotten how amusing they were, so I have just You Tubed them and enjoyed once more.
    ( I always thought they were crows too)

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful cameo. my grandmother used to have a brooch like that..i remember liking it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wondered what happened to my cameo necklace for a long time - found it under my dresser this week! Sure a good thing I don't vacuum under there too often!

    I love your short hairdo, but would love to see a picture of you in the old days of long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh perish the thought that a cat would co-operate! :) I had that thought too, and I had that result too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful barette. I can relate, I just had my long hair cut short and I have a bunch of barettes and mai fa sticks that I can no longer use. Can't get rid of them, though. Who knows what will happen to my hair next??

    Glad I stopped by, good take on the theme, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is a nice barrette and your crow is cute. thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crows are wonderful... one of my favorite birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait a sec... Those carvings look like crows to me! I couldn't have guessed they were magpies! Not in a million years! Hahaha =D
    Your barrette looks exquisite! Love the design and color.
    My My Upside-Down entry is up too. Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhh! I'm glad you showed the barrette right side up too. I kept thinking hinge or cupboard handle or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great photo hunt.... this was a hard challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh those uncooperative cats! Pretty barrette!

    Here's mine... kinda wordy today. I didn't want to go on a trapeze bar and I have no pics of mountains. :S

    New York Traveler.net

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a nice barrette - am guessing you've hung on to it despite not needing it any more these days!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear,'you allways amize me with somthing I learn from
    - so is this post.

    Have agreat rest of the Weekend

    hugs from¨Norway

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always thought they were crows, maybe your brother just wanted to make fun of you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely vintage barrette. Glad for the "right-side-up" version to help confirm what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are really cute!
    I join CC for the first time I hope you can come by and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

.