“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







Click to Join


Click to Join


CAUTIONARY NOTE I left in my comments

Thursday Thunks 1st...

1. Have you ever played Bullsh!t? Ho boy....no, but it sounds kinda crappy?!! Where does this take place? In a bull's domain? [that's as clean as I can make it!!] Maybe a bull pen? I call dibs on Derek Jeter!!! [and since there is really a game of that name....I'll go for the Egyptian version....they're very mysterious and exotic, don't you think?]

2. A dog licks you on your face. Are you disgusted or thinking it was sweet? Definitely sweet!! I've always been a slobbery kinda lover. [oh get your mind outta the gutter!] Addendum for those that are turned green by the thought: "Dogs mouths tend to be open a great deal of the time. More air circulates through the mouth and tounge it kills most microbes and bacteria that like darker, damper conditions. They also dont eat the crap we do, they dont get as much stuff stuck in there teeth. If they only eat hard kibble they will have a cleaner mouth than yours. Actually on discovery channel Myth Busters show they did a test on dogs mouth compared to humans and the dog was something like 65% cleaner than the humans Addition Info: Dogs Saliva have anti bacterial make up that clean the teeth and tounge when ever they begin to salivate. Its not a wivestale actually, its a documented treatment of the poor and homeless (street beggars) in biblical times. Those people too poor to get medical treatment would let the street dogs lick there wounds in order for them to heal." GOOGLE

3. Tell us about a fun/special memory you have of a grandparent. My maternal grandparent [grandmother] was the best---her meals were the BEST. My paternal grandmother died when I was six. Can't remember much of her. My maternal grandfather also died when I was young. But, my paternal grandfather lived to the age of 98! He was always fun, and funny. The special memory I have of him was spending summers with us...he always traveled by train, and we'd pick him up at the station. In his suitcases, there was always a box of chocolate covered cherries for me. Thing I really disliked was his chewing tobacco [the spittoon!]-----and his cane he used when he walked; he could turn that into a lethal weapon.

4. Have you ever pet a rat? No, but if I did, I'd probably have named it Willard since I'd been so intimate with him....pettin' him and all.

5. If I walked into your kitchen, where are the cups? In the cup CUPboard, where else? But, don't look in the fridge....there just may be a cup of something from months back that is green and fuzzy....or, do you need some more culture?

6. Since you already let me in your home, I found the cup and had water, now where's the bathroom from the kitchen? Say Mother May I first!!!! From the kitchen sink, turn to your left...take 3 baby steps and one giant step straight forward. You're in the dining room now--------take a small turn to your left and with three baby steps, you're in the hallway....keep walking.....oops too far...back up...make a sharp right and you're in the 1st room, the 'common room', of the combined bathroom...this is where you find the sink, mirror etc...keep going tho...to your left of the sink....four giant steps and you're in the 2nd room...this is the LOO!!! Turn to your right, or you'll fall in the tub!

7. Have you ever pet a turtle or tortoise? Ha!! With three older brothers? Are you kiddin'? They had every creature known this side of the Continental Divide and then some!!!


<><><>

then, Thursday Thirteen...


So, Wednesday, all day....it was clean house! We scrubbed, vacuumed, shined mirrors, changed bed linens, dusted, cleaned and scoured both bathrooms, washed a few things in the washing machine, and even rearranged the living room furniture. A huge day long cleaning like that only happens around here but once a month. The rest of the time, we only vacuum and sweep. Ta da....done for August...come the end of September sometime, it'll be done all over. déjà vu - all over again. So, this brings me to thinking [I didn't get to 'thunk' very much above, for Thursday Thunks, so I want to continue a bit...with MORE thinking. I am thinking of 12 lines to a story...and the 13th is the 'kick in the pants' punchline.......


1] A husband is at home watching a football game when his Wife interrupts, "Honey, could you fix the light in the hallway? It's been flickering for weeks now."

2] He looks at her and says angrily, "Fix the light? Now? Does it look like I have a G.E. logo printed on my forehead? I don't think so."

3] "Well then, could you fix the fridge door? It won't close properly."

4] To which he replies, "Fix the fridge door? Does it look like I have a Westinghouse logo printed on my forehead? I don't think so."

5] "Fine," she says, "Then, would you at least fix the steps to the front door? They're a mess and a real hazard."

6] "I'm not a dam* carpenter and I don't want to fix the steps," he says. "Does it look like I have a Black and Decker logo printed on my forehead? I don't think so."

7] He continued, "In fact, I've had enough of all your nagging. I'm going to the bar!"

8] So, the husband goes to the bar and drinks for a couple hours. Sometime later, he starts to feel guilty about his treatment of his wife, so he decides to return home and help out with the chores.

9] As he walks into the house, he notices the steps have been repaired. Then, as he enters the house, he notices the hall light is working again. And, to top it off, when he goes to get a beer from the fridge, he notices the fridge door has been fixed.

10] "Honey, how'd this all get fixed?"

11] His wife replies, "Well, when you left, I sat outside and cried. Just then, a nice young man asked me what was wrong, and I told him. He offered to do all the repairs, and all I had to do was either have sex with him or bake him a cake."

12] "So, what kind of cake did you bake him?" asks the husband.

13] "Hellooooooo!" she replies emphatically, "Do you see a Betty Crocker logo printed on my forehead? I don't think so!"






POSTED: Thursday, August 27th, 2009

12:01 A.M.

34 comments :

  1. How special that your grandfather lived to be 98!! my cousins' grandmother (not a blood relative of mine) is about that age, the lady is very fragile and petite, but her brain is in perfect condition and she is wonderful.

    Loved the joke, Mr Mar will be glad he fixed the shower hose before he left for work this morning, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish that I could be as creative as you are. This was excellent. I love the story about your Grandmother...Very well done. Have a great Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, puppy kisses, how i love them. and i had not a rat, but a mouse, and his/her name was tissue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new banner! and this is a great piece...I am so not betty crocker OR Rachael Ray! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried to follow your directions..ended up in the closet. ;) Love the new banner!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny. thanks for the laugh to start my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Dad loved chocolate covered cherries, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hhahaha fantastic :D
    that put a big smile on my face!

    Poise in the Poach

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, love your new header, it is great. It is too early for me to follow all those directions, will be back later.
    Have a great day.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara Don't wait too long to return....your bladder can only wait so long. [kidding]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the joke! Also, thanks for sharing all the interesting dog mouth facts...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BLOG VISITORS I just had this comment posted in my section here, today:

    Blogger samantha said...

    Just found your blog, and am very grateful for the time and effort you've gone to here. Great and varied taste
    Samantha
    Are you scared to be alone at home need security

    Thu Aug 27, 06:29:00 AM CDT


    It was linked to the 'security' [http://www.telekomx.mobi/lp1/iwaybpo/] part...and her name, 'Samantha' had NO PROFILE [http://www.blogger.com/profile/08802612333956465756]

    DON'T CLICK if you get this in YOUR comments...I think it's spyware.


    I copied it to post here as a caution to all....then, deleted her comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAahhhh...a new look again :)
    Cool banner and great answers to both memes. Loved the Thunks #1.


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/thinking-about-thursday-thunks.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. The info about the dogs was interesting. It's more hygienic to have one's dog kiss him than one's significant other. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your funny! This sounds like fun.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. had a great grandfather quite like your grandfather yes they were quite dangerous with those canes mine used his for everything from picking up things to protection

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that joke, no matter how many times I hear it!

    I had a grandmother who was a great cook as well--she's my only still-living grandparent, but she no longer cooks. I have such fond memories of her German home-cooked meals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. funny bathroom directions :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha ! that reminds me that the Garage door needs some oil ....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni,

    Both your Thursday Thunks and your Thursday Thirteen were great this week. I really enjoyed the information on your grandfather. Sounds like he was quite the man and that you have some great memories of him. (Maybe not the chew.)LOL

    It sounds like you and Bud worked hard all day yesterday, but it's always rewarding to see the house spic and span.

    LOL Your Thursday Thirteen was hilarious. I'm glad I knew the way to the bathroom.

    Have a great day, my friend. You worked your hinney off yesterday and today is a day to relax.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it all!!

    Thunks: Pet rat: Yes. Pet turtle/tortoise: No!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great answers, as always! Thanks for looking out for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun post. I enjoyed it all. Been getting doggie kisses for years now, and never got sick from their germs! Haha.

    Fond memories of grandparents are always nice, aren't they?

    Loved the joke. That guy got what he deserved. Haha,

    Have a great day, Anni!

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anni, you've started my day with a smile :-).

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree abbout the dog kisses. Great answers!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  27. There really is a game by that name?? I know some people who play it all the time then! LOL Well I'm sure glad to hear that a dog's mouth is so clean because when I had my dog while I was growing up, I used to share my ice cream cone with him! lol Plus, he was always giving me kisses:-) I had heard about having a dog lick a wound to heal it!

    ROFL...loved your Thursday Thirteen...too funny!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who needs Myth busters I am coming to you for answers from now on!the culture thing cracked me up, wondering how many readers caught it, and the Loo and Common room OMG but you're "cultured"!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You truly cracked me up with the last one.
    I enjoyed the whole blog also.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am late getting here today but I must tell you I never want to miss your post... LOVE them!!! You most always make me smile from ear to ear... Thanks!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  31. I thought the same thing about where are the cups. I said in the cupboard too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Anni - your a hoot! LOL loved your answers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your housekeeping ethics, Anni...they're just like mine. Hi 5!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I guess they don't call you "Hootin' Anni" for nothin', huh?

    ReplyDelete

.