my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Click either button to Join


I did not find enough time Tuesday to complete my trilogy of Botanic Garden photos...the 3rd You Tube. It was a quiet day and not a busy one...not until Bud bought me a new digital camera that is. It's a 24x zoom lens...he also bought the reader and a memory chip for me. When I emailed my friend in Denmark, and told her in order to operate this camera, I'm going to need to take a college course in "Camera", I was kidding of course, but...lordy there are so many buttons, and gadgets on this. I was bloggled out of my mind by late afternoon and didn't get a chance to make the last of my week-long [3 day] videos. I'll post them as photos only; instead of a slide show for Outdoor Wednesday, here...also it'll be my Wordful Wednesday....it's just as well, I guess.

As I've said so many times....the lakes and ponds around the city are drying up to a drastic low level OR completely dry. And the Gardens, once you get away from the flowers and plants, is one area that has the DRY!! These last entries are more or less "Miscellaneous" ----



Starting with: Alligator Lake [dry now! :sigh:]
below--





Part of Observation deck for watching alligators











Bird Observation Tower and another dried up pond for water fowl...






These two photos are the large koi and lily pond as you walk toward the pathway to begin the tour. There is also running water in the background.






This photo shows the huge windmill...at the base is a trough that would normally hold water...tho now, there is none. Along with the trough, there are two bronze statues [below]...






















Two fountains....












Heron Bronze Sculpture
[Again, notice the parched grounds!]










An Aztec [or maybe Mayan?] Sculpture from stone & Fig Tree
















POSTED: Wednesday, August 26th, 2009
5:20 A.M.

31 comments :

  1. So sad that everything is drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, Annie - so sad everything's drying up!

    Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No alligators!? I was searching hard for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad that it's dried up now but you still managed to show us some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all of those shots Annie !!!! especially the deck and the windmill !
    Great post :)
    see ya next wednesday !!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the windmill shot! You look to be just as dry there as we are here. I bet this place is really beautiful when it has some water, it's beautiful even when it's dry. But there is hope, we got 20 drops of rain Monday - I counted them! Happy OW. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new camera. I love all the sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shots! --and of course, we're right with you--can you believe how dry it is this summer?

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Anni, What great pictures of everything including the parched lakes... I sure hope that you get some rain soon and relief from the HEAT!

    Have Fun
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing a little rain dance for you. Great photos even without the water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to be there walking with you ... taking in these gorgeous views first hand. Thanks for taking the time to capture and share this Texas beauty with all of us here.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    What a shame that the drought has affected this beautiful area. The windmill and statues are magnificient and I also like the heron.

    I would love to stroll with you around this beautiful area. Maybe one day we can do that.

    I received a surprise in the mail yesterday. If you have time, be sure to stop by and congratulations on the new camera. Bud is a keeper.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Awesome pictures...
    Thanks for coming by to say hi, and let me know you were up and running. =0))

    New banner?? nice.

    blessings,

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new camera. It is sad that everything dried up in the heat there, Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about the heat and drought. Your photos were beautiful even without the water.
    thanks for sharing them.
    Enjoy the new camera.
    god bless

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is just so sad that everything is drying up. I hope it changes soon....that lake must have been interesting to see...alligators...around here they are only in photos!!! lol
    thanks for the visit today...have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful outdoor post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im lovin the statuary!!! Good stuff here Annie.

    Always a pleasure to stop by.

    Stop by if you get a minute -- would love to have you.

    TTFN~~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. It might be dry where you are, but we are only getting our summer now. We have had soooooo much rain, the grown is just now drying up nicely.
    Sorry Annie, I know some are crying for rain...
    Lovely shots. Great camera!
    Happy OW
    Love Claudie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so sad that things are drying up like that. But you capture the beauty of it just wonderfully...it's sad that it happens and hopefully will correct itself very soon :) Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your camera is taking pictures of amazing clarity. These are really lovely photos Anni. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Missed a flamingo... but these are exceptional photos . Thank you ANNi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annie, Sounds and looks like you have an amazing camera! :) Is it a Nikon P90? If so It's easy to catch on to.

    Your pics are awesome! I love the Koi Fish!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pics! And I am in love with the bronze Heron... he is spectacular.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's the trouble with new stuff - you have to learn how to use it!! I'm the worst at reading manuals!

    So sad - the dryness.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Photo of the observation deck is wonderful but too bad the lake dried up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great tour of the gardens. You did a super job putting all this together. I am so pleased you left me a comment. Drop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful pictures of something so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks like a fascinating place! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just stopping by to say 'hi' as it's been a long time since I visited you. I hope you are well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful pictures, dear Anni! I find it so sad, though, to see the dry lakes. Just goes to show what a drought will do. It's not something I've ever seen happen around here. I love the sculptures as well, they're so interesting!

    Figured out the new camera yet???? You do realize that now we will be expecting professional shots from you, don't you? hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.