my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




For Friday's Flash Fiction 55, scroll down below Show N Tell, or CLICK HERE

Posted for Friday, June 19th, 2009
12:01 A.M.






Join Here


Today, I decorated with patriotic knick knacks!! And I decided to post it early while I was still online... This is the dining room hutch--



The three photos below, grouped together, are of three blown glass canisters [shown on the hutch at the far left of the photo above] I found at a grand opening of a 'new' thrift shop along the freeway the other day. All three [in beautiful shape] were only $2.50 a piece!!! And they're not that small. The white one, tallest of the three, is about 10 inches full length. I thought they'd be super for decorating on Independence Day....red, white and blue.



Next going from left to right, is the wooden basket star I decorated last year...


...showing macro closeups of the patriotic bear, the pinwheel, and the American birdhouse.


I showed you this carnival glass serving crystal dish last week before I added some red metallic shreddings and the string of flag lights [you can see the entire string of 10 atop the hutch]...



and also from last week, the glass basket with red metallic shredding added...



One of two votive candle holders decorated in America's colors...


Resin Betsy Ross look-alike, and a bone china eagle...


Macro closeups of the two resin All American Kids...


...next is the star dish I showed last week, empty. Now it's part of the diningroom table centerpiece. A Red linen napkin lays below the red silver and blue star garlands with the star dish filled with stripes...striped peppermints. Along with crystal tulip candleholders/white candles.




And to top it all off, I brought out an old windsock of Colorado days....I've had this that long. It's a smaller windsock and he has no streamers. But he's topping off the diningroom table [we rarely use the table except for playing games.]...hanging from the ceiling light fixture...



~...End Show n Tell
COMMENTING OPTION IS NOW CLOSED







<><><>