Wednesday May 27th, 2009
5:05 A.M.
Instructions: Look at the picture and try to find at least one picture of a dog.
Here are some comments from some people who took this test:
"I couldn't see a dog and I stared at the picture for a good 10 minutes."
"I think it is one of those pictures where you have to stare at certain spot and then everything comes into focus, but it never happened to me. I'll give it another try later."
"I almost didn't find the dogs at all!"
"There is a dog in this picture? Where?"
"This must be a joke; there are no dogs in this picture."
The average reaction time for men appears to be a lot smaller than that for a woman. The following are average times for men and women:
Women: 12.46 minutes
Men: 1.23 seconds
Hint: The dogs appear to be white with black spots.
Good luck and happy hunting. Scroll down to see the picture.
Keep going...
Almost there...
Get ready...
Don't say I didn't warn you...
Here it is...

<><><>

...and...

PERFECTION!!!
[mouseover caption]

~...end wordless
COMMENT HERE if you'd like to skip the rest of the 'wordful' story today....
<><><>



I had to go out early Tuesday morning and get my 6 month blood work done. While I was out there, Bud dropped me off so he could go pick up some lag screws for the wood project from yesterday...the angled pieces still needed attached to the box. And in order to save on gas consumption, we 'killed two birds with one stone" so to speak.
When he came back to pick me up, he had this in the back of the car! I've always wanted one. I see them in bloom around town here and just think the flowers are so breathtaking, I wanted one now for a couple of years and never seemed to find any. When I let out a squeal of delight after I read the tag....he said to me: "It was the last one, too." After putting the lag screws in, I planted it....according to the slip tied on the tree, it takes 2 years for it to produce fruit. I love to eat 'em too!!
LOL...what we saved on gas, didn't even compare to the price of this. This just cracks me up.
5:05 A.M.
| Wordless/Wordful Wednesday photos below this test. Scroll down, or CLICK HERE to skip the test. |
Instructions: Look at the picture and try to find at least one picture of a dog.
Here are some comments from some people who took this test:
"I couldn't see a dog and I stared at the picture for a good 10 minutes."
"I think it is one of those pictures where you have to stare at certain spot and then everything comes into focus, but it never happened to me. I'll give it another try later."
"I almost didn't find the dogs at all!"
"There is a dog in this picture? Where?"
"This must be a joke; there are no dogs in this picture."
The average reaction time for men appears to be a lot smaller than that for a woman. The following are average times for men and women:
Women: 12.46 minutes
Men: 1.23 seconds
Hint: The dogs appear to be white with black spots.
Good luck and happy hunting. Scroll down to see the picture.
Keep going...
Almost there...
Get ready...
Don't say I didn't warn you...
Here it is...

<><><>

...and...

PERFECTION!!!
[mouseover caption]

~...end wordless
COMMENT HERE if you'd like to skip the rest of the 'wordful' story today....
<><><>



I had to go out early Tuesday morning and get my 6 month blood work done. While I was out there, Bud dropped me off so he could go pick up some lag screws for the wood project from yesterday...the angled pieces still needed attached to the box. And in order to save on gas consumption, we 'killed two birds with one stone" so to speak.
When he came back to pick me up, he had this in the back of the car! I've always wanted one. I see them in bloom around town here and just think the flowers are so breathtaking, I wanted one now for a couple of years and never seemed to find any. When I let out a squeal of delight after I read the tag....he said to me: "It was the last one, too." After putting the lag screws in, I planted it....according to the slip tied on the tree, it takes 2 years for it to produce fruit. I love to eat 'em too!!
LOL...what we saved on gas, didn't even compare to the price of this. This just cracks me up.
LOL! That is too funny! That rose is beautiful! Great shot, too!
ReplyDeleteNice rose. I bet it looks pretty when it opens.
ReplyDeleteMy dh went to the hardware stores yesterday "because they were honoring the military with a discount" and he's retired military. It was 10 stinking percent! LOL
ReplyDeleteHahaha! What a fun post! Lovely rose - I can almost smell it! Hope you'll pop by my blog for a chat and see what a zonkey looks like!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT and that rose is beautiful
ReplyDeleteHe is cute isn't he? He is not the first one to be born, there are a couple of others at the same resort! He was still so wobbly and small when we saw him! I wish I could have one too!
ReplyDeletehahaha this was so cool!
ReplyDeletethanks for draggin me in heer :D
hehe
Funny pic! Thanks for the laugh.
ReplyDeletetwo dalmatians? :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the rose. Happy Wednesday.
great pic and story :) thank you for giving me a laugh....good day!
ReplyDeleteAloha Anni!
ReplyDeleteGood one:) So funny. Love the rose too.
Happy WW!
http://upcountrysmiles.com
Cindy O
Stop by & visit.
Howdy Anni! That is a beautiful rose.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my home on the web.
Loved your test ::grin::
ReplyDeleteYour rose is absolutely gorgeous, what a beauty!!
Too funny! I have to admit I did see the dogs right away - what does that say about me??
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, gorgeous rose. I wish we had more.
The pomegranate plant is just beautiful - I am so glad Bud listens to you!
What a beautiful rose. I haven't seen many of that shade.
ReplyDeleteHappy WW from Sara @ the Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.!
Guess Bud is in real good books now. Find out what a woman likes as a gift! can't go wrong.
ReplyDeleteThe rose is spectacular. My favourite is a 'Peace Rose' pale yellow. Ours don't do too well round here, wrong sort of soil! My sister, on the other hand who lives up north, has wonderful rose bushes.
The dogs? it took me a while to find them, I think I will go back and just check again.
Love Granny
Hilarious! The rose is beautiful too!
ReplyDeletePomegranates are awesome! Our neighbor has a pomegranate tree, so we trade guavas for pomegranates and figs for grapes. Works for me. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of the rose from your garden, too!
I'm either getting old or am very perceptive. I saw the dogs at once. Neat picture.
ReplyDeleteThe rose - I love it. Gorgeous.
Hope your new pomegranate tree does well. I like to eat them too (fruit not the trees).
My DVDs - I've made about 30 of them from photos we have. My favorite one is called By the Sea and has all pictures on the beach and on the sea. First picture is of my Mom at the beach when she was about 8 years old with her mother and a sister. Part of the fun of making the DVDs is putting music to it. Wouldn't be very interesting without the music.
Thanks for asking.
Have a good day.
Charlotte
You are too funny. know I'm getting older. I saw the dogs! Darn....
ReplyDeleteI didn't see a dog. Even went and got my glasses to stare some more. *wink*
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS rose!!
Happy WW!
Those men with the dogs proved to be distracting enough.. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit also.
Anni,
ReplyDeleteI must be getting old. I saw the dogs right away. lol
The rose is beautiful. Be sure to post a photo when it opens.
Love that Bud bought you the pomegrante. I love the juice but it is so expensive. Can't wait for it to bear fruit.
Take care and have a great day.
Blessings,
Mary
WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm getting old ;(
The dogs were the first thing I saw. Help me Annie!
What a cute test! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd a beautiful rose...Bet it smells great!
And I just loooove hardware stores, planning a trip there soon myself. ;)
What fun! And I hope your pomegranate will fruit sooner than expected!! :D
ReplyDeletehow sweet is your bud! enjoy your flowers-to-be...
ReplyDeleteand a dog??? you're a hoot, my dear hootin' anni!!!
Very interesting and funny :)
ReplyDeleteLovely. I be you can't wait for it to open.
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the dogs but the firemen look good.
ReplyDeletelove the erma quote--and the rose was perfection. thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm I wonder why they missed the dogs ;) LOL
ReplyDeleteYou lucky lady having a man like Bud! He made sure he would give you a smile after your round of bloodwork! That my lady is love, you are very very blessed!
Can't wait to see the pics of those flowers in two years!
Happy WW!
ROFL I was all set to look for a dog! Hello dear Anni...I'm so sorry for being MIA but so many other things needed my attention and my blogging visits have been nil lately. Today it's raining so it's a perfect day to stay inside and spend it with friends:-)
ReplyDeleteThat pink rose is so beautiful! My rose bushes are just now starting to sprout leaves so it will be another month or so before any roses are blooming.
A pomegranate tree, how awesome! We can't grow them around here which is such a shame because I love that fruit!! Best of luck with growing it, hope it gets huge:-)
I'll now go read all of your other posts I missed!! xoxo
Your picture cracked me up!!! I would say it was tough finding the dogs in that picture also. :)
ReplyDeleteI see two dalmatians and the rose is stunning! TFS!
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny! Lol. I love the rose too. Have a terrific Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteI think the heart was made of steel. :)
We used to have a Dalmatian, so this was a bonus Wordless Wednesday :)
ReplyDeleteI envy your magnificient Rose.
ReplyDeleteGreat Photo as well
Dang it I didn't see the other part of the photo...damn dogs LOL. Excellent post :)
ReplyDeletegreat ww!! LOL!!
ReplyDeletemy ww: http://mcclurefamilyspace.blogspot.com/2009/05/wordless-or-wordful-wednesday-bear.html
Wait - there was a picture of a rose? I thought the perfection was all about the firemen?
ReplyDeleteYou are a true Hoot.
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while to see dogs, but I finally got to them.
I enjoyed your other photos too.
God bless.
Anni...how can I get ahold of you privately?
ReplyDeleteThanks Lana
Perfect is right!
ReplyDeletei love the rose... flowers are always a beautiful object of photography.
ReplyDeletehave a nice day :)
My grandmother will love this picture.
ReplyDeleteShe's into flowers and gardens :)
i love the rose and its color!:) you have a green thumb, i wish i could say the same. good job.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful rose! Reminds me that I need to deadhead my rosebushes. I'm lucky I found your WW, I was quite distracted with trying to find dogs in the previous photo. Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteI saw the dogs immediately and thought..."what's the point?" Then looked at the rest of the picture and got the point...lol!
ReplyDelete