my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Thursday, April 9th, 2009
3:15 A.M.
Posted Early






Each You Tube Link, or sound file link, will open in a new window.

13 Favorite Movie Quotes, that I continue to use a lot personally [among many more]:

1] YOU TUBE LINK


Paul Newman starring as COOL HAND LUKE --Chain Gang. 1967 WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE. [pictured: strother martin]

2] YOU TUBE LINK


Jack Nicholson starring as Col. Jessup in A FEW GOOD MEN. 1992 YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! [jack nicholson]
Prelude to quote: "Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury....."

3] YOU TUBE LINK


JAWS 1975
starring Roy Scheider...."You're gonna need a bigger boat." Love it!

4] YOU TUBE LINK


"...Boy, I've got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals". Starring Paul Newman BUTCH CASSIDY & THE SUNDANCE KID 1969


5] YOU TUBE LINK


..."$500. Must be a peach of a hand."
Starring Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone. [In fact, most all his lines are great quotable quotes.] 1993


6] YOU TUBE LINK


GONE WITH THE WIND ... "Ain't nobody but Yankees and scalawags[scallywags] got that much money now." Hattie McDaniel [Mammy] 1939


7] MP3 sound wav


..."I'm disinclined to acquiesce to his request".
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN I 2003
Keira Knightley as Ms. Swann

8] Best Pirate - Wav Sound


..."That's got to be the BEST Pirate I've EVER seen!"....[ya baby!! I agree. Capt. Sparrow IS the best I've seen. And Bud can't figure out why I like that line so much.]


9] YOU TUBE LINK


Indiana Jones RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 1981 ---"...asps. Very dangerous. You go first!" [love it...as I hate snakes, doc!]
John Rhys-Davies

10] YOU TUBE LINK


From Casablanca [1942]
"Here's Looking at you, kid!"
Humphrey Bolgart

11] YOU TUBE LINK


STAR WARS. Yoda "Help you, I can, yes!" [voice over by Frank Oz] 1977

12 & 13] YOU TUBE LINK FOR BOTH




From Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
1969
Starring Paul Newman as "ol' Butch himself"
and
Robert Redford as the Sundance Kid
...."most of what followed was true". Gotta ♥LOVE♥ this movie!!!!!

25 comments :

  1. how true is no. 6... now after all these years..... lovely selection of quotes you've got here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote list, it brought back memories of the movies they are from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great quotes there - and memorable films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! #'s 2 and 6 are favorite movies of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! what a big work you did there !
    and I purr when I see "Gone with the wind" ! I don't know how many times I have seen it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are classics. What a great idea for a post. You're so creative. I'm a big fan of Casa Blanca--I think I like almost every line. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Seen most of these movies. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been so unhappy with so many of the follow up movies that I forgot how great Star Wars is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great format for an awesome 13! I love nearly every one of these quotes and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun list - #2 & #10 are a couple of my favorites too.

    And you're right, you've gotta LOVE Newman & Redford in that movie. Best of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of those! The line "you're going to need a bigger boat" was actually an ad lib that they kept in the movie. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote list! I quote to myself (or anyone within hearing range) every time I hang sheets on the line: "6 pins, Doris!" - Vera from Dolores Claiborn
    Haha!
    Thanks for visiting my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quotes of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid make me want to see it again. I haven't seen it in years. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, love Butch & the Kid. I think that movie contains the greatest degree of "cool" in the history of cinema. My favorite lines are, "I'm better when I move" and "There are no rules in a knife fight!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the memories... sigh.. now I have to go rent movies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Butch and Sundance!!

    Many well chosen quotes.

    I would add - Have fun storming the castle. (And a bunch of other quotes from The Princess Bride.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent quotes - number seven is one of my faves!

    http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good ones and some of my favorites! But you don't like:

    "I'm richer and have more insurance" spoken by Kathy Bates as __ in Fried Green Tomatoes.

    That's one of my favorites. Now I have to run - I'm dealing with a Wild Peep Problem I've managed to exterminate a few but I've got some loose ones yet. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great movies there! 'Gone with the Wind' is one of my all-time favorites! Love all the quotes, too!

    You must enjoy doing things yourself, too. That's a big job that you are doing with your patio covering! And, yes, I am doing my ceramic work by myself. I love doing stuff like that! It's a mess yet in there, but I'll get it done...eventually! I work slower now than I did 20 years ago! I did my large foyer myself....that took me a good while with my back, though. We built so many new homes over the years, each time we were transferred, so I was on site from morning til the workers left for the day. I learned alot just from watching and asking questions. Then I worked for a builder selling his new homes, and I learned even more from him. So I am not afraid to tackle anything! I just wish we were allowed to build a room on the back of our homes here...cause I would add a cattery for all these cats....and then I could gain control of my home again. ha-ha

    Have a great Easter weekend now!

    ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  20. jettied4/09/2009

    i love theses!! you should send them to the politicins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo, 3 from Butch and Sundance. My fav from that movie is "Got enough dynamite there, Butch?"

    My 13 Cs are up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL...what a great idea. Loved your list. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jack Sparrrow...absolutely my favorite character of any movie anytime, anywhere, anyhow. I suspect that most real pirates would be totally offended that we think they are like Jack. :))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great quotes! I love the Jack Nicholson quote. We use it quite a bit around our home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. In Butch Cassidy my favorite is when Sundance tells him as they are perched on the cliff overlooking the river gorge that he doesn't want to jump because he is afraid of heights and Butch laughs and gives us that crinkly mischevious smile and says, "hell, the fall will kill ya!"

    ReplyDelete

.