“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Wednesday, January 7th, 2009
12:32 A.M.


Join -Wordful Wednesday


If you at all, even seldom, follow my blog you may remember the Ladybug Perch I made for our cat, Winston, who loves to sit by the window and peer outside and watch the world go by. Well, today, I'm posting a long awaited update. A LONG time...like maybe seven-eight months?!!

To acquaint you with the special stool, I and Bud made for him, you'd have to go here first. This will open in a new window so you won't lose your place for this Wednesday's update photos. Let me tell you...he did NOT like the new contraption. Not one bit!!! And if you go to the link I just provided, you'll see just how he still got himself to watch outside withOUT touching foot/body onto the ladybug!....


Now let's begin here. Some of these photos were taken several months ago. At first I saw some small telltale signs of our dear little Winnie and his secret rendezvous with one certain ladybug stool!

Notice something that looks quite suspicious do you? Seems there is a bit of 'fur' that just doesn't belong here! Right?




But for weeks, all I found was just the hairs from his body. I never, EVER actually saw him make use of it. I figured he'd watch the world pass by when we were gone. That was the only logical...well, wait, he may have used it at night...but the blinds are pulled, he certainly wouldn't use it at night would he? Who knows what runs through a cat's mind.

Anyway,...this IS WORDFUL Wednesday right? Ya, okay...I'm being full of words again. To update you all...I finally caught him in the act!!!!! I never did use catnip as suggested either. He came around, and found out it is quite to his liking. He uses it often now that we all have seen him.

And here the little turd he is....

49 comments :

  1. the little turd, heee heeee heeeee. cats and parrots have habits that can drive me demented. i know they'll like it, but to convince them of that fact before they are ready....... yeah well, you may notice patience isn't my strongest virtue....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ! that's typical cat !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cat AND a funny story.

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kitten!
    My cat Elvis is the same. I had bought him a nice soft cuddly mouse to sleep on, but NO he likes to sleep in an ordinary cardboard box!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, funny little bugger! My favorite thing about cats is their "I do what I want" attitudes! They all seem to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a really beautiful kitty!

    Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute cat and a neat story:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe...caught him! we had a great old dog named Winston...a regal name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busted! Nice page...thanks for inviting me over :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww what a beautiful kitty! Loved the story too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! The little mischief maker is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I bet he loves to get his little paws in that ladybug fur and knead:) Cute pic of him in the act on the stool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story! Glad he finally made use of your cool stool! I would have cuddled right up on that big cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is a cute kitty!! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha.. the mystery was solved. Very cute cat and stool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH...they think they are so sly!! Love the stool. I would so bask in the window on that cute cushion/even though some stuffing was pulled out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am new here! What a great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sneeky little kitty. New to the blog. Off to go look around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So funny. He just wants you to know that he's in charge.

    LOVE your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a cat for you! So glad he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's so funny! Glad he finally likes his new perch!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is the cutest stool...I LOVE ladybugs...Glad your cat finally came around!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ♥liz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sneaky little buggers, aren't they? Mine seems to think that MY chair is HIS. So I'm sitting on the floor typing while he sits in the chair. So wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL ... a bit of persistence often leads to resolutions of these mysteries. I participated in Wordful Wednesday at Small Reflections today ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a WW...and as for the cat...typical and hilarious!
    ~Elyse~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cats are such funny creatures, and yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww. That is really cute. My cat would LOVE it.
    Thanks for visiting my WW!
    :) Robin
    cinnamon & honey

    ReplyDelete
  28. How funny!
    Love the ladybug stool! Glad he is finally using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Too funny! Glad you caught him!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I remember when you posted about this little stool for kitty. I'm glad he finally decided to use it. Too cute.
    BTW I'm glad you finally got your Jack in the Box. I didn't realize they didn't have they everywhere but guess not.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think that's a rather endearing story. Funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. ha - the fav spot for a cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  33. ha ha ha. Caught. He was pretty slick for a long time though!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are so good at making me smile, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your kitty is beautifu. How like a cat too. They never take suggestions, has to be their own idea. Funny

    ReplyDelete
  36. And yet we still love the "little turds"!! Congratulations on your patience, and staunch hard-headed refusal to move the perch. Ahn, but don't forget, sometimes in the future you WILL pay for this. :))

    ReplyDelete
  37. So funny. I needed a good laugh.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ha! I knew Winston would come around to your way of thinking and he was using it in secret. Cats are certainly cunning and he is one smart cat.

    Take care, Anni. Are you feeling any better? I am but still quite under the weather. I haven't been out of the house since last Friday.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOL! They always come around eventually. Kitty would have been on it in a FLASH! He has to try out every new surface that comes into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  40. darn cat! lol but look how inocent he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOL, caught in the act!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aww, what a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that your lovely lilac scarf arrived in today's mail. It's beautiful! Thanks so much for it. I still can't believe that I won.
    Your blog has a nice new facelift for the new year. Happy bloggin' in '09.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  44. Looks like he really likes it now!

    ReplyDelete
  45. A pretty spot for a pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete

.