my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Halloween Humor


-edition #81

1] You know you're too old for trick 'r treating if:
    When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and you can't remember the rest. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker. You ask for high fiber candy only. You get winded from knocking on the door.
2] When Trick 'r treating, avoid these houses:
    Any house whose only entrance goes to the basement. Any house that growls "get out." Any house that wasn't there only a minute ago...
3] Trick 'r treating by your 'sign'--
    Aries pushes the others aside to get to the door first. Taurus will only eat the finest of Swiss chocolates. Gemini goes around the neighborhood once, changes costumes and goes around again. Cancer stays at home and gives candy to the other trick-or-treaters. Leo plans their costume for months, then won't go out because someone else had the same idea. Virgo wears a neatly-pressed suit and tells everyone they're a bookkeeper. Libra is still standing in front of the closet trying to decide on a costume. Scorpio isn't in it for the candy. Sagittarius will manage to wander to the next town. Capricorn makes a list of all the houses that give good candy and the optimal route to take. Aquarius builds their costume out of spare flashlights and spends all night tinkering when it shorts. Pisces skips the whole thing to compose poetry to the Moon.
4] Pun on words: This guy goes to a Halloween party with a girl on his back. "What on earth are you?" asks the host. "I'm a snail," says the guy. "But... you have a girl on your back," replies the host. "Yeah, he says, "that's Michelle!"

5] If on Halloween, the appliances operate by themselves, LEAVE!!

6] Don't accept candy from the dead!

7] Stay OFF Elm Street!

8] If you completely forget it's Halloween:
    Answer the door dressed as a pilgrim. Stare at the trick-or-treaters for a moment, pretend to be confused, and start flipping through a calendar.
9] What do you call a ghost's mother and father?
    Transparents!
10] What do you get when you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern
by it's diameter?
    Pumpkin Pi.
11] Why can people near Beethoven's grave hear all his symphonies being played backwards?
    Because Beethoven is decomposing!
12] Vampire's Bar
    Three vampires walk into a bar.The waitress comes up to them and asks them what they'll have. The first vampire says, (Transylvanian accent inferred) "I'll have a glass of O Positive." The second vampire says, "I'll have a glass of AB Negative." The third vampire says, "I'm the designated driver. I'll just have a glass of plasma." The waitress turns toward the bartender and yells, "Gimme two bloods and one blood lite!"
13] A man is walking home alone late on Halloween night.
It's dark, and the streetlights are out. Suddenly, he hears

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

Behind him. He walks faster, but the sound keeps coming.

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

Worried he is being followed, he glances behind him and through the darkness, and he can just see an upright coffin.
No one seems to be holding the coffin; it's just bumping down the street behind him.
The man is scared. He's sure it's following him! In an effort to shake it off, her turns a corner. To his relief, the sound stops. He keeps walking but before a minute has passed, he hears the familiar sound behind him again:

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

He is terrified! He starts to run towards his home, but the faster he runs, the faster the coffin bounces along behind him!

Bumpity BUMP!

Bumpity BUMP!

Bumpity BUMP!

He pushes open his front gate, and runs up the path, fumbling for his keys. The coffin reaches the gate and effortlessly pushes it open. It's right behind him!!!
Finally his shaking hands manage to unlock his front door. He has no time to slam it behind him; the coffin is right on his heels! He rushes up the stairs, praying the coffin cannot climb after him.

BUMP!

BUMP!

BUMP!

The coffin pauses at the bottom of the stairs. The man breathes a sigh of relief but ...

clappity BUMP...

clappity BUMP...

clappity BUMP...

The coffin is now climbing the stairs behind him. He runs to the bathroom perhaps he can lock himself in there! His heart pounds and his lungs hurt with the exertion of running for his life! He has only just latched the bathroom door when ...

CRASH!!!

The coffin breaks through the bathroom door!

What can he do? The coffin is nearly upon him! He reaches out for something heavy that he can throw at the coffin, and his hand comes to rest on a large bottle of cough syrup.
Desperately, he throws the cough syrup as hard as he can at the coffin and...

...finally the coffin stops!!


~...end Thursday 13
[comment HERE to skip the Halloween Handouts]








<><><>

Friday is Halloween!!! Oh, yay I say!!!
The last of the treats'll be handed out,
and tho just another day, 'tis really quite so keen...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL! And to all a good day --I shout!

Here are the friends who will receive the Halloween treats from me today:

Kitten
Sandcastle Momma
Suzanne


...and here is the treat:



If you see your name above, click on the treat and it'll open in a new window, then click to save.


<><><>


I received this award Monday from Patricia!! It's awesome! Thank you. Thank you for thinking of me when you passed this on to your blog friends. It truly made me day!


45 comments :

  1. Thanks for the laughs, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I laughed out loud at these. Man-oh-man Anni, you are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I love my Halloween treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He He He. Thanks for the laugh. Wonderful TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were fun (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol....that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so funny, I had a good laugh!! Thats for the good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent Halloween post. Some great laughs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Thursday 13. I can't believe I didn't catch on to the coffin joke until the very end! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for that! I think #6 is the most important. I did a double take on #13 but I got there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the Halloween hilarity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all good...rotflamo regarding #6.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me giggle. I loved the comment about how your sign trick or treats. I am a Gemini and I was always jealous that I never had the courage to try changing my costume and going again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have w-a-a-a-y too much time on your hands. Wanna come over and eat chocolate with me? I'm a Cancer and will share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! Those were so bad, they were good! LOL Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I just loved your T13! Very funny!
    And thank you so much for my little treat!!!!
    Your are a true sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sad part is that I really *did* once dress up as a bookkeeper once...

    ReplyDelete
  18. You again made me smile. I especially like how a Gemini trick or treats since I am a Gemini. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great TT!!! Thanks for the late night laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was very funny. Thank you for the Halloween laughs.

    Say, I have a giveaway with LOTS of humor. I'll bet you would like it. Stop by to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very funny. I laughed myself silly. I especially enjoyed the Zodiac - I very much resembled the Capricorn and know others who resemble the rest.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so hilarious list, you really made our day! Happy TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    What a great Halloween post. I loved it rofl Thank for the laugh.

    Oh, photos you've been wanting on my Thursday post. Come see. ;-)

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni,

    This was great! I needed a good laugh. Funny, the Gemini sounds JUST like something I would do. No wonder I'm so confused all the time! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those were wonderful!!! I particularly liked nr 9, maybe I can remember it to tell it around, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you have me in stitches.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol ! and yes I will sit at home (I am a cancer) and wait for Halloween visitors !

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful halloween laugh! And I think the Capricorn thing was right on!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 4 ,10, 111 are my faves you never fail to leave laughing or groaning:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. *cough*cough*... evil glare I can't believe you made me read that whoooooole dumb joke! ROFL!!!

    VIRGO does NOT wear a neatly pressed business suit! Or maybe I'm a Gemini... with Capricorn rising...

    Or MAYBE I'm too busy for trick or treat because I'm stayin' home to DECORATE my kitchen! *sneak peek today!*

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are really funny! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That was a great, fun list, you had me laughing out loud. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That was too funny! I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Haha! That's great!!! Thanks for the laughs :)

    http://ashili.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I know why they call you Hoot in annie!! I love the "michelle" my shell too funny

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great 13! I remember telling that joke about the coffin when I was in sixth grade, which was a while ago. LOL. I'd forgotten it. Thanks for reminding me. It made my day and I have to say, you told it better. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Halloween! You are so much fun! Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOL! I enjoyed your TT, made me smile :)
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the one about TRANSPARENTS that is cute!! Hope you have a great Halloween tomorrow...Your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was howling with laughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I didn’t participate in T-13 today but I enjoyed your ‘Halloween’ focus. I chuckled all the way through (except when I groaned at a couple). Consider yourself Boo-ed! Go check my Small Reflections blog for specifics unless you decide you've had enough Halloween already!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  42. Those were great!

    Thanks for the treat! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  43. You had some funny stuff there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. ROFL omigosh, those jokes are hilarious! I'm still groaning at the "coffin" one though! hehe Congratulations on the well deserved award, your blog is always so beautifully decorated no matter what season or holiday:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.