my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Join Here



This week the prompt is "Line". Now y'all know I like movies. It's almost an obsession. If there aren't any good movies listed being aired on TV, I'm lost. I panic. No, not really, but I will slip in a DVD or even a VHS once in a while [I'm considered the lazy ones who don't like to stop the movie when done, and have to rewind it, so mostly it's DVDs in our house. LOL]

Anyway, some of my favorite quotes...LINE[S] from movies[not necessarily a favorite movie tho]:

From-

As Good As It Gets [starring Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt]
    "People who talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch."

Beverly Hills Cop [starring Eddie Murphy]
    "I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tail pipe!"
Few Good Men [starring Tom Cruise & Jack Nicholson]
    Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You want answers?"
    Daniel Kaffee: "I think I'm entitled."
    Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You want answers?"
    Daniel Kaffee: "I want the truth!"
    Col. Nathan R. Jessup: "You can't handle the truth!"


Jurrasic Park [starring Jeff Goldblum as Ian]
    Ian Malcolm: "God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs..."
    Dr. Ellie Sattler: "Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth..."


Casablanca [starring Ingrid Bergman & Humphrey Bogart]
    "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."


Lethal Weapon [starring Mel Gibson & Danny Glover]
    Roger Murtaugh: "I'm too old for this sh!t!"


Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid [starring Paul Newman-Robert Redford]
    Butch Cassidy: "I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys?"
and
    Butch Cassidy: "If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him."
and
    Butch Cassidy: "I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."


National Treasure [starring Nicholas Cage]
    [going through floor plans @ Library of Congress/&/Declaration of Independence]
    Ben Gates: "The preservation room. Enjoy. Go ahead. Do you know what the preservation room is for?"
    Riley Poole: "Delicious jams and jellies?"


Top Gun [starring Tom Cruise]
    "I feel the need - the need for speed!"


Jaws [starring Roy Scheider]

    [after seeing the size of the shark]
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat."



- - -




And last but not least, catch the 'punchLINE' that makes this funny...


An old sea captain with a wooden leg, a hook for a hand and a black patrch over one eye is telling a kid how he got his injuries: "It was a big sea battle, lad. A cannonball flew across the deck and took off me leg. Later a doctor friend fixed me up with this wooden one." "How did you lose your hand?" asks the kid. "The same battle, lad. The pirates, they boarded me ship and their captain, he whacked off me hand with his cutlass. Later, the doctor friend gave me this hook." The kid says. "I guess you lost your eye in the same battle." "No". says the captain. "I was looking up one day, and a crane crapped right in me eye." "Gee" says the kid "You mean the crane crap blinded you?." "No" the captain replies,"First day with me new hook."


The above image of a crane [heron] was taken a few weeks ago along Shoreline ['nother LINE!!] Drive here in Corpus Christi, just feet from the Ships' Channel and Harbor Bridge.


<><><>




Before you leave, today is International Fairy Day [thanks to Pea!]. Drop by her magical blog today and pick up your own personal Fairy name. Just for the fun of it! Tell her I, Yarrow Rainbowweb, sent you!

Your fairy is called Yarrow Rainbowweb
She is a fortune bringer.
She lives close to vixen and badger sets.
She is only seen in the mist of an early morning.
She dresses in black and white like a badger. She has multicoloured wings like a butterfly.

27 comments :

  1. Great one liner, but this is my favorite quote from what you listed, "Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth..."
    Oh yeah!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... that was strange. Somehow I left the comment for THIS post on your Fun Monday post. Dunno how it happened, but my computer IS doing weird stuph ... and I guess it skipped me down farther than I wanted to be ... and since you don't DATE your posts, I had no frame of reference.

    To be repetitiously redundant ... what I wanted to add here is:
    Wonderful idea today! I considered something similar briefly … then realized I couldn’t remember any movies (or lines from them) and abandoned the topic for something else. It’s up at Small Reflections … along with today’s Fun Monday post.

    I did enjoy all the t-shirt logos in your Fun Monday posting and am not going to try to find that one again to comment. It did make me want to take pix of some of MY fav tees ... but I'm just not gonna be obsessive!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi annie, I think I've visted you before. I came here this time thru forgetfulone.
    I Love your movie quotes especially A few good men. that was one of my fav. movies! There are so many good quotes in it.
    I am putting you on my reader, hope to visit again.
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me smile, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you asked for a photo of my dad's referee shirt today...it will be on my post tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your idea of great movie lines. I must admit that I really liked the Jurassic Park one.

    My HoT is up at my place:
    http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/#bevies_place29322

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent post!
    i enjoyed the jaws one...
    i remember being in the theater ... and when that shark rolled up out of the deep waters everybody in the theater gulped at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a collection of lines.

    mineis up!
    hope you can visit. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were some good lines. My favorite was the "You're gonna need a bigger boat" Ha! Great one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take with the movie lines! Arrgggh -- kooky joke there matey!

    I like the bigger boat quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking movie lines would make a good topic - you made it great! I love the line from "As Good as it Gets." And the hook at the end - terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you sure watch a lot of movies, heee heee heee. nice, i like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well good morning dear Yarrow Rainbowweb and Happy Fairy Day to you!! hehe It's a sunny, bright blue sky kind of morning so I think the faeries will be very happy today:-)

    Loved all the movie quotes and I can never get over how you can remember them all! I am familiar with all the ones you mention on here...all from excellent movies!! Groaned at the joke! LOL

    Have a wonderful day my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the lines! I like to quote movie lines too. It's always good for a laugh! One of my faves is from Fast times at ridgemont high..."don't know what happen' to em man"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved all your movie lines. This was a great Heads or Tails post.

    Your recipes sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoy your blog...so many fun and interesting things to check out!!! I am over 50 by about three years and totally love blogging, I got hooked after my daughters starting blogging and I didn't think I could get into it and wow was I surprised at myself!!! I love that you have recipe's on your comment spot...you're pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Butch Cassidy has always been one of my favorite movies. (My favorite line is a song lyric: "Never hit your mother with a shovel, for it leaves a dull impression on her mind ...") Screenwriter William Goldman wrote that he had to fight to keep the bifocal line in. Some Zanuck or another who was at the studio at the time said it was too anachronistic. Goldman had to produce proof that Ben Franklin wore bifocals in the 1700s. I'm glad he won that battle. (Thanks for visiting my HoT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gday Dear Anni,Great one liners. Wow how do you remember all those saying's.. Once I see a movie its gone , except Forest Gump.. "Life is like a box of Chocolates-----"

    Take care im off to watch the Tennis on Telly..... Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome movie quotes! Thank you for the morning smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Ya think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

    "Hell, the fall will probably kill you!"

    That is one movie I could (and have) watched over and over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni,

    I enjoyed your quotes and your fairy is hilarious.

    We are having a bright sunny day here and so far it's not too hot. It's going to be a busy afternoon. Hope yours is more relaxing. Now I'm off to Pea's to find my fairy.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an awesome idea for this theme! I love movies, too, just maybe not quite as much :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute lines. Sorry I have not been around for awhile. Things have been busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Classic lines!!! My fave is the Jaws line, and I use it often, even on land ;)

    Happy HOT day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What fun. I love movie lines and quotes.

    MANATEE OF VANITY, at Nickers and Ink

    Blessings,
    Linda

    PS: Don't forget to play at SIMPLY SNICKERS this week . . . posting new poetry prompts every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too funny! Love the movie lines! My husband and I have had a running joke for years from the movie 'Shoot to Kill'

    "See the moose?"

    So you're going to have to watch that one to get it. lol

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really must watch movies more. There never seems to be anything decent on our satellite and we don't have any place to get them. When I visit my sons in the summer we have a movieathon and I catch up. We can often watch 2 or 3 a night.

    ReplyDelete

.