“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









Creative Photography


<><><>


This particular photo is done with the macro setting on my camera. It's taken from my own backyard garden where we have figurines of Oriental objects. We have several vases of color, pagoda-style lanterns, all jutting up through the grounds, along with men, women, gods and such ---with the contrasting white. Also, along the objects, is a line of night lighting for effect. She is made of fired porcelain; I tried to capture a certain time of day when the sun casts a few shadows surrounding her and still have her as the focal point. She's embedded in a wooden forest blanket trying to accomplish an 'ancient and serene feeling' in her surroundings. I used my PaintShop Pro clone brush to add wood chips hiding some of the lighting wire. Is that being creative? LOL



13 comments :

  1. That is nice Anni. I remember you had those lawn ornaments in your yard in Colorado. It's 75 hear in the neighborhood. You wont believe it. And the river is getting real high at the banks. Your house you sold may be in danger of flodding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love oriental things ! Your picture is really beautiful I think you catched what you wanted !

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! nice photo for this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty creative, since I have no idea how to use Photoshop! We also have lots of figurines and garden gnomes and such! Your little oriental lovely seems to be much cleaner than ours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had my Paint Shop Pro for quite a number of years and still haven't learned how to do more than the basics!! I admire your creativity and I bet your garden looks awesome with the oriental theme!! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative Anni, thank you for your submission for Creative Photography.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful photo and lighting for her is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute.. and i love the recipe in the comment box.. nobody's gonna miss it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's beautiful

    your photo does her justice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photo and great recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, beautiful photo, Anni! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh fun idea to put recipes in the comment box!!

    Your photo is beautiful. You must have an interesting backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful shot. Great job on the paint brush!
    Scrapbooking and Photography

    ReplyDelete

.