my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






Join Here


The photos I'm sharing today are of the pink/magenta bougainvillea shrub just to the west of our patio doors. The bush was planted in a landscape-timber, hand made box. And three or four times during the growing season it shows off profusely. [the color on the bush is NOT blossoms ---they are called brackets] And you can find bougainvillea in many shades of magenta, to deep deep red. Some hybrids now are pastel yellows, whites and very pale pinks. And I took this photo for another purpose....to show you the copper tubing windchime Bud made in Tucson. When the wind hits it just right [it's quite heavy so it takes quite a gust of wind to catch the 'flapper'] the chime itself is very close to a distant church bell on a Sunday morn. It's a beautiful, peaceful sound. The longest tube is probably about 3 feet long. The complete windchime along with the 'flapper-clapper' would be near 4 feet in length.





But....then, when I drop the camera a bit lower...wait! What's this? Hiding in the bush? Why it's a few of those mischievous elves. They seem to flit all over our backyard ------



~...end Green Thumb Sunday
[scroll down for commenting link]

<><><>


Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.


She says ... and I think ...


01. Thug :: hoodlum
02. Slurp :: soup - noisy
03. Alley :: cat
04. Sweater vest :: professor
05. Targeted :: aimed
06. Snazzy :: jazzy
07. Oy! :: interjection - yiddish -vey [as in 'oy vey']
08. Jury duty :: abhor it!
09. Low fat :: diet
10. Responsibility :: parenting





~...end Unconscious Mutterings
[scroll down for commenting link]


<><><>



My Sunday Snippet is the day I post something that is most likely a bit of fun. Usually it's from the 'net news or a clipping of some kind from our local paper. But today it'll be a bit different....

While I was updating my profile, I moseyed over to some BLOGGERS OVER 50 & checked out Blogger's blogs' profiles and copied their profile questions & answers. Some are serious, while others well....:
    "You've been invited to a fancy ball but the only thing you have to wear is an orange wooly jumper. What shoes do you wear?"
    fuzzy bunny slippers! [Grams]

    - - -

    "You're going to the moon! What did you forget to pack?"
    My piano [Libertybelle BITW]

    - - -

    "Radio wire is often used to make bird nests. What station do they listen to?"
    101.5 FM Atlanta GA [Chatty Crone]

    - - -

    "You have to dig a hole to China. Where do you start?"
    My dishwasher. There's usually a good bit of china in there. [Turning Point]

    - - -

    "Whoops! Your tongue is now a magnet. Whatever will you use for silverware?"
    Plastic!! What else? Of course there'd be a problem with the lead that's in my ass. Just picture that would'ya? Not pretty. [Ummm, guess who - Moi?]

    - - -

    "The love potion you made tastes terrible. How will you drink it?"
    Whiskey can hide the taste of anything. [Matty]

    - - -

    "You've written a hit musical! How will you avoid having fame go to your head?"
    I'll wear a real tight scarf! [Amazing Gracie]

    - - -

    "The love potion you made tastes terrible. How will you drink it?"
    Add a little sugar...that helps anything!!! [Cozy Reader]



26 comments :

  1. Goon for me, hoodlum for you, same meaning different names, lol!. Oh, the professor. Anni, the word argyle, I misspelled it, I put two g, thank heavens for spell check :)

    Have a great week, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bougainvillea. I have a bush that's a purple-bluish color. It's blooming right now so if the rainstorm we had last night doesn't knock them all off I will try and get a picture on Monday (I am working until about nine tonight or I would get it today).

    ReplyDelete
  3. great mutterings! We had 3 matches this week. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Anni,
    I know, I know, it's been a while since I've been by to visit. I did have some computer problems earlier and then I posted last Wednesday and didn't have time to really visit anyone. Seems like I just don't have time for anything but being on the go right now. LOL. I did put up a new post this morning and some pictures as well. The windchime that Bud made in Tuscon is just beautiful. I bet you do enjoy listening to it when a good wind blows. I bet it is very serene. The Pink/Magenta Shrub is beautiful too. The little elves are just adorable and I know they fit in really well in your backyard. I really enjoyed your Sunday Snippets you got from the other bloggers. I really like the one about the dishwasher. LOL. That was just too funny. I am going to plant me some flowers and a rose bush if it ever quits all this raining around here. I hope since May is just around the corner, the temperatures and the weather will get to some normalcy. I am out visiting some this morning and of course, I had to drop by here first. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bougainvillea, unfortunately the last three I planted didn't make it I guess my problem was I got distracted with my roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- another change in blog graphics! I have enough senior moments as is!

    Anyways, we matched on a few mutterings and I was trying to think of hoodlums myself, but couldn't remember.

    I think you would get a laugh out of my Jury Duty -- so if you need to add a bit of laughter to your day, stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never planted Bougainvillea. Yours is so beautiful, Anni! And I LOVE the windchimes. I bet they sound wonderful :)

    Your Sunday Snippets were funny. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Love your GTS. What lovely brackets...and the windchime Bud made is wonderful. I would love to have one like that. I enjoy the sound of distant church bells. Michelle has a bamboo one that clacks when the wind blows. I have a couple of small windchimes, but am looking for a larger one.

    Enjoyed your Sunday Snippets. I had looked at many people's profiles but never really noticed the questions and answers. I will pay more attention now.

    Rhubarb? Mom used to boil it, add a bit of sugar and serve it to us in fruit bowls. It is good like that and I love rhubarb pie. That is what I usually make with it. Sugar free (splend*a) rhubarb pie. Delicious and then I can have a larger portion, which doesn't help my weight. It is one of my favorites. If the yield is enough, I freeze some of pies during the winter.

    Take care, my friend. Have a great Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mutterings.:)
    But I loved the Sunday Snippets! Great to have a little laugh first thing in the morning, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so you know … your ‘link’ at the UM site doesn’t ‘work’ today.

    My previous neighbor had a HUGE Bougainvilla she let get ‘out of control’ … so I’m relieved my new neighbors removed it … though I did enjoy it’s color ‘brackets’ …(I didn’t know they weren’t blossoms). I love wind-chimes!!! Those mischievous elves DO get around don’t they?

    Enjoyed your ‘mutterings’ … dunno why ‘cat’ didn’t occur to me for alley this morning. Love your responses for #4 and 10!

    It’s always fun to see what you share for Sunday Snippets ;--)

    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, I love the Sunday Snippets and reading all of them! Carrie lives in Mexico and where she lives they have tons of Bougainvilla. It is beautiful! Have a woderful Sunday! Love and Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute - what a great idea! I love the china in the dishwasher - that is a hoot!!!
    Thanks for adding me sweetie!!
    Love ya
    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ew I like the tiger! You really snaz things up here - Snazzy blog! ;)

    From what I've seen, it looks like a lot of people either put Oy Vey or thought it said Oyl - so Olive. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, I love the photos of that shrub! It is beautiful.

    Great mutterings. I also thought of hoodlum and soup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello There, Thanks for visiting my blog, I always love to meet new friends. I love your flowers and your wind chime!!! How beautiful. Enjoyed your blog hope to chat with you again:)
    Blessings
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bougainvillea. Do you know the cultivar name? Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bougainvillea. Do you know the cultivar name? Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like we did get quite a few matches on mutterings this week!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting my Mutterings! I like yours as well. My professors were all blazer men, no sweater vests among the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Here I am. A bit late, but it has been a bussy day here.

    Before I forget, I love the donorgraphic you have. It's beautiful!

    I love the sayings and your mutterings. And the new look.

    He's looking strong.

    I hope your day is OK.
    Here it's almost summer, so warm.
    Just for a day, but it was nice.

    You can find my mutterings ::here::

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey sweet one, hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great mutterings. Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So that's the connection of oy vey! I didn't know it is yiddish but I have seen many folks answering this. :D

    Week 274

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for visiting my blog. Oh, and I was wondering why oy vey. Anyway, love your answer for sweater vest. Professor. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely LOVE those little elves in your garden! TOO cute!

    Cute idea with the profile questions too!

    (your sunday post didn't show up on Google until this morning... weird)

    ReplyDelete
  26. every once and a while reader just refuses to acknowledge that the blog exist.
    I like Google Reader for the simple reason I know who has a new post and when.

    I like the changes that you made to the site as well.

    ReplyDelete

.