my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Most of us have a bad habit we are constantly trying to break.
For me, it's biting my fingernails.
One day I told my husband about my latest solution: press-on nails.
"Great idea, honey," he smiled. "You can eat them straight out of the box."







Our host for this week's Fun Monday is: The Lurchers, and our mission ,if we choose to accept, is simple:
    I'm going to make it a nice and easy Fun Monday this week. All I want you to do is take me on your favourite walk. In words or pictures. Or both of course! Tell me why it's your favourite and point out things of interest on the way.
Easy, oh so easy; as I faithfully try to walk every day. But as I said, my routine walking isn't exciting at all. It's just getting outdoors early in the morning and breathing the fresh air and enjoying the peace and quiet before the hustle and bustle of the city's traffic. Usually before anyone else is up and at 'em for the day. It's such a quiet time. Alas, those walks are very mundane. Before dawn-to sunrise. Then, nothing but houses of the 'hood.

I will take you on just a few of my favorite places to walk tho... gorgeous....

Naturally, my first and foremost favorite spot[s] is/are all the beaches around our area. From Rockport, Texas [just a few miles across the Harbor Bridge here in Corpus <— oh ya, you CAN walk across the bridge if you're insane!!! Not me, no way, no how!!!] where the fishing vessels early in the day to mid day are abundant. The area is very quaint and peaceful - to our local beaches. But, in my first photo; this particular time I got an early morning photo of the sunrise. But not of Rockport. Hey, like I said, early in the morning is my favorite time of day to do my walking........

This photo is taken on Mustang Island.


Then, another favorite spot to walk is the park just close to a bay area. It's a great place to walk, and do another favorite of my pastimes...birdwatching. If you're lucky and time it just right during the day/season, you'll see these [rosetta spoonbills -yes, they're naturally pink in color] flying above your head, or perhaps scrounging the marshlands near shore for fish. When you're driving around the area, they can be seen in the sky...they're gorgeous when the sun hits them!!! When I plan on walking this park, walkway, I take my binoculars. The boardwalk ends several feet off the bay as to not disturb the fowl in any way because it's a protected area. [Flowers trees marsh grasslands are abundant in the area. Oh, and reptiles too! I have seen several snakes, and with the marshlands, I really wouldn't be surprised if I see an alligator...they've been known to frequent this area also!!




Again, over the Harbor Bridge just a few miles up the road, walking along the shores, you can see the most beautiful scenery around --


[now THIS in Rockport]

---oh, and inclement weather, I hit the malls!!!


~...end Fun Monday
[scroll down beyond blog award for comment link]


Kitten is our host for next week.


<><><>



I made this award/gift a few weeks ago, and first handed it out to thirteen of my favorite blogs. I think it's high time to hand it out to others again....


As I somewhat stated in the previous award hand out:

Since it's my award to give, I personally like the bloggers who have a great outlook, ones who don't continually complain over such trivial things in their blogs like a backache, or a cold...you know the 'woe is me' kind --[sorry people, but in my take on life, there are so many others in the whole world that have much more reason to feel down and out, with no means of support, hunger, homelessness, job layoffs, etc. etc. etc.] Even I've had many a chance to say "Oh look at me....I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree". But, in all that has been dealt I try to find the silver lining..."God gives me what I can handle...work with it, Anni, stop your whining" and make the best of it!!! Others may not agree with that, but I strongly believe that for all things, there is a reason. There perhaps is a strong learning process that goes with what is handed over in life- i.e., ...Tolerance, giving against your will, learning from your error[s], faith, or even disbelief and then hopefully finding it again, joy, being able to laugh at trivial things [another philosophy in life I've learned the hard way is to say "100 years from now it'll make no difference"], self-discipline --I could go on...so, so many things. I've also learned that it's not always easy; that there are challenges given to us to become a stronger person. And, I'm not stating this in any means that you are in agreement...it's my outtake only. Today, I choose others that are willing to strive in the trials and tribulations [from what I read in their blogging style] and see a rose, stop and smell it, and enjoy living!!! They are the givers--------

So, this time, the list begins here:

Mary at Mary's Treasured Memories

Mar at Maremagnum

Ellen at Happy Wonderer

Mike at Rambling Stuff

Betty at Betty's This and That

Junie at Junie's Place


It's a gift from me...I know that you know that YOU ROCK!!!! [no need to pass this on either...it's for you and you only for now.]




LEFT click to enlarge it and then save when it opens in a new window.

44 comments :

  1. Anni,

    So far I am first, so can't talk too long or someone will beat me to it.

    Loved your photos of the places where you walk. You have seen one place where I walk along the canal. I love seeing the birds as well. I need a pair of binoculars.

    Congrats to all those who received the award. I love mine.

    Take care and have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,thanks for the ewe rock.I'm gonna post it in 2 places my regular site and my awards site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first photo is absolutely breathtaking!! You have taken us on a beautiful walk..thanks Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely walking places! Just beautiful! Giggling at the nails joke! I know a few people who are also guilty of nail biting! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I should invite myself to your place, because it looks so beautiful ! I even would walk !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come back to tell you that I don't see you in my Google Reader, I suppose it's because you changed your blog dress into a tiger !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anni,
    I must first tell you that I love your new header. I meant to tell you that yesterday, but I guess it slipt my mind. I love the bad habit about you biting your nails and your hubby saying you could eat the press on nails straight from the box. ROFLMBO. I used to bite my nails a long time ago, but I finally quit. My nails aren't strong, so that is why I like to have those nails put on that I got a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you should give that a try. LOL. I so enjoyed going on the walks with you. The pictures are some beautiful places and I really love the first picture of Mustang Island. The Ocean looks a bit rough in that picture tho, but maybe that is how it's suppose to be. "CONGRATULATION'S" on all who you gave your Award to. It's a chilly morning here. It is 43 degrees and it's suppose to get down to 39 degrees here tonight. I had to turn the heat back on this morning. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, let me say I love your latest theme...tigers are always awesome.

    Now, I LOVE your walking places!! Beautiful scenery always makes a walk more enjoyable. Much better than the mall (to me at least, but there are some who'd find the mall scenery more to their tastes, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren’t we the lucky ones to live near such beautiful places to walk at the beach!!! Your ‘sunset’ (or sunrise?) thumbnails are wonderful … and the ‘flock in flight’ a marvelous capture as well. I do the same as you in ‘inclement’ weather ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear one, we have quite a bit in common. I love to walk, it is so wonderful to be out in nature. Also, I have the same bad habit, biting my fingernails. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely walks, Anni!! beautiful shots too. I must admit I go for a walk in the mall not only when bad weather hits town ;)

    You make great awards, how can I thank you for pickin' me??? I don't deserve it, so I am grabbing it quickly and running away with my precious award, to be proudly displayed on my site. Thank you ever so much, Anni, you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dear Anni, Oh I loved going on your walk and such Beautiful Photo's..
    LOL I used to bite my nails and made them so sore, then one day decided I would like to put polish on them of course they looked terrible, so decided to buy pale polish keep painting them if i wanted my hands to look nice I had to have willpower and let my nail grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a walk with you...love the photos!!! Happy Fun Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures are just beautiful! I know I would walk more if I could look at things like that on my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. NOTE:No, I don't bite my nails......

    It's a joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never been to the Texas shore, just the rest of Texas. I'll have to make a detour the next time we drive thru. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forgot to say, I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your beach photos are amaziing. I walk on the beach as often as I can - which is about twice a year.

    Love your wild new look!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your beach photos are amaziing. I walk on the beach as often as I can - which is about twice a year.

    Love your wild new look!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni,
    It's great that you get out and walk everyday. Your husband sounds like a great guy to have around "just eat them straight out of the box" !!
    Thanks so much for the award. You are always impressing me with your graphics! I love this "ewe" one. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to walk with YOU!!
    Those pictures are worthy of hanging on a wall, lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi again Anni! I posted my award on my fun monday post. Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Walks are so refreshing for the body and mind. Yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos!! Wow!! I love the beach and the ocean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni, that was such a lovely walk! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. great post.
    and i love the WB poem one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, my gosh, those sunset pictures could be published, just beautiful!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've said it before - but it bears repeating - I wish I could come walk in YOUR neighborhood! LOL! (actually... I do walk on OUR beach ... but I have to drive 15 minutes to get there!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! & Peaceful!
    What a beautiful award!
    OMGees! I liked to fell out when I saw you new layout on your blog. My mouth is drooling!!! Even thou my favorite cat is a Panther, This would look sooooooooooo good on my blog. I just had to tell you how beautiful it was and how much I lusted over it. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - you have some gorgeous sunsets (or rises) over the water. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sunset on the beach how relaxing even if it was just in our heads thanks, what a selection to choose from. New header I see what's with the CAT?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks, Anni, for the award!

    It's a great compliment to be thought of as someone who rocks! (at my age!! ;) )


    ...as for where I walk- I'm not doing muuch of that just now!....but I might come up with something!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really!?! That would be awesome!! I love black panthers. We use to have them around here, but that was years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I used to be a morning person but nowadays I prefer walking in the late afternoon early evening.

    It doesn't matter what time of day one walks what is important is being connected to the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dearest Anni,

    How I'd love to go for a walk with you:-) But, we'd probably never notice anything because we'd be too busy talking! lol I love going for walks and admiring nature at the same time...I've never thought of bringing my binoculars with me, only my camera. Must remember the binoculars!!

    I'm hoping to become a more regular commenter again...just too many things taking my time lately and haven't been able to visit my dear friends!! I still can't add you on my Bloglines or Google Reader...says no such feed. I won't forget you though! lol

    Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great walk, and I just loved the pink birds, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love what your husband said about just eating the nails right out of the box. That is really clever!! Way to go BUD!!
    I must complain too much on my blog..sorry but I just tell it as it is and lately it has not been the best!! i try to keep things upbeat but i write like I feel..OOPS...Oh well. Take care and many blessings, Sandy

    * * No, Sandy that about biting nails is a joke. A joke only!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have a great new header since I was here last time. How lovely to be so close to lovely beach walks~ I'll join you on a walk anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Glad you enjoyed the walk through IKEA and I hope you don't mind this "general" comment, I'm running out of time for individual answers.

    ReplyDelete
  41. That first photo is stunning! They all are, but that first one... I hope you have it framed and enlarged and on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anni, I can see why you wanted to live in this part of "heaven"--all the water you would want.
    Love your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the new look. And your photos are beautiful, I love those birds. And your painting above is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanx for the Corpus memories. :0) Is it time for he turtle hatching on the shores?

    I love your first shot! Beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete

.