“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







Join Here




April 8th
Express



A Baseball Game we attended. The Corpus Christi Hooks versus the Round Rock [Texas] EXPRESS!!! As most of you know let me express my love of baseball. For me, the months from February[spring training] to October are the best months 'cause of the game!





<><><>


Melli left me a comment Sunday ---"ROFLMBO! Anni... I'm off to make an award JUST for YOU! Your post today inspired it... and I GOTTA do it! I just can't help myself!!! I'll be back..."

She came back! With this------




ROFLMAO...just think Melli, now that I have all the EXTRA hands to type with, what nonsense I can come up with with great speed. Watch out blogworld!!!

[Thanks Melli....you really made my day fill with laughter. --I promise, I'll shut up now. Well at least for the day ---:::zip a lock::: Oh, well, I'm here, I might as well add "Who's the one who said Silence is Golden? No relation of mine, guaranteed!!!]


<><><>

RUBY TUESDAY


I was tagged by
Cheerio at Cheer Up to do this ruby meme. It originated here at World So Wide. It's quite simple, according to the rules below.


What are the rules?

A. Create a post that has the word or color RUBY or something else RUBY-related or TUESDAY-related in it.
B. In your post, create a link to this Ruby Tuesday meme invitation.
C. Leave a comment here.
D. That's all!

Okay, the only thing I could really come up with for the fact that would pertain to me personally is some of my ruby glass collection. It all began with this candy dish that Bud surprised me with while on our honeymoon [pictured]. It then turned into an obsession of sorts. I've long since stopped buying ruby glass only because if I continued with this collection, I would have no room in the house. LOL In all honesty I have too much now the way it is, and I've downsized over the years. Why? Because when my father died, I was the one that lived in the same city....I was the one who had to ask the same of my other siblings "What do you want of the folks stuff?" Well, what wasn't shipped out to them, I got. And I've slowly given pieces here and pieces there to our son and daughter, nieces and nephews. But I did keep some things that brought back such good memories of my youth. Mostly what I kept are now considered antiques. And with those items, no room for ruby glass!!

So, I got carried away a bit there....thing is, if I want to keep my parents' things, I need to conserve on collecting other things. Otherwise they'd all be packed away and not worth keeping because I can 'see them daily' ---y'know?

In turn, my ruby glass items are just a small collection. And at the top of all the 'prizes', sitting pretty...the ruby glass candy dish from 1968!! On our honeymoon!!!



<><><>

ADDED: More awards received overnight, and others I found on my computer that I kept forgetting to add to my blogging entries:



Thank You Mary!! I really appreciate the thought!!


Thanks Storyteller!!! This award is adorable. I must apologize tho, for not adding this in a timely manner.


This one is just too adorable! I love it. Again, I feel a need to apologize for not adding this as I received it. Forgive me.


This one, as the award just above, was given to me by Pretty Life Online. It's a hoot! I like awards, and I like things that make me smile!! Thanks so much!!!



Karen, thanks!!! You know that YOU MAKE My day too!! I love this award. It's so sweet!!


I love this one Mary!!! Being a blogger and having friends who visit and chat as we live our day to day existence online IS A PERFECT blend!!! Thanks my friend!!!

37 comments :

  1. You totally rock the blog world sweetie, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,

    You are awesome and I love the award that Melli made especially for you.

    Love that ruby glass and enjoyed the meme. I didn't know you had just been tagged and tagged you for another. If you'd rather not, that is fine too. However, I would love to read your answers to the questions. ;-)

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love the award Melli made specially for youuuu!! Love it, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This award is priceless ! She really is something, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Anni,
    I am like you, but I love softball better. Even tho I feel like they start way too early, and it ends way too soon myself. They need to have it where the girls can play softball when School is out and play up till School starts back. That way it will give them something to do all Summer long. Both of their Season ends on May 31st. I so love the Award that Melli made just for you. "CONGRATULATION'S" on the very well deserved Award she made for you. I must say, I love all the little hands coming from the fingers. LOL. I am LOL so hard I can barely type. LOL. I enjoyed your Meme and your Ruby Red Glass that Bud bought you on your honeymoon. I know that piece has special meaning to you. I know what you mean about downsizing. I've had to get rid of somethings that I have had before me and my DH got married. One never knows how much stuff they have until they go to moving. LOL. "CONGRATULATION'S" on all of the very well deserved Awards you received also. I love the VISA Award and that is so cool. You are most welcome for the Award that I gave you. You make my day too and as you already know, you are the first person I visit every morning. I did put up a new post this morning. Not alot has been going on around here, so it is short. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserved that awards and really made for you!!! Thanks for stopping by.... Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, being an aussie, i really don't know all that much about baseball! i played softball as a kid... but baseball really isn't big over here! poor old australia, behind on the times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you expressed yourself very well :) Happy HOT day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today is opening day for the Red Sox! Yeah Spring!!!

    I know it's really here when I can send the twins off to school with baseball caps! It was such a cold and snowy winter.

    It is a great season to be a fan! We all love the game here!

    It seems you have lots of fans too! Great awards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an award winning blogger for sure!!
    Glad that you liked my site!! I just needed and wanted a change so just had to do it!! it is like moving furniture around..tee hee!!
    Hope your day is great!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing says spring & summer like baseball! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awards is another form of expression.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the awards are great, but I especially love that one made especially for you. So funny!

    The candy dish from your honeymoon is gorgeous, and I understand how you can easily have too much of a good thing. The memories tied to an object are the important thing, more so than the actual object.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni,

    Came back for another peek at today's post and see you have added more awards. You are most deserving for all of them.

    Last night when I visited, I was in a rush, as it was late. I would like to see more of your ruby glass collection. Mom also collects it - if and when you have time.

    Love and blessings for a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Well... I see you've put your fingers to the test again today!!! I've always liked Ruby glass too -- I've never bought any though... I was too busy buying Cobalt Blue glass - which I have now gotten all rid of! I'm debunking my home of all clutter and collectibles have been hit HARD in the process! I'm just sick of it all! I know 10 years from now I'll be bootin' myself in the butt --- but right now, I just want it ALL outta hear!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aahh...can't wait to get out to the ballfield. Thanks for visiting my blog and congrats on ALL those awards! I've never seen so many!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! My brother lives in Corpus! :)

    LOL at the award Melli made you and congrats on all the others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing! I tried to emulate you yesterday in my Meme Monday post on Friendship Circles, but methinks posting multiple things isn’t my cup of tea ;--)

    I’m glad you enjoyed the award I passed along … and congratulations on all the others. The one with the Beagle is adorable, but I’ve not seen any of the others before. They’re all very ‘cool’ indeed!

    I finally managed to do a Heads or Tails post this week but was unable to come up with a Fun Monday ‘crush’ post. I liked YOURS, however. You’re totally awesome woman!

    A question -- Is there a way I can get my other blog (Sacred Ruminations) added to the Bloggers Over 50 Blogroll? The link is in my sidebar at Small Reflections.

    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved your Heads or Tails expression :)
    What beautiful awards and all very much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love baseball too, but I sure miss being able to watch my beloved Cleveland Indians.

    Hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your visits to Small Reflections and Sacred Ruminations today. I've just added the Memory Mints logo to my 2nd blog and it links with Bloggers over 50 directly. I've also included a link to Small Reflections (underneath the logo) where the Bloggers Over 50 exists in my sidebar along with all the other Blogrolls I share for a variety of groups. Will this do?
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the wonderful awards! And I LOVE your ruby glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on all your lovely awards! The one from Melli cracked me up! I will never again be able to read your combined posts without seeing those tiny hands on the end of your fingers...LOL!!! I do not always get my awards and meme's done like I should either. There is always hope for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! My son is playing baseball for the first time in five years, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Anni, you really are a HOOT! You've really Expressed yourself here. Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great combined post.
    Ruby Glass -- gee, I had not thought of that for decades!
    I love all those little awards, they are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I live for baseball!!! My Red Sox got their WS rings today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love baseball too! What a coincidence. And those small team games are the best games! Have a happy week, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You deserve all those awards. The ruby glass is stunning. I may need to find some and buy it.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great awards and you deserved them all!

    Yeah, watching games bring lots of expressions!

    Thanks for the visits!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoa!!!!
    Congratulations!
    I like those many hands picture!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi! You really make the days of all bloggers!
    You have such a nice and entertaining site!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Anni ~~ Congratulations on all your awards - well deserved. I love
    the red glass cany dish and a lovely
    memory from your honeymoon. I love your favorite poem ~~ a really nice one. Thank you so much for your kind comments about my blog. I thank you for the nice words, glad you enjoy.
    I try to put a variety on that will appeal to some. Thanks so much Anni.
    Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh we are dreaming of retiring (for the second time) to Round Rock...I love.love.love. it. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello on my HoT post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I learned something. I never would have known there was a base ball team called Express.

    Baseball seems very similar to Rounders which we used to play in school in UK.

    Thanks for coming over to my place and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Anni. Baseball is always entertaining to watch.

    Congratulations on all those wonderful awards. You deserve each one. I think it's so nice to see the Perfect Blend of Friendship Award that I started. It's nice to see it reach the hearts of others.

    Take care and enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

.