my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds










Normally, about this time o' day, I am doing my exercise routine. And NORMALLY you can find me unclad so I can jump on the scales afterward to weigh in. Without hubby anywhere around to watch. BUT our hostess has asked me kindly [under great duress from me, I might add, I'm inclined to oblige her] to keep my clothes on just for the Fun Monday'ers. I guess so I won't scare them away? So.....
this is the best I can do today Swampy!!! I'm being rather good 'bout this, tho it really isn't the 'norm' at my place. And as I exercise, hubby is too close for comfort. 'Cause I'm doing my routine right now as I think of 26 ways, then jotting them down as I labor, to describe the subject. I'm trying desperately to ignore the fact that he's very close....

Hootin Anni: "Now hold on.........you can take that hot iron, and those hair trimmers away!!" "This body is made of wrinkle free material, and I've worked long and hard getting my armpit hairs to this style." "And I am known to fluff up real nice in the dryer!!" "And when I come out, I'm static free too!!" "Yes sir....fresh as a daisy, nice and fluffy...." Rest assured---------





Hubby: "For God's sake woman, why are you doing this in this room today?" "My coffee now tastes awful weird!! "What's wrong with the bathroom today, like you always do?" "Must you do this here?!!" "Besides, you're scaring the cats!!!"

- - -


The Swamp Witch has gone and done it now....we're doin' our ABC's!!! Yep, you read that right. And the best part of it is...I can break the rules. I love being a rule breaker y'know!!! And I think, tho a great challenge, this will be fun to do and read other FM'ers as I visit. So, here goes:

Fun Monday Challenge for March 24:
    Choose a topic/theme and make an alphabetical list of words, phrases, photos...however you want to share your topic/theme. Topics can range from pet-peeves, vacations, people who have influenced your life, jokes, favorites, philosopher's quotes/sayings, birds, flowers...anything. The sky is the limit. Your ABC list can be depicted with words, photos, illustrations... You are limited only by your imagination. Be funny. Be serious. Be creative. Be sarcastic. Be there, or be square. And, yes, of course you may bend the rules [hot diggity dog!!] Just entertain us. If you can't do all TWENTY-SIX, do as many as you can. (If you have kiddos, let them join the fun and help with the list. Make it a family, brainstorming session.)
Now since she said the sky is the limit. I thought, why not? Go for it Anni!! Do sky!! There is no limit in the sky. I should be able to come up with 26 words to associate with it, right?

A -Azure. You know, blue. Have you ever wondered why we say blue when we're really not sure blue is blue? Just 'cause we were taught that blue is this color and not that color...that makes me azure. Oops, wrong!!! Learning that azure is blue and not knowing any differently makes me blue!!! Ya blue, not azure.

B -Bird Look up in the sky, it's a plane, it's Superman....:::droppings::: no, it's a bird!!!

C -Contrail 'nough said. Airplane exhaust. I've always wondered why some days you see jets high in the sky without 'em and other days the sky is filled with wispy contrails. Guess it's air pressure or something like that. A scientist I'm not!! Aha! You thought I'd type 'cloud' didn't you? That's reserved for later...

D -Davenport, Iowa. Oh wait. That's nothing to do with sky OR LIMIT for that matter. Have you ever been to Davenport? Believe me, I have, and there is nothing there you could write home about!!! D huh? Let's see what can I come up with. Doo doo...no, not sky here either unless you're throwing it through the sky to your opponent in a doo doo toss. But, on those thoughts----Dove doo doo!!! Yes!!! It falls through the sky. I seem to have shi droppings on the brain, don't I?!! Moving on.....

E -Evening sky. Oh ya, sure, now I'm being poetic. The evening sky IS something to behold. The sparkle of the stars, the moonglow, the dark peaceful feeling of absolute quiet. Ya baby...that's Heaven!!!! Golly, I got my "H" all set now, don't I? HEAVEN! But, I'm not to the "H" yet...hang on.

F -Flurries. As much as I hate snow flurries, they ARE seen in the sky. But gimme no snow and it's heaven. Again, heaven? What does this all mean? I'm in a rut I tellya!!! Either that or I'm trying to influence the Big Guy to let him know that I'm worthy of residing there sometime in the future! :::shrug:::

G -Golden rays. Sun. Sunrise, sunset...high noon....Golden!!! [unless you live in Arizona...the sun seems to be a whole new color. Well, lack of color pigmentation through the eyes of this chick...it's WHITE hot.

H -Heaven. Whaddya expect?!!! A poem? I said this already above...move on down!!!!

I -Ice Cream....you scream we all scream for ice cream. No? Not sky related again to be sure, I know, I know. Okay...ICE as in ice storms...in the azure blue sky that's turned evening black falling on the grand town of Davenport Iowa, and the doves have long disappeared into the distant contrails searching for the golden arches rays!!

J -Jetstreams. See above "C"....no wait, once again, I'm not a scientist like I said. I guess jetstreams are what meteorologists call wind current and NOT coming from the anal parts of a jet leaving behind the contrails. Tho you can't actually 'see' jetstreams, they're there in the sky. Trust me.

K -Kites!! Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman....no, it's a..... kite!!! And a tree....and hard strong jetstreams/wind currents....the tree is in the way....look out!!! :::crash::: Typical of my kite flying expertise. I told Bud that my crabgrass/grab ass 'tail' [as in kite's tail of course] isn't big enough....he prefers to beg to differ with me on that subject tho. [If you weren't here last week, you have no idea what I'm referring to, do you? Yet, at that point in time, I wasn't referring to a kite at all.]

L -Light beams! Yes, that's what I typed. Light beams. Don't look so puzzled!! I see 'em. Don't you? Search lights...at night...reflecting on the clouds [I told you that clouds would come in my list somewhere...see?]

M -Moon Halo. Most frequently my blog guests ask for, is an explanation of the phenomenon seen around the moon at times... a halo of light around the Moon. And I tell them....The halo always has a diameter of 22°, which gives a clue to its cause. High in the atmosphere, under certain conditions, ice crystals form - millions of them, all with the same shape: an elongated hexagon. As the light of the Moon passes through these crystals it is refracted by 22°, hence the size of the halo. The same thing can happen during the day with light from the Sun, though because of the bright sky it is less noticeable. [Oh and I must confess --the degrees and such found here isn't accurate...just typed out of the blue!!!]

N -Neptune High in the sky....about 2.7 degrees North Longitude by 1.5 degrees Latitude and way HIGH is Neptune. Neptune possesses the conventional attributes of an Olympian god. Like all Olympians he is immortal: he has not aged since reaching adulthood and cannot die by any conventional means. He is immune to all Earthly diseases and is resistant to conventional injury. So, don't be surprised some night when you're out there searching for UFOs [Ha!!! I got me a "U" now too!] ...that you don't see Neptune dancing with the stars [which reminds me, who's gonna win the trophy this season?] holding his trident!! [degrees again man....no worth to this....honest!]

O -Orion's Belt. I swear, you hafta be some kinda genius or psychic to see these supposed objects in the sky!!! Or possess a very strong imagination!!! I am a night sky watcher with telescope and all, and I know what Orion's belt actually is...why it's nothing but stars all in a row...I see no buckle, I see no holes punched in the leather [I don't see leather either for that matter!]...unless of course the distance between the stars, the black part...oh my gosh, I shoulda used Black Holes for my "B"...can I go change it? I should, huh? After all with Bird leftovers on my shirt right now, as my "B" suggests, something needs to be changed!!!

P -Planets, Plane Particuses [that's a scientific term for engine parts], Pluto [that too is scientificus in nature...a dog!], Particles [as in dust]. Boy, that's a lot of "P's"...ya, that too. The spacecrafts carrying humans in orbit...where do you think their 'refuse' goes? Yep!! Their "p" bags are emptied in the vast wonders of space...floating around, perhaps becoming part of the ice storms? Or the "Other" P word....sure, they tell us that they're meteors when we know darn good and well that the meteor we see flying to Earth is brown and textured if you get my 'drift'! You can't fool me!!! Who knows?

Q -Quantum Leap This is traveling in microseconds through space and time without even actually, visually moving. So to speak. Here's an example: "Besides leaping across a distance, sub-atomic particles can change by leaps in other ways. An electron can change energy from energy-level A to energy-level B in a leap, without having any of the intermediate values of energy. In fact, this is where the term "quantum" comes from. At the sub-atomic level, energy is created and used up in well-defined amounts called "quanta." "Quanta" is plural, "quantum" is singular." So in all actuality, the TV program is true to it's title. Get it?!! Okay, so I never watched the program, but it's interesting none-the-less. And you ask....what does Quantum Leap have to do with sky? Why, electrons of course. As in "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!"

R -Radio Yes, radio. Odd concept, huh? Radio, sky? Yes, sky. Radio waves.

S -Sky's the limit!!! Thanks Swampy for the inspiration.

T -Troposphere And right now, you're saying to yourself, "Huh?" Me too. I actually used the thesaurus 'sky'...and the only "T" word was this fantastic term. Don't believe me? Well wait...I have more!! "The lowest major layer of the atmosphere." So there all you bloggers...take that!!! And your troposphere too!!! This was 'major' wasn't it?

U -UFO And here once again, the 'sky's the limit'....Alien beings, Area 51, Independence Day, Men in Black, Chicken Little, E. T. and alligators in the sewer, and bird bombs. All having to do with unidentified flying objects. At least until it hits you. [or Scotty could beam you up!]

V -Vanilla Sky [a movie starring Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz -flop! Anything with T.C. these days is a total flog if you ask me] And a band. Never heard of 'em. LOL

W -Wild Blue Yonder....the AIR Force theme...."Up [or is it "Off"] we go, into the wild blue yonder, flying high, into the sky! [Oh give me a break!! I had difficulty with the letters "T" "V" "W" "X" "Y" and "Z"!! Live with it!]

X -X marks the spot!! I admit, I've no clue on this. But I could say that I search the sky and watch for cloud formations! If I ever see an 'x' up there, I know that it'll mark the spot, and you'll hear all about it. Why in fact, I just may have the camera all primed and ready and photograph it, then put it up for auction on Ebay like all the other weirdnesses such as the corn flake shaped like Illinois, or the pancake that was the Virgin Mary!!! Who knows, I could make a buck or two from it....but you have to pay the postage too!! Don't forget the postage...and the sky's the limit...the photograph is gonna be costly. Have your American Express handy.

Y -Y as in: Don't know "Y" there's no sun up in the sky...Stormy weather [song by Billie Holliday or Lena Horne]

Z -ZONE "You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land [and sky....don't forget, sky!] of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."

I did it!!! I did it!!! Twenty-six whole thoughts. I think I should get a gold star or something in recognition for a job well done....well...completed that is!!!! Some may be not be ideal, but I did it. :::the crowd goes wild - cheers from the peanut gallery::: Now, play ball!! [sky...ball, hit...home run!!!] <--6 days 'til Opening Day for MLB!!!

Hosting next week is: Robin

April 7th's hostess is Jo

April 14th's hostess is Nekked Lizard




29 comments :

  1. Anni,

    LOL Love that graphic of the exercises. I'm sure you keep slim and trim.

    Enjoyed your list. That must have been a lot of work. So many things related to the sky. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list. Mine won't be finished until tomorrow. I saw one of those moon halos when I was in San Francisco last year it looked really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list my friend. I love visiting here, I know I can always find something to make me smile. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Anni, great list. Very entertaining as usual. I love the Z-Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,
    I love your masthead. This may be my favorite yet. Your sky list has been quite educational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider this a GOLD STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni, that was pure genious!!! awesome job, even if you did keep your clothes on!!!

    I like your new masthead also!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I had trouble with Q and X - no surprise there.

    You chose a good subject too. All around a grade A job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Anni,
    I so loved the conversation between you and your hubby above and the exercising lady graphic. That is just too funny. Here is your Gold Star *. Except I can't make it gold tho. You sure did put alot of work inton naming 26 things that have to do with the sky. You did a great job and I enjoyed reading everyone of them. I probably couldn't have come up with half that many. LOL. I did know that Azure was a blue color tho. I've never been to Davenport, IA before. I'm sure my DH has been thru there before by him being a truck driver and having been all over the US and Canada too. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! what an alphabet ! I admire your phantasy concerning the sky, ! Even Superman and ice cream you mentioned, lol !
    Today it has snowed again, that's quite a strange Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! VERY VERY GOOD!! I could not have thought of that many words for the sky!! GREAT job!! AND on Monday morning too!!
    Hope your weekend was super!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful job! Just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look, very retro and neat. Making your husband's coffee taste bad, that is a new one.
    Have a great day sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moon halo:

    "When there's a halo round the moon
    It tells that RAIN is coming SOON!"

    Absolutely true! A double or treble halo more so!

    Great blog I've been before but you've changed your selfportrait and so have I. I was a tiny roborovski; you were an old lady now you're a ragdoll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni,

    I absolutely LOVE your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most Impressive List! Coming up with 26 things all at once boggles my mind these days. I can hardly remember the 3 things I need to pick up at the store unless I write them down. Sigh.

    I did the Make a Wish meme today at Small Reflections (after doing it on Saturday with a different wish) at Sacred Ruminations.

    Now that your workout is done ... I hope the rest of your Monday is marvelous! Molly’s bugging ME to get started on ‘our’ workout for today, but I’m still enjoying my morning coffee ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here are a thousand gold STARS ! (Use your imagination, which you do have.) Wow. When I said "The sky's the limit...you took that to the bank and back, literally. You must stop smokin' those pencil shavings. My goodness this was a funny one. I loved every 'minute' of it. I know you won't believe this, but I'm looking out my window at about 7 con-trails. (OK, I left for a minute with my camera to take pics to prove it to you and will post them ASAP.) Too weird.
    Thanks for playing the game. Have a wonderful week.
    Now, go shave your legs, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very funny Anni! Have a fun Monday...as if I need to tell you to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,
    Always fun to visit with you....thanks for all the kind remarks.....

    Blessings, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gold star! The dove doo doo made me laugh and made me think of good old Bert ... from Sesame Street ... who has a deep and abiding (unnatural?) love for pigeons ... so my p would be pigeon poo.
    And no, I haven't seen holes punched in Orion's belt, come to think of it. That's just wrong. Someone should have a word with these star people.
    I enjoyed my visit!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Contrails are formed when the hot air/exhaust forms ice crystals. That is all I know. I don't know what has to happen up there to make it special. But I've seen an abundance of them in the sky recently.

    This was a sky watchers paradise post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anni, here it is the day after Easter and you are amazing with your fun Monday...I stayed with one subject... my husband...this fun Monday took a little longer to do , but was fun...enjoy your day. Baba

    ReplyDelete
  23. I did not know there were enough sky related things. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love orion. he's so easy to spot in the sky, sometimes i can see his ankle and shoulder, in red and blue. so much fun. and yes, how DO we know how others see color? if course we dont know! i worked with a guy who couldnt distinguish green from black. i used a green pen to correct something and he couldnt tell what was what! ack! from then on i used a different color!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, great list. The kite one made me giggle, and I used to love Quantum Leap. Brill Fun Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Off I go in to the wild blue yonder!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a terrific job! You are outasight!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your quotes a "famous last words". How funny they are.

    ReplyDelete

.