my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






I have been working and working, for weeks, trying to figure out how to incorporate the comments here on blogger similar to the wordpress comments...where the comment window is on the blog post itself without opening in a new window as blogger does all the time! I've tested here, tested there, taken out coding, added coding so many times I confused myself and can't remember just what coding I dropped and how I added certain css/html to all this...I've totally become puzzled as to where everything was added and what was subtracted over the weeks in my test runs.... until today of all days...I think I got it working!!! IF [and that's a big "if"] I can check out my template css and remember what I took out and what I added, I will share. But don't hold your breath...it's weeks in the making and I won't guarantee I can remember everything. That was a headache and oh so many frustrations...spelled W-O-R-K!!!

<><><>



So far, in our front yard, just below the huge double hung windows of the side of the house, there is one lone amaryllis in full bloom. When we were working out in the yard this past week, I noticed just how heavy the blossom was and the weight of it was making it sag to the ground. I was afraid it'd break the fragile, fibrous stem, so I went into the garage and got one of my handy dandy 'come in handies' plant supports and pounded it into the ground just this side of the huge bulb. The blossom stem juts up to about 3 feet.

I love how the early morning sun is shining down on the blossoms. My mother had these plants like the ones I've planted in my little flower bed here, but she had them as houseplants. And they always bloomed for her in the winter months, making the house 'festive' with bold reds during the Christmas season. Me? I'm not too good with houseplants, but I tend to have better luck with flowering shrubs and plants outdoors. While tying this one up on the support, [in this photo you can see another bud in the bottom left-center] I notice a lot more buds showing their faces also. I'll get them photographed as they bloom. I have a few other colors besides this one that is pink/white. [I just wish the blossoms lasted longer than a week's time tho!]

<><><>




What Your Easter Egg Says About You



You are whimsical, spontaneous, and fun loving.

You connect well with people, but nature is your true love.

Changing locations and scenery is important to your creativity.

You are inspired by the surroundings around you




<><><>


Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.


1. Money :: much needed
2. Unhappy :: sad
3. Joking :: laughter
4. Chipmunk :: Alvin
5. Date :: March 23rd
6. Slideshow :: school study hall
7. Chicago :: honeymoon
8. Lifetime :: channel
9. Skid row :: hobo
10. Edward :: VIII

14 comments :

  1. Testing the comments one more time in the new post. :::crossing my fingers it works:::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just come to admire your beautiful spring flowers ! I wish there were more here ! Today at least the sun is shining but it's quite cold. I went to the big market in Brussels today was a nice walk !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers give me hope that I too will see my flowers soon. We received a ffew more snow flakes yesterday so it will be at least another week or slo before the flowers come. I hope you are having a wonderful Easter.

    PS: I like the new look!And I was able to get right into your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog...:)

    I think we have maybe 1 answer the same lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Afternoon Anni,
    I hope you get your blogging thing figured out. LOL. I still have lots and lots to learn myself. You truly amaze me at how much you know about computers and all this blogging stuff. Yes, I do hate to see my DH leave out everytime he has to leave. I do feel an emptiness when he's gone, but since he get's to stop in at home during the week most of the times, that helps out alot. And of course talking to him on the Cell Phone does too. He hates getting in the truck too to leave but it's a job and we have to have money to pay bills and survive. We do what we have to do and when we are together, we cherish each moment we have together. The flowers in your flower garden are beautiful and is a pretty color. I know you put alot of time and work into your flower garden and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your flower garden. I don't have a green thumb myself. I used to do really well with houseplants years ago, but I don't have any now. Here is what the Easter Egg Personality Test said about me:

    You are truly optimistic, open, and hopeful.
    And your optimism gives you the courage to live life adventurously.
    You love new experiences, ideas, and challenges.
    You see life as a fluid, growing process.

    I enjoyed your Sunday's Word Association. My Parents brought me and the girls some Fried Chicken and some more potato salad up here a bit ago. The girls had left some of their things at their house the other day, so they brought them as well. Take care my friend and have a great Easter. May God Bless You and Yours. By the way, I love your new header. It is beautiful.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment :) Edward VIII was the king I was thinking of. Lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower, love the colors. Hope you have enjoyed your Easter my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just surfing through to wish you a Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new banner and those flowers are beautiful :) And I almost put down the same answer as you for money, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate your comment earlier at Small Reflections. I know how such things go … and retracing steps after the fact can be challenging indeed. I won’t hold my breath, but I will hold out hope ;--)

    As for tennis players … they’re all ‘easy on the eyes.' LOL

    Your Amaryllis is lovely! I’ve got several coming up, but only one with a bud ready to open any time soon. It’s strange, however, because it’s not on a ‘tall stock’ … but rather is close to the ground … something I’ve not seen it do before.

    My Easter Egg Personality Test results were shared Saturday at Small Reflections, so you probably saw them already. I picked the green egg with the orange flower and my results highlighted my 'optimistic' tendencies.

    I enjoyed your ‘unconscious’ mutterings … and now it’s back to tennis for me.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    It worked. Well blow me away. I never thought this could be done on blogger, but then I should have known if anyone could figure it out, you could. Congratulations!

    Love your Amaryllis. I think they are the prettiest flowers. Thanks for sharing your blooms and I look forward to seeing the pics of others.

    Enjoyed your list. Hope you had a great Easter.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice mutterings. ^_^ Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mutterings!

    I like your new look. I thought I was somewhere else!

    Thanks for stopping by Penny Lane and commenting. I hope you had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry for the late visit, but I was busy these days so I only get to go onto the net today. Anyway, is alvin the one from that chipmunk movie? Can't remember the name. Always wanted to watch that show, but I keep forgetting...

    ReplyDelete

.