my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






The Crown Princess is hosting this week. She's written our assignment as:
    "Music plays a vital role in most of our lives. It is everywhere. I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you*. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great."

MY SONG....
naturally, *Annie's Song -Karaoke style
[my family 'thinks of me'-hubby hums it-it's one of my favorites too!]
by
~John Denver


Sayre is hostess for next week.


~...end Fun Monday
[scroll to near animated 'Anni' for comment link]

<><><>

This past weekend, Jams had this little book quiz on his blog and I decided..."Hey, I love books! You wonder just how I'm depicted in title?" So I tried it. Here are my results:



You're Loosely Based!
>by Storey Clayton

While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and
interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world
around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless
and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep
asking you what your name means.

Okay....so in lieu of the interest in the meaning of my name for those who are curious, I did some further research for you so you won't have to go far. It's here for your eyes only: What your [meaning mine of course, Anni] first name means:
German Female Variant of Hebrew Hannah meaning favor. Grace.



Take the Book Quiz

<><><>


Jen at Jen's & Cazz's Chronicles passed this award on to me "You Make the World a Better Place". I love it. Thank you so kindly dear friend. If you haven't been to visit with Jen, she's a lovely lady filled with a great outlook on life...with the beauty and talents of her gardening and her Aussie Humor!! Love her blog, I do!!!

<><><>



So here’s how to play this meme:

1. Capture a picture of your computer’s desktop.*
2. Post it on your blog along with a link to who tagged you.
3. Tag some people.

*Here’s how you can do a screen capture:

1. View desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located in the upper right corner of your keyboard on the same row as the F12 key).
2. Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V).
3. If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it, but it is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.



BryningBunny tagged me. It's a very simple and FUN little meme to do. And quite interesting to see just what's on your computer's desktop for wallpaper! [and I don't have ANY icons/shortcuts on my wallpaper, all of 'em are hidden under my Windows-Vista start button] So, her-r-r-r-r-r-e's ANNI's!!


And, I tag YOU and YOU, and you!---over yonder there hiding! Ya, you, you big hunk of irresistible you!!! [I just KNOW you wanna be irresistibly desired!] Oh, and let the ol' hag Anni know that you've played along, I'm not only curious, I'm experiencing right now at this moment an irresistible desire to see yours........ After all, I showed you mine.

41 comments :

  1. Good Evening Anni,
    I love John Denver's "ANNIE'S SONG". I've always, ever since I was a little girl years ago, loved to hear him sing. I took the book quiz and here is what it said about me:
    You're Confessions!
    by St. Augustine
    You're a sinner, you're a saint, you do not feel ashamed. Well, you might feel a little ashamed of your past, but it did such a good job of teaching you what not to do. Now you've become a devout Christian and have spent more time ruminating on the world to come rather than worldly pleasures. Your realizations and ability to change will bring reverence upon you despite your hedonistic transgressions. Florida will honor you most in the end.
    Hmmmm, most of it's true. "CONGRATULATION'S" on "You Make The World A Better Place" Award. You do make my world alot better. I love your Desktop on your computer. I read your instructions, but since I'm not that computer literate, I don't know if I could do this or not. I will practice with it a few days and see what I can do and when and if I get the hang of it, I will be sure to let you know. I have shortcuts and Icons all over mine. LOL. I have a Windows ME computer. Very outdated, but hopefully someday soon, I can get a new one. I've donen put the bug into my DH's ear. LOL. He wants a new Les Paul Guitar and I told him I wanted a new computer. He LOL at me and I turned around and LOL at him back. I told him the only way he could get his guitar, was for me to get a new computer. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great evening/day. May God Bless You and Yours. I'm glad you liked the E-Card. It looks good with your others. "THANK YOU" for adding it.

    Love ya bunches and hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,

    I will give the meme a try. Not sure it will work out or not. Maybe you have taught me something. We shall see. LOL

    One thing I know for certain is that you have made the world a better place for me since I've come to know you. You've definitely touched my life. Thanks for your friendship.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing. That is a great song. I have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a GREAT one! I still have some cake left if you wanna come for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always really liked that song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lotsa fun stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, of course, Anni...what a great choice and such a beautiful song. John Denver was a wonderful singer/songwriter. I had a friend, who had this played a small wedding. I thought that it was very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Obama sticker caught my eye. Yes We Can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet that your loved ones think of you when they hear this song! John Denver was great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always thought that was a beautiful song. Perfect choice for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    I DID IT!!! Drop over to my blog when you can and see my screen capture. Thanks so much for teaching me something new today.
    ;-) I love learning new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss John Denver so much!! Stupid plane crash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so very glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I have an award for you over on my blog! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never heard this song it is VERY romantic, lol ! I don't have any song which people make think of me, probably there are not enough cat songs ! The wallpaper meme I did already quite some time ago, yours looks funny, I have my 5 cats on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Annie's Song" is a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved this song and of course it's perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of John Denver's song. Rocky Mountain High is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like John Denver too, and that book quiz looks interesting (and I'm always searching for blogfodder)....just lovely! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great song choice for you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When you first said Annie's Song, all I could hear in my head was "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow". I know. Monday morning brain.

    Terrific choice and a beautiful rendition.

    Thanks.

    The book thing? Lolita. I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man, John Denver! I used to love listening to him. Such a tragedy when he died in that plane crash. And now thinking about it, I can't believe it's been just over 10 years since he died. Thank goodness we always have his songs to listen to. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course it's your song Anni! John Denver sang for many of us, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by and leaving all your sweet comments! I love your blog! I'll try and do this Meme, but no promises as you know I have the lovely Mac and have no idea how to use it! LOL! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute John Denver song.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like John Denver. Why do I always forget about him?

    ReplyDelete
  26. So romantic and your hubby hums it. Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I used to love John Denver and still have a few of his record album. Love the Anni song.

    I did the wallpaper meme thingy. Up now for all to see.

    Robin of mytwoblessings

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great song! I loved John Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hmmm..Annie's Song..I can't imagine why!! LOL One of my favorites by John Denver.

    Thanks for the info and I'll be back Friday to get details. I hope you don't mind, I put you on my friends list so I can come back often. I enjoy visiting you!

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've always liked this song, although I'm not a big John Denver fan.

    Here's my Fun Monday

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love this song! Wow...my head is spinning...in a good way of course!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love JD and I love this song!!!
    I love your Love quote! I love your desktop image! Did I ever tell you that I just love the duckie valentine you have up top? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh poopydoo. I missed stopping by to wish you a Happy Birthday! Happy belated B-day Anni! I am glad you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved the song!! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Every time I hear John Denver, I fondly think of my late mother-in-law. A little Italian American who made everyone feel special, and oh lord could she cook the most mouth watering delectables. And she could paint, and sew, and do anything artistic. And she had to drop out of school in 8th grade to take care of her older brothers.

    But she loved John Denver.

    Thank you for the wonderful memories.

    Patience

    ReplyDelete
  36. i have always been a closet john denver fan ... and annie's song is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love John Denver..I can't listen to that song without crying...it reminds me of my childhood and my dad and one of my brothers....yes, I have tears right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Certainly a good choice of song for you Anni, BTW the fact that you still have all the old records, way back to 78s @ about 3 to the pound!!! probably means you haven't moved house in a lot of years!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What an apt song for you! I did your birthday thing at the top & it said my hubby and I are not compatible. And, neither are my son & I. Hmmmm..beg to differ!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well, I don't think Im going to listen to anyone else's songs tonight! I do not think anyone could top this. I just listened to Janet sing Unchained Melody and now your Annies song.

    My dad was a huge John Denver fan and I have to say he is the only Country and Western singer other than Shania Twain that I could stand. I grew up with my dad belting out his songs in the car, so learned them all quite young.

    I used to sing Annies song to my kids when they were little. It brings back such wonderful childhood and motherhood memories. Thank you! And God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hootin Anni,
    I'm so sorry this is a belated Happy Birthday wish...we were out of town on Saturday.....I'm just now catching up......

    Please do stop by and have some cake...there are 3 to choose from along with other delights....Betty

    ReplyDelete

.