my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




*IF YOU'RE HERE TO FIND YOUR GIFT I TOLD YOU ABOUT...
scroll down.




Join Here




~ Heads or Tails
This week, in honor of Valentine's Day, Skittles wants us to do a theme on "LOVE"

About 15 years ago I composed this poem, and I published it on my website [remember those?] in 1999. Then, just recently I added it to my Poetry and Haiku blog -which is linked on my sidebar. I share with you my poem. Please, this is mine, and I appreciate that it isn't copied by anyone. Thanks for your consideration. The link I provided should open in a new page.

Refrain of Solitude
© Hootin' Anni
1999-2008

<><><>

~ Ten on Tuesday


[I don't lay claim to this political cartoon. I just embellished it some with an addition of my own caricature to show where everyone stands with me...to 'work' with my Ten on Tuesday this week. If the author wishes me to take it down, I will. With my sincere apologies of my wrong-doing]

10 things about politics

Oh pahleeeze, you really want me to list ONLY TEN? You think it's wise to get me started on this subject?

With my Fun Monday last week, I added a very political stand on my bucket list, and someone commented, "If you don't like it, you should run for office". Well, I say: "Sho' me da money to campaign!" "I'll run". But-cha better vote for me!

Okay, now in all seriousness.
[Well at least for the most part of my ten anyway. :::snort:::]
Here we go:

1. In 2008, I've seen a lot of tears shed, and I'm thinking to myself, is this a weakness or a ploy? If it IS weakness, then it's gonna be a hindrance to our country. We need strength, and tears shed will not work very well diplomatically. To me it interferes with or delays action or progress in any situation and it certainly isn't good for politicking.

2. In 2004 Bush's Campaign Slogan was "Yes, America Can". Can what? Falter? [in the beginning of his two presidential terms the price of oil per barrel was $20. Now look!!] Yep, we sure CAN alright.

3. In 1984 Reagan's slogan was "It's Morning Again in America"....Okay, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

4. In 1992 Clinton's slogan was "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow". Hmmmmm, sounds a tad bit familiar - song lyrics maybe? Our dear Scarlet O'Hara once said: "After all, tomorrow's another day."....I say Mr. Billy was thinking more about Ms. Lewinsky and their appointment in the 'morrow.

5. One of my favorite people* once said: "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." I say...."Right on Bro!!!"

6. In the Devil's Dictionary the word politics is a noun. 'Nough said.

7. "Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke." * *

8. Politics? Eight words --See no evil, hear no evil, and...evil.

9. Then there's a memory of Dan Quayle. He touring "Latin America" and speaking to the media saying: "I should have studied Latin and paid attention more so I can speak to these people." OH MY GAWD!!!

10♥. And my last comment is: In politics, the hogs get fed and become fatter by the day.... yet the pigs [not in a derogatory sense] get butchered.

- - -

Presidential Campaign Slogans
* Groucho Marx
* * Will Rogers
10♥ hogs=congress, pigs=common folk

- - -

And then, on the same subject, have you ever wondered about the two top government officials, when they go into office, their salary is a mere $200,000.00 or less [I know they're monetary worth is much much more but....] and they leave office richer by millions than when they took office? Something's wrong with this picture. It just BLOGgles my mind!!!

<><><>

I, personally, consider it a courtesy to post as soon as I can regarding gifts given to me for my blog. I want to show my appreciation right away. It's just, for me, the right and proper thing to do instead of waiting on any special one day. So, in heart-felt gratitude:



Jen over at Tidbits of the Tippets presented me with this lovely award! I am so thankful to receive this Jen....and I take your words posted about my blog to heart! You're a dear to pass along such a sweet award and such caring words!! Thank you so much! You most certainly made my day.
She says:
    "I wanna pass this award along to Anni over at Hootin' Anni's and also award this to Skittles' Place. These are 2 of the newest blogs I've found and I absolutely love them. Both these ladies show so much love to everyone else and have such fun blogs!! If you haven't been over to their blogs, go and visit today! You won't regret it! :)"


- - -

And dear Mary at Mary's Writing Nook sent this along to me Monday morning...


She says:
    "I'm sending you a little something that I would like you to add to your awards page. Your blog is an inspiration and each post shows your big heart. I hope you enjoy it."
I do!! I do enjoy it...that is close to awe inspiring....what a beauty!!!

<><><>

More Valentines being sent out to some who leave SWEET as Candy comments!! ---
This time it's my little 'birdie' card. It's gonna go out to:


[click on it then save!]

Sauntering Soul
June Bug
Ivy Sterling
Puss N Boots
Linda
ByrningBunny
T J
Tammy
Libertybelle
Daisy
Mar
Sue
Alasandra [we share birthdays]
Carver
Patricia

...more to come

[you can pass it to others, but only if you want to. that's not required---it's a gift]





39 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your awards! And thank you ever so much for thinking of me with the cute little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems that you receive so many awards like I do,congratulations, and I am so honored to receive this wonderful gifts from you my new friend. I am ecstatically happy to have this. I will let you know as soon as I post it to one of my blogs. thank you so much I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni,

    A wonderful and fun post, as always. I enjoyed your "Ten."

    I had never visited your poetry blog and enjoyed exploring there. Another thing we have in common - we both write poetry. Yours is awesome.

    Congratulations on the awards. You really deserve them and your blog is such a great place to visit. I always enjoy visiting with you.

    Take care and have a great week. It is FRIGID up here. It was minus 22 Fahrenheit this morning and hasn't warmed up much all day. Wind and cold. Brr! I wanted to stay in, but went to watch the boys. There was no school because of the cold and Michelle had pre-op today. I just about froze. LOL

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Anni, You are so sweet to pass that on to me. I hope you have a great week. It is always a pleasure to visit your blog and I love your sense of humor and your interesting posts as well as your kind heart. Best regards, Carver

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...just trying out leaving a comment with Karen's new wii...didn't think you would mind. She needs a keyboard b/c 1 letter @ a time is tourture! but i'm online and that's neat,love and hugs, grams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the gift. I really like that little duckie in your header that you made. Do you make these creations with paint? I have an iMac now and do not have that program. I really don't know what program I could create anything in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked the award as you deserve it! I loved your poetry!!! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your awards!!! and thank you very, very much for that precious Valentine, my first one this year and I love it, love it! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Anni,
    I enjoyed reading your poem. It is beautiful and very touching. You are a great writer as well. I enjoyed also reading your 10 on Tuesday. I do think it's true that the Government is Hogs and we are their pigs. I have my view on those high-paid Government people. If they would get paid just the minimum wage like everyone else does, maybe, just maybe, they would have a different outlook on things. "CONGRATULATION'S" on some more very well deserved Awards. I really love that one that Mary gave you. I have had another one of my bad headaches last night. I took some pills for it, but it's still hurting. I woke up for a bit and I'm fixing to go lay back down. I hope I'm able to do a post today. I'll just have to see how I'm feeling after while. If I don't post, you know why. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know you were a poet too ! it is very touching !

    Politic is quite difficult and American politics are often hard to understand for Europeans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Very nice poem.
    Thanks for the visit!
    I hope I can reclaim such talent that I thought I had when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni!
    A very nice composition indeed!
    Happy Hearts Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully funny post, as always dear. I loved that poem, so beautiful. Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Anni!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you really are an artist. very lovely poem.
    please accept this Art Award

    Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm good job in this weeks theme. TC

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed your poem, and your 'political commentary' or, comments on politics.

    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well aren't you just the sweetest thing!!!!! It is obvious that you deserve those sweet awards from others, Anni. What a blessing you are. Thank you so very much for this precious valentine. It is a treasure like you! Much love and blessings - Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great poem....what a lot of fun stuff you have posted today...you are one busy lady...and very creative...ah if only one day I could get it all together...then where would I be....cheers...love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting mine!

    I love that Scarlett O'Hara quote! It's one of my favorites from the movie. Imagine if she took over! :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the gift.

    And I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed finding out more about my birthday. That was a neat link.

    Alasandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely poem on love. Thank you for stopping by my HoT post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey there Anni...hope your day is going well today!! i am being lazy..need to get around and off to work this afternoon. i loved all you had to say about politics. I will be EVER SO GLAD when this is all over with. Take care and enjoy the day.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your Ten on Tuesday list - great quotes, and they make some great points. (But I agree that it was hard to limit this topic to jusrt ten...)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww, thank you so much Hootin Annie! :D
    And congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anni, You are so right! It does take forever to type in everything!!! love and hugs. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. That poem is really, really good Annie. I could never write anything like that!!!

    Love that Love quote above too. And that you got a lot of awards, because you've certainly earned them!

    My Heads & Tails came up late this time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful poem, Anni..you're good!!
    I'm still exploring and enjoying all your blog. Congrats on those awards!

    I made a separate blog for my awards but I don't have a link to it yet. Thanks for the info.

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok, you are officially entitled to the crown on multi-tasking!

    I loved the poem, so beautiful, melancholy and poignant. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I lingered over each and every word of your beautifully moving and poignant poem. You have a definite talent there, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi there, I come to visit you, and to let you know I already posted your wonderful gift that you pass on to me.thank you so much. http://sendami.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on all the recognition you're getting for your blog :)

    Came for 10 on Tuesday today, but am here often, including for PhotoHunt.

    Anway, wanted to say that we're in agreement on a lot (especially the political savvy of Groucho Marx) and those tears (plu-eeez!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I read your Solitude poem. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great poem - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have such a wonderful blog and I real like your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on your awards. All are well deserved. You are very sweet and lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I sank into my memories as I read the poem. It is such a sad feeling and the poem gave me hope somehow that the future won't be so lonely. Thank you, Anni. My HoT is here. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anni,
    You have to be THE most thoughtful blogger I've ever had the pleasure of reading! Thank you so much for the valentine. I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to get over here and pick it up, but today is ketchup day for me so it's going up over at my place! Thanks so much for your comments and visits and for the humorous wisdom I come here every day to find!

    ReplyDelete

.