“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Santa-ghan

When our kids were small, they had a book that was awesome. I recall the author's name was Richard Scarry. I think. And the book was "Where's Waldo?" We'd spend many a long winter days going through the book, and having fun looking for Waldo. Even when the kids had the book memorized. Well, this photo reminds me a bit of the old days...but, in this instance, "Where's Winston?"



And our older kitty, Tahoe, was all relaxed and I woke her up with the flash. When I made the afghan and finished just before Christmas last year, she took possession of it. And when I got it out of packing this year, she made a dash for it! But, now you're gonna get a laugh out of this one....after I snapped the photo, she threw up a huge black hair ball....right on the beard!!

    [Images can be enlarged]



<><><>





Siani surprised me with two awesome awards! I will cherish them. Thank you ever so much!!


[The Christmas Spirit Award is activated with the sweep of the mouse. Really Cool!!]




<><><>

For those that are curious as to what the photo was in my photo hunt yesterday, I have to convey congrats to the smarties who guessed a garage door runner. Yep, that's what it is. You're all too clever. Someday I'm gonna stump ALL of you! Someday.

<><><>


I started doing a day of blogging that would be part of the 'fun side of life'. I hear and read so much of the negative that I felt like setting aside a day that is relaxing, without a certain special theme. Write about something of my own interest, and have some fun with it....without any negative or saddened story I read in the newspaper or hear on the news on the 10PM newscast. I find myself looking forward to it when I can find something of my own interest to laugh, or cheer myself up somehow.

For my Sunday Snippet:



~~Today a quote from a book by Tom Mula~

    "Oh the bells of hell go ting a ling a ling...
    Marley woke with a start. He was relieved to find that he had been
    transported to some part of this hellish world where he was
    essentially alone, except that someone was singing in his ear.

    Literally in his ear. For though Marley could see no one,
    the annoying buzzing persisted, and seemed to be coming from
    his right ear, as if something had crawled in there while he
    was unconscious.

    'When was the last time you cleaned in here, old prune?
    Dis-GUSTING Well, at least we won't have to wax in here.........' "


- - -

To get myself psyched up and ready for the musical next weekend, I have stopped in the middle of my other book [see sidebar] and began reading the TRUE book of Marley from the Christmas Carol. And it was so fun to read; finished it last night. Very funny indeed. A short book, and if you're liking this kind of reading, it's a book worth finding. [Hubby found this a couple of months ago when we were antiquing]

A review of the book:

So begins the real story behind Dickens' A Christmas Carol—the story of Jacob Marley's heroic behind-the-scenes efforts to save old Scrooge's soul—and in the process, save his own. Aided by a Bogle, a malicious little hell-sprite with an agenda of his own, their hilarious journey takes them from the Jaws of Death to the Mouth of Hell—and beyond! This irreverent, funny, and ultimately, deeply moving story retells Dickens' classic with warmth and infectious zest. This thrilling performance is sure to become a holiday classic for generations to come!

I really can't wait for the night to come...if only the tickets hadn't arrived so early I wouldn't be so anxious for the play. My hubby's favorite line is of course "Bah Humbug".





13 comments :

  1. We (hubby, daughter, lil man, and I) are going to see "The Nutcracker" this evening provided the weather cooperates.

    Thanks for such a fun read and I love the pics of your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it! I knew it! *dances around* I got the garage door thingy! Whoooo hoooo!

    DID Richard Scarry do the Where's Waldo books??? I never knew that! My kids LOVED Waldo -- but they never liked any of those "other" Richard Scarry books. I've still got the Waldo's tucked away somewhere! I'll have to get them out for Miss Luz! (and hey! they might keep MOM occupied too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni ~~Thank you for that post of
    interesting bits and pieces.
    Thanks for your comments about the Wisteria. It is lovely, but it does take over. Glad you enjoyed the jokes. Take care, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine what I have here sometimes with my 5 cats leaving "souvenirs" in the strangest places. Today for once I did a meme because it was so stupid, I mean you had to highlight the characteristics of your horoscope! If you want you can do it too, I tagged the whole Blogger world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Anni,
    Thanks for coming by yesterday and leaving such uplifting comments. I have decided that I am NOT going to quit blogging. I enjoy it too much. Thanks for sharing all of these things with us. I was thinking it might have been a garage thing, but the shelf under it thru me off. Oh well, maybe next time. LOL. It didn't "Rain on our Parade" last night but it was very foggy tho. Well, take care my friend and have a great Sunday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great book! I just finished The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am going to have to post a picture of Zeek our cat because he looks a lot like your Cat!! He is the sweetest cat going...
    we have a bumch of ice and we are in for the day and tomorrow! Churches all closed for this Sunday.....
    Liked your post today! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Antoinette12/09/2007

    My kids loved Richard Scarry as well, great drawings with lots to see and discover.
    I couldn't resist your Christmas meme, so you can find it on my Blog :)

    Oooo have fun at A Christmas Carol. St. Nicholas bought me 2 DVDs, both musicals, one with Kelsey Grammar and one with a WONDERFUL Albert Finney as Scrooge. I both love them.
    Have fun - And let us know how it was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book was wonderful!!! L. Frank Baum is the man who wrote The Wizard of Oz stories. Have you ever seen the Rankin-Bass cartoon based on this book? I'm going to see if I can find a copy from the library or online to see it again and compare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,


    Always fun visiting your site! :)

    Thanks for your upbeat and happy posts! They always cheer me!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again! I did my post and Posted a picture of our cat that looks a lot like your cat!! It is almost time for the game and I don't have much hope for the Chiefs to win today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    That book looks like it is a good read. I always check out whatever you are reading, as I'm an avid reader myself.

    I just finished reading "The Sin Eater," by Francine Rivers and enjoyed it a lot. It is a story set in Appalachia. I enjoy reading historical fiction.

    As always, I enjoyed my visit. Take care, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Antoinette12/09/2007

    For some reason my profile isn't showing :(
    Just so you can find my answers to your Christmas meme
    http://atsparkys.com/wordpress

    Good morning to you, I'm off to bed!

    ReplyDelete

.