my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






...join us over at Kelli's "There is no place like home"!!

<><><>

This is my set of four Thanksgiving napkin rings. They're ceramic, white of course, and at this point, just for the photo shot, they're stuffed!!! With my Autumn colored/print, cotton, napkins...



...and this is a close-up shot to show the detail a bit better. Meet Mr. Tom!! Come Thursday they'll be well-used and greasy from my infamous brown gravy! hehehehe
[images may be enlarged]




<><><>



Sharon, from Rose of Sharon so generously awarded me with this beautiful gift! Yes, to me, it's [as with all I've received in the past] more a gift of friendship and thoughtfulness....to have someone think of me while the awarding comes to their mind. Y'all humble me. And you are so very generous and kind! Thank you so much Sharon. [And I like the fact very much that Sharon passed this on to Mary, who originally gave it to her....that is just super-amazing! I love the idea.]

<><><>

....and for a little story:

One beautiful December evening Huan Cho and his girlfriend Jung Lee were sitting by the side of the ocean. It was a romantic full moon, when Huan Cho said "Hey baby, let's play Weeweechu."

"Oh no, not now, lets look at the moon" said Jung Lee.

"Oh, c'mon baby, let's you and I play Weeweechu. I love you and it's the perfect time," Huan Cho Begged.

"But I rather just hold your hand and watch the moon."

"Please Jung Lee, just once play Weeweechu with me."

Jung Lee looked at Huan Chi and said, "OK, we'll play Weeweechu."

Huan Cho grabbed his guitar and they both sang....."Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year."

<><><>


FRIDAY'S FEAST


Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?

Head Receptionist at the area's Chamber of Commerce.

Soup

Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

Hmmmmmmm, I would say 1st, in my mind. The mind is where the creative 'juices' flow!! Then,-CRAFT STORE. After shopping for the items I need to create ---I'd go to my "hidey hole" [home office]....that's the quietest room in the house where I can create with the computer or my sketch pad. Or I can sit in the living room with my crochet project. Sometimes when a bug hits me for something special for dinner, I can create in the kitchen. [But those days are few and far between any more.]

Salad

Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…

I most likely can't finish the sentence....I don't embarrass much anymore at my age. I really can't think of anything right now. If I do, I'll come back and add it later. I have carried a motto with me for decades now, "100 years from now, it'll make no difference." Oh sure, I still blush now and then because I goof somewhere along the line ---but hey, blushing and actually FEELING embarrassed are two different things. Hence, nothing embarrasses me much. Most often, embarrassment is over trivial things, so why bother?

Main Course

What values did your parents instill in you?

First and foremost...for me, as an individual, Independence. [This value I trusted with my life. And it has carried me through rough times. Both my parents many-a-times told me "Don't depend on anyone to carry you...you must do it yourself!!"]. Also, LOVE of family [and this is just NOT immediate family, it's the "Love thy neighbor" attitude. But don't get me wrong, I can love the neighbor in many ways, laughing with them, crying with them...being there for them in need...] Sharing was a big part of my life when growing up. There's more, but I wouldn't bore you any longer. All I can say to add to this is that I had two beautiful, wonderful, loving parents. And they taught me well!! Let's just get to the good part of the feast....my favorite part to the meal....THE DESSERT!!

Dessert

Name 3 fads from your teenage years. [that'd be the 50's and 60's]

HULA HOOPS


FELT [WITH POODLE AND RHINESTONES] SKIRTS


CAT'S-EYE EYE GLASSES [black, with big 'pointy' frames!]






43 comments :

  1. I so love your napkin rings...my mom had similar ones, I'll have to ask her if she still has them! Congratulations on the award, you truly are an amazing woman and I feel so blessed to know you:-) LOL at that Weeweechu joke! hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so bad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - thanks for the early morning giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Weeweechu a Merry Christmas!

    Congratulations on the award Anni. It's well deserved...you are an amazing lady.

    What beautiful little napkin rings...they'll be lovely on your table for Thanksgiving...may we see your table when it's all prettied up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni,
    Congratulations on your lovely award.
    I love your Napkin rings they will look so lovely on your Thanksgiving table.
    Heheheh giggle Giggle at Weeweecha.
    Very rarely do i feed my Orchids just a little water and forget about them till there out grown there pots then its time to repot its time to repot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous print on your napkins and I love the turkey rings! I agree about the dessert---it's fun reading everyone's.

    Elizabeth @ Thought Suite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love napkin rings and yours are just perfect for Thanksgiving.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe... I would say our soups AND our salads were pretty matchy! But BOY did our desserts set us apart!!! LOL!

    Love your little story -- that's a cute one - and I've never heard it before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey--I figured out how to comment on your post!!! I have to scroll way way way down--yipeeeeeee!! First time I have succeeded (can't spell) right away!!!!! I am overwhelmed!!! Love the napkin turkey holder thingies --Have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your salad! I'm going to remember that!! And your dessert sounds super neat! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the signs of your youth - I am just a tad later than that. I read the previous one about the Santas. As I was reading it, I thought of the ridiculous thing I read yesterday about the "ho ho ho" deal and then you linked to that story. YIKES!!! What in the world is up with this crazy world of ours?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Feast Day. Great main course. I think those dessert glasses are coming back into style. Shudder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like those milk glass turkeys! My mother started buying milkglass for me when I was about 15 and I have added to them over the years, but I don't have anything like that. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so busy on Friday's. Wish I had enough energy to keep up with Friday's Feast too.

    I love napkins rings. Your turkeys are very pretty. I never set a table with coth napkins so I don't get to buy rings but I always look at them...silly I know. I should just set them up on my dinning room table just so I can enjoy them.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  15. great feast!! we share much of our main course and the same creative spot :) What a lovely feast this week. I'll be back later to visit you photo hunt!! HAve a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for listing me in your Bloggers over 50! It's nice to 'meet' you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful napkin rings! I love them because they are turkeys, but also because they are white so you can put any color/pattern napkin with them! Great!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like your turkey napkin rings!...and what a cute joke.You and I are the same age, so I can relate to so many things in your post, especially the dessert!
    The newspaper clippings on my post were dated 1944!...have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The napkin rings are great and I really enjoyed your Feast! Would love to see a photo of you sporting those trends...

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're soup is part inspiration and part frustration for me...LOL.
    Poodle skirts and cate eye glasses awesome memories for you....and my mom, sorry. I am an eighties teen.
    Loved the feast Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. "What amazing "Show & Tell" you have!! It all so lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!! Come by my "Show & Tell!"
    xo Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes...the cat eyed glasses!!! I wore those in high school!!

    Yummy feast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your napkin rings are lovely.
    I used to have those sorts of glasses, but mine actually had slight wings! Thanks for the nice comments you put on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had Cat glasess at one time!! My kids see old pictures and say "MOM " they are look so goofy!! Well, No Duh, kids!!!
    Some of the stuff they wear will look just as goofy when they have kids!!

    Your napkins rings were so pretty!! Congrats on your award you deserve them all!! Love ya, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good for you on the salad. I embarrass easily.

    Love the cats eye glasses!


    What nice collections you have!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, wonderful old things! Those cat eyes glasses.... *giggles*

    Congrats to the well earned award, the picture for it is very lovely. I love old pictures.

    We don't celebrate thanksgiving over here in Sweden. Sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni,

    Wonderful post. You and I are from the same era - poodle skirts, cat eye glasses (which I refused to wear) white bucks, saddle shoes and full circle skirts. Those were the days, my friend.

    Glad you enjoyed the award. You certainly are amazing, so it fits you perfectly.

    Blessings for a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed your feast! The photos are great too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post! Lovew the story and the turkey napkin holders!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello...so nice to have you stop by my blog again today!! I have a big problem going with a very very bad virus. It has almost killed my laptop. But I have my neighbor fixing it now!! THANK GOD for him!! I need to get Friday FEAST done maybe today!! Smile.. Have a great weekend. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well, that was fun!

    I wanted to say that we could go into business doing the electricity thing. I have installed lots of ceiling fans. So there you go. Where do we sign??

    And I have napkin rings that look exactly the same abut they are doves. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the smiles, anni!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fantastic feast! Thank's for sharing. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooo I got a Barbie with the felt skirt & poodle :)
    Haven't been online for a while and I love the amount of stories at your blog, I have to catch up with.

    Weeweechu is my favourite game *hums*

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow lots of show and telly stuff. i love the tureys and what a nice award from Sharon. well deserved. Blessings to you.

    Mica

    ReplyDelete
  36. What cute napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh yes! Hula hoops and cat's eyes.

    Feel welcome to visit me at:

    Laane's feast

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cats eye glasses? Yoikes! LOL!

    Nice feast this week! Thanks for visiting mine.

    Best --
    Braden

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your cute Thanksgiving napkin rings!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  40. I want to see a photo of your napkins after the feast. This is the pretty before shot. And they do look pretty in those proud turkeys. Next we need the after photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. ooooo I almost woke the baby reading your commentary on the comment form! I LOVE Erma Bombeck!!!

    what was I gonna say?? Yikes, got to go reread the post.....

    oh, love the new post-Halloween look!

    Those napkin rings are lovely!! I probably should get some one day as we always seem to host Thanksgiving....just easier than trying to get 3 babies 4 and under to BEHAVE in someone else's house!

    Thanks for stopping by my place...I'm light on visiting just now as I have a bunch of sewing to do and less than 37 days to do it in!!

    I hope you'll come back by my place for Thesaurus Thursday! Excercise your brain and your funny bone at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like your white turkey napkin rings, and the pretty napkins!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

.